ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3 London Games set....

Oldschool739

Dallas is in the NFCE and StL is in the NFCW. Indy is in the AFCS. They have several teams that do not fit geographically in the Div they represent. How is bmore in the north? It should be the east or south. It would be no big deal to keep the Jags in the south. If they are going to Nashville and Houston t lest once a yr that is closer a training facility in Jax. Unless the league decides to do a full realingment which I don't think they would want to it is pointless.

Dallas is in the NFCE and StL is in the NFCW. Indy is in the AFCS. They have several teams that do not fit geographically in the Div they represent. How is bmore in the north? It should be the east or south. It would be no big deal to keep the Jags in the south. If they are going to Nashville and Houston t lest once a yr that is closer a training facility in Jax. Unless the league decides to do a full realingment which I don't think they would want to it is pointless.

Right yeah I'm not saying everything is geographical. I'm just saying with London I'm sure the league will want to pair them with East Coast teams like Boston and New York. Easier travel for not only the team but potential fans as well. And who's to say the training facility would be in Jacksonville?

I just don't see them kicking Miami to the curb. I would be irate if I were that owner and they took th epotential for Boston and NY fans away from my totals. They have problems enough filling there place. I really don't see many other teams fans making the jump across the pond for these games.

Kahn owns the facility already. I can't see him throwing it away when he will need one here to be competetive.

Really good post! You make an excellent point about the saturation point in London before placing a team there. My thought would be to place the team there sooner rather than later. That way you could try and attract a younger generation of fans to embrace the Jags as their own team while still drawing the current fan bases whenever their team comes into town to play. Additionally placing a team sooner allows the NFL to still draw upon the novelty factor which they could use to create a fan base organically for the new team. Basically what you said already, so I agree with you!

RavenMad, how do you see the prospect of corporate partnership between the new team and London businesses. Think there would be interest? A huge problem for smaller market teams in the US (Jags are a prime example) are there aren't enough local big businesses available to fill the premium seating and other sponsorship opportunities. This is why the NFL likely sees London as a gold mine. I'm sure corporate sponsorships are a major source of revenue for Premiere League teams.

Hey definitely tell us when you know for sure when you will come visit Baltimore for a game. I, and I'm sure others here as well, would be happy to show you around. I know you've probably mentioned it in the past, but how did you become a Ravens fan over other teams?

London is 1 of the financial capitals of the world and Wembley is 1 of the iconic stadiums in the world. There will be no shortage of corporate sponsors for a London NFL game. In fact, it would become 1 of the top media markets for any team in the NFL as you would have a market into the whole of Europe as well as the UK. Why do you think teams are lining up to play here especially the teams that struggle in their current markets like St.Louis and Jacksonville? The almighty dollar or in this case the almighty Pound.

Thanks for the offer as well. I'm sure between you and Dee I will be will covered when I visit Baltimore. The shortest answer to how I became a Ravens fan is I was new to the game in '96 and the Ravens were new to the NFL in '96 so it was a logical match. By 2000 I was hooked. My earliest Superbowl memory is spilling my beer celebrating a Jermaine Lewis kick return against the Giants. I'm not sure how I ended up at ExtremeRavens though. I think it might be something to do with Max's learning triangle and knowing things that they don't want you to know.

• Upvote 1

I just don't see them kicking Miami to the curb. I would be irate if I were that owner and they took th epotential for Boston and NY fans away from my totals. They have problems enough filling there place. I really don't see many other teams fans making the jump across the pond for these games.

Kahn owns the facility already. I can't see him throwing it away when he will need one here to be competetive.

Good points. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Miami is not helping themselves with their stadium situation. London might only work in the same division as NY and Boston. With shared revenue, Miami May be a casualty for the greater good of the league. As far as fans I meant more so vice versa London fans coming to the US. Easier and more attractive to visit NYC and Boston than Indy, Nashville and Houston. Maybe Miami stays in the AFC East and Buffalo changes. Who knows. Also like you said, maybe the city of Jacksonville doesn't cooperate with the London team and they have to move.

If the owners kicked Miami to the curb I could see the most epic of legal wars rage. What Al Davis did would be peanuts compared to it.

I would think the Jags own the training facility. The Ravens own the castle and it's property. Usually it is just the Stadiums that the teams down own.

A division change is hardly being kicked to the curb. I doubt it would spur a legal battle. Teams move divisions are realigned all the time. The league is shared revenue so I doubt the Dolphins would lose any money playing the Colts, Titans and Texans compared to the Pats, Jets and Bills.

Look at the most recent NHL realignment. The two Florida teams got the shaft big time. They were unhappy but there was nothing they could do about it.

They would lose ticket sales. That money does belong to the team itself. They already have problems getting sellouts as is. There is no way they want to take the traveling NY and Boston fans out for the Indy and Nash fans. I guess Houston may travel well but not like a NY or Boston.

Like I said see the Florida teams in NHL realignment. And I'm sure putting London in the AFC East for overall league revenue trumps any minuscule difference in ticket sales the Dolphins could claim lost. Heck they can barely sell seats as is. You show me evidence the Dolphins sell out away team fan tickets for division games and I'll admit I'm wrong. Either way your guess is as good as mine. Who knows Buffalo could be the team moving to keep the big markets of London, Miami, New York and Boston in one division. I am confident the London team would be in the AFC East. If the league goes through with a team in London I guarantee they are going to maximize that opportunity fiscally and keeping the team in the east coast to minimize travel as much as possible. We can agree to disagree in the meantime.

Like I said see the Florida teams in NHL realignment. And I'm sure putting London in the AFC East for overall league revenue trumps any minuscule difference in ticket sales the Dolphins could claim lost. Heck they can barely sell seats as is. You show me evidence the Dolphins sell out away team fan tickets for division games and I'll admit I'm wrong. Either way your guess is as good as mine. Who knows Buffalo could be the team moving to keep the big markets of London, Miami, New York and Boston in one division. I am confident the London team would be in the AFC East. If the league goes through with a team in London I guarantee they are going to maximize that opportunity fiscally and keeping the team in the east coast to minimize travel as much as possible. We can agree to disagree in the meantime.

Any team in London would increase revenue. An equal split between 32 teams on the Euro tv deal. 10,000 seats empty in your stadium is out of your pocket. Travel is not really increased. NFL teams would use charters to. I have no Idea how to find how ticket sales break down.

Any team in London would increase revenue. An equal split between 32 teams on the Euro tv deal. 10,000 seats empty in your stadium is out of your pocket. Travel is not really increased. NFL teams would use charters to. I have no Idea how to find how ticket sales break down.

Like I said. Show me evidence of the Dolphins losing 10,000 seats and I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then I'm very skeptical there would be any negative effect for the Dolphins changing division. Unless you count the Dolphins getting their ass consistently handed to them by the Pats a legit rivalry, there is nothin worth saving in the AFC East in the last twenty years. And I believe that London team will spend more time actually in London than you're anticipating. That's why I believe staying on the east coast is much more important.

I just feel its logistically impossible to have a team in London and satisfy everyone with a schedule. And TV revenue is a big factor, theres no way to resolve that issue.

Prime time football here is the next day there, Prime Time football there is not even rush hour here.

Like I said. Show me evidence of the Dolphins losing 10,000 seats and I'll admit I'm wrong. Until then I'm very skeptical there would be any negative effect for the Dolphins changing division. Unless you count the Dolphins getting their ass consistently handed to them by the Pats a legit rivalry, there is nothin worth saving in the AFC East in the last twenty years. And I believe that London team will spend more time actually in London than you're anticipating. That's why I believe staying on the east coast is much more important.

Again I don't know how to find the info on how ticket sales are broken down.

Did you see the Fins game last night? the upper deck was empty, even when I went to our game in Miami, it was not close to being sold out, the upper deck was 1/4 empty.

• 1 month later...