ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Insurance Rates

cravnravn

shoot dang Penske isn't a good ol boy ,he wouldn't have a problem with the president all those nascar folks are extreme liberals

***********************************EYEROLL*************************************************

I haven't noticed my rates going up or down. I did notice my homeowners insurance essentially doubled, so I switched and saved about $300.

We were totally screwed in August, we were informed that "after further review, as a crow flies we were only 11 miles from the coast"

Even though it takes us 19 miles driving..So it put us in the Hurricane Zone. We went from 1200 to 2100

We were totally screwed in August, we were informed that "after further review, as a crow flies we were only 11 miles from the coast"

Even though it takes us 19 miles driving..So it put us in the Hurricane Zone. We went from 1200 to 2100

Yikes, that really sucks.

I actually work for a major healthcare company, doing analytics. It's by far, THE worst coverage I've ever had. The rates have gone up a little bit, but the thing I loathe the worst is that we don't have copayments. So once my HRA/HSA account is depleted, I pay about 50 - 80 bucks for a visit. Utter bullshit.

I actually work for a major healthcare company, doing analytics. It's by far, THE worst coverage I've ever had. The rates have gone up a little bit, but the thing I loathe the worst is that we don't have copayments. So once my HRA/HSA account is depleted, I pay about 50 - 80 bucks for a visit. Utter bullshit.

That is, with my new rates..My deductible went down to 250 and all co-pays are 20 bucks..Im with Aetna

Why don't you have copays?

No good reason, other than that's where the policies, the company members have, are going. All we have now are HSA, where we put money into an account and to use for expenses and the company will match up to $500 of it. That money will also count towards your deductible. My family deductible is $3700. I pay about $180 for health and drug, a paycheck.

My family owns a small business. Our healthcare renews in March, from what the broker said they're expecting a %30 increase over last year.

I worked for a real small company for years. Every single year from 2000 - 2012 my coverage cost went up. Sometimes a little, usually by a 3rd or more. Over the course of that time, a time when the economy was not good and many salaries were stagnant, the cost to cover my wife and I went from 6000 a year to 23,000 a year. Of that I paid half. Most years I looked for plans I could get myself. I could often find plans less than the full amount that I and my company paid, but they were all more than what my portion was - often by a lot.

Health care cost are one of the reasons I don't work for that company any more.

While hopeful I have no confidence that the new system will lower cost, but I have complete confidence that under the old system my costs would have gone up every year.

In every election I have been able to vote in health care costs have been an issue, I fear it will be an issue in every election for the rest of my life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmm. I just looked and I'm paying about $75 per paycheck for health insurance. I have a $20 copay.

Hmm. I just looked and I'm paying about $75 per paycheck for health insurance. I have a $20 copay.

Is that weekly? if it it is then I better shut my mouth :)

It's all a scam. With Verizon, I always go online and check their specials. I was paying $18 a month for HBO. I saw they had a special where it was $10 a month for a year. I canceled my HBO service, and then signed up the next day with the special.

Its all a scam, my Verizon bill is 190 a month, my Direct Tv is 125 for 7 months, 175 for 5 months for the NFL Ticket..Sad thing is, Ravens have played 7 games, 6 of those were on local TV down here, the only game I needed the ticket for was Buffalo..Electric bill is I think fairly cheap, 4 months at 280 average, 8 months 75 to 100 bucks and I do run the pool filter daily for 6 hours..

But the biggest scam of them all is life insurance, wait till you all hit 50..Why do the insurance companies care if I die from lung cancer? The bottom line is i have insurance, I could die tomorrow from a car accident, I could die this afternoon on the beach while swimming..

What do you mean you dont think you'll make it that long?

YEAH RIGHT??!!! WHAT KIND OF TALK IS THAT?

just because you had a bday recently ....

well, I remember thinking I wouldn't make it to 33 , then 50 ,then ahh um .