ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Is Joe Flacco Playing?

cravnravn

This might be time to lock/delete a thread and move on or get back on topic.

Geronimo, I still don't feel like we are all groupies just because we don't blame Flacco for ALL our problems. Has he had bad games. Yes. Has he thrown stupid passes. Yes. However, he can't block for himself. He can't get open and catch balls for himself (less of a problem than the O-Line but still a problem at times). And he can't take the handoff and run it himself on every down. Fix 2 out 3 of those problems and then we can start to blame Joe and only Joe.

You cant tell the bopsy twins that, they have an agenda, they dislike Joe Flacco and anyone that disagrees with them is a "Groupie" or Flacco "nuthugger"

• Downvote 1

earlier in the year when listing your what's wrong with the ravens or why are we losing posts none of you people would put any of the blame on Joe, i disagree with you people, i put most of the blame on Joe considering the turnover of players on the team. Joe was going to have to play close to how he played in the playoffs for us to be successful this year were my thoughts, at least until the defense caught up and learned to play together. But earlier in the season i was astonished that my fellow raven fans refuse to even acknowledge what was so obvious. Joe was playing very mediocre. Every little thing that Joe does that is positive you groupies magnify and every little thing that Joe does that is negative, it's someone else's fault. Your fandom does come from a genuine place and it's on this board for everyone to see. Joe is the QB, Joe is the big money guy, if we lose it's on Joe, plain and simple. If we win Joe gets the credit plain and simple. You people protect Joe like he's fragile when he's proven he's very durable.

• Upvote 1

Wow...This is the same conversation from the ESPN boards that Rasta and Geronimo use to prompt....Different audience but same convo.

Amazing.

Craven prompted the discussion with the racial slurs, or can you not comprehend the english language. Now that's amazing.

earlier in the year when listing your what's wrong with the ravens or why are we losing posts none of you people would put any of the blame on Joe, i disagree with you people, i put most of the blame on Joe considering the turnover of players on the team. Joe was going to have to play close to how he played in the playoffs for us to be successful this year were my thoughts, at least until the defense caught up and learned to play together. But earlier in the season i was astonished that my fellow raven fans refuse to even acknowledge what was so obvious. Joe was playing very mediocre. Every little thing that Joe does that is positive you groupies magnify and every little thing that Joe does that is negative, it's someone else's fault. Your fandom does come from a genuine place and it's on this board for everyone to see. Joe is the QB, Joe is the big money guy, if we lose it's on Joe, plain and simple. If we win Joe gets the credit plain and simple. You people protect Joe like he's fragile when he's proven he's very durable.

Just because people aren't as simple-minded as you, doesn't make them groupies. In my mind, the only position on the offense that has collectively performed up to playoff standards is actually the position people were most concerned with and that's WR. I give TE a pass because of Pitta's injury. The OL and RBs were supposed to be strengths of the team. The rushing game is dead last in the NFL. Teams are throwing only 6-men in the box against it and we still can't run the ball. That makes the offense one-dimensional. Newsflash...that's not good.

If you want to continue to just say it comes down to one guy...have at it, but that's where the "broken record" comes in. Football is a team game.

• Downvote 1

Just because people aren't as simple-minded as you, doesn't make them groupies. In my mind, the only position on the offense that has collectively performed up to playoff standards is actually the position people were most concerned with and that's WR. I give TE a pass because of Pitta's injury. The OL and RBs were supposed to be strengths of the team. The rushing game is dead last in the NFL. Teams are throwing only 6-men in the box against it and we still can't run the ball. That makes the offense one-dimensional. Newsflash...that's not good.

If you want to continue to just say it comes down to one guy...have at it, but that's where the "broken record" comes in. Football is a team game.

Why do you even continue to respond to my broken record , if in fact it's a broken record, you're a broken record right along with me, but you can't see that. All of the things you want to look at other than QB play , can be overcame if the QB plays great. So while you choose to not even acknowledge we have a QB , most of us knowledgeable football fans know that the most important and influential position on the field is the QB.

Why do you even continue to respond to my broken record , if in fact it's a broken record, you're a broken record right along with me, but you can't see that. All of the things you want to look at other than QB play , can be overcame if the QB plays great. So while you choose to not even acknowledge we have a QB , most of us knowledgeable football fans know that the most important and influential position on the field is the QB.

Well...I haven't responded to you in quite awhile, but you're right. Why does anyone waste their time? It's exactly what you are hoping for and the only reason why you are here. I guess that's why there are trolls on every message board. My bad GerastaMax. Won't happen again.

This might be time to lock/delete a thread and move on or get back on topic.

Geronimo, I still don't feel like we are all groupies just because we don't blame Flacco for ALL our problems. Has he had bad games. Yes. Has he thrown stupid passes. Yes. However, he can't block for himself. He can't get open and catch balls for himself (less of a problem than the O-Line but still a problem at times). And he can't take the handoff and run it himself on every down. Fix 2 out 3 of those problems and then we can start to blame Joe and only Joe.

Some people are groupie like.

Joe Flacco sets NFL wins mark in style
December, 9, 2013
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com
Quarterback Joe Flacco's game-winning touchdown pass to Marlon Brown on Sunday just didn't keep the Baltimore Ravens' playoff hopes alive. It made him the winningest quarterback over the first six seasons of an NFL career.

The Ravens' 29-26 win over the Minnesota Vikings was Flacco's 61st in the regular season. This moved him over Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who had 60 victories in his first six seasons (2004 to 2009).

While Flacco doesn't put up the passing numbers of a $100 million quarterback, he continues to excel in the category that most quarterbacks are judged by -- wins.

"Joe [Flacco] is our guy, and to me, that’s all you really need to say," coach John Harbaugh said after Sunday's game. "I love him, and I respect him, and I think he is a great player. I always have.”

Flacco set the wins mark in dramatic fashion. He did so by producing his 18th career game-winning drive in the fourth quarter or overtime.

After the Vikings took back the lead for the third time, Flacco drove the Ravens 80 yards in the final 45 seconds for the victory.

Was it difficult for Flacco not to get swept up in the see-saw of emotions?

"You get a little bit low, but it’s more just shock," said Flacco, who finished 28-of-50 for 245 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions. "Rather than low, you get pissed [thinking], ‘Are you kidding me? How did this happen?’ You take the field, and you see what you can do. Was it unlikely that we win this game today? Probably, but we did.”

Before the Ravens drafted Flacco in the first round of the 2008 draft, they went through 15 starting quarterbacks in the franchise's first 12 years of existence. No Ravens quarterback before Flacco won more than 20 games.

Flacco has been the Ravens' only starting quarterback for the past six seasons and improved his regular-season record to 61-32.

Have never been a part of this thread and hesitate to enter the stupidity that seems to surround it.

But a question to Geronimo/Rasta - please go look at other threads, especially the game threads. I see a lot of Joe criticism. I see a lot of "tired of Joe" criticism. I see a lot of people blaming the picks on him (as most should be). I see a lot of people blaming the sacks on him and slow decision making.

If you're not hearing/reading/seeing that - then sure, you'd think he gets all love and no hate. But you're ignoring a lot of the conversation. ESPN has even written articles in the past (and recently) about how Joe is the most loved/hated player in the city. Every time I go to a bar, half the people tell me Joe's a bum.

Meanwhile, on a different note, I have to 100% disagree with the thought that "a good quarterback can overcome" the obstacles of a bad defense, bad line, bad receivers, bad run game, etc. Two main thoughts here - I think Peyton and Brady have had to deal with poor run games and rotating receiving corps, but I don't think they have ever had a line as inconsistent as ours. I would also argue their run games were not bad, they were just unused because of the quality of the line and pass games. The Pats' run game is consistently low in the rankings, but not ineffective in game. The Ravens are presently dealing with a disastrously bad run game. Simultaneously, if you watch Brady, he makes some great throws after 5-6-7 seconds in the pocket. When Joe gets that time, we see great plays. But how often does he get that much time?

I guess I don't understand how we can blame Joe for Ray's 2.7 ypc. Or Dickson's dropped passes. Or Oher's penalties. Or McKinney's missed blocks. Should he be able to "overcome" that with other plays? Perhaps....

• Upvote 3

Hensley is a groupie, you should know that money!!

Can't wait to see the boopsie twins refute that article

"if we lose it's on Joe, plain and simple. If we win Joe gets the credit plain and simple" -Gerastamo

That's a whole lot of credit!

• Upvote 1