ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Is Joe Flacco Playing?

cravnravn

He means that if it takes the o-line being great, our wr's being great , our running game being great and our defense being great , why in the hell are we paying Joe Flacco all this money? Every team is going to have areas they are deficient in, and when you pay your Qb 62.5 over 3 years you expect him to make up for some of them areas because you're paying him money that could be spent elsewhere. Not in Baltimore though, you guys want Flacco to get his money and you also want this great team around him, well it just doesn't work like like. What is the most influential position when it comes to a teams success or lack there of? QUARTERBACK , but you want to blame everyone else for why we are 3-4.

We are 3-4 because of Harbs

We are 3-4 because of Harbs

Crav...you are so wrong on this.

They are 3-4 as a result of the whole front office, coaching staff and all the players on the roster.

They won the Super Bowl as a result of the whole front office, coaching staff and all the players on the roster.

Crav...you are so wrong on this.

They are 3-4 as a result of the whole front office, coaching staff and all the players on the roster.

They won the Super Bowl as a result of the whole front office, coaching staff and all the players on the roster.

You are insane, FO has nothing to do with the play on the field..

Harbs decisions cost us vs Pitt, Buffalo and Denver, if you see otherwise, then I dont know what you're watching

To Geronimo, AKA Rastaman. Just curious. If you were Ozzie, what would you do to "fix" this Joe Flacco problem? What would YOU do to make this team better?

There's nothing Ozzie can do at this point, the team is under contract , but what Joe can do to make this team better is play better, have better pocket awareness, read defenses better, audible into better plays, make the right reads , run a little , study more , thats what Joe can do. because his play has the biggest impact on our wins and losses( I know i'm the only one that feels like this).You groupies give Joe all the credit for us winning a superbowl and now that we are 3-4 Joe has nothing to do with that . You have the 3rd highest contract in the league and you're a QB and your team is 3-4, it's on you to get us out of this hole. Now Tornado you answer my question, what would you do?

He would start Tyrod Taylor of course and let Joe walk

I would never start Taylor over Joe, unless Joe was hurt. Crave don't turn this into something it's not. Not one time have i mentioned Tyrod. This is all about Flacco

BTW Tornado, if you think myself and Rastaman are the same person then i guess Rastaman is right, you rreally are Tarddnado

You're not fooling anyone. We all know you are of the same. You use the exact same verbage, ie; Tarrnado, etc.. But to answer your question as to what I would do. Nothing really except stay the course, try to get better, put the pieces back together, and look forward to a good draft and whatever it takes to make this team better. I think our Oline is a liability-fix it. Get a top receiver through dfaft or F.A. next year. Joe's problem this year is a weak Oline, not enough targets for Joe, Pitta's injury. Not excuses, just facts. One other thing: when are you going to grow up and stop the disparaging name calling? i just don't see others here doing that.

You're not fooling anyone. We all know you are of the same. You use the exact same verbage, ie; Tarrnado, etc.. But to answer your question as to what I would do. Nothing really except stay the course, try to get better, put the pieces back together, and look forward to a good draft and whatever it takes to make this team better. I think our Oline is a liability-fix it. Get a top receiver through dfaft or F.A. next year. Joe's problem this year is a weak Oline, not enough targets for Joe, Pitta's injury. Not excuses, just facts. One other thing: when are you going to grow up and stop the disparaging name calling? i just don't see others here doing that.

Yeah, I agree; let's leave the name calling off this board...we're better than that.

There are a lot of things here and I am sure I am wasting my time by commenting but I have nothing but time today. I have never been a Joe Flacco fan as most here can attest to but I never hated him either. Simply put I thought he was OK but not good enough to win it all. I was wrong. I still do not think he is one of the best but I am satisfied with his performance so far. Hes done decent to good with what he has to work with and the time he has been given.

About his contract, the hit is not that big this year so blaming his contract just doesnt make sense. Also, and I know some of you will not be able to comprehend this, just because he is one of the highest paid players in the league does not necessarlily mean he is one of the best players in the league. The timing of his contract expiration, the recent sucess, and his age all hit a perfect scenario for him to get the contract. Again, I am not a huge Flacco fan but he got what he deserved relative to the marketplace. Look at Sam Bradfords contract. Schuab. Unless you want the Ravens to play by a different set of rules than the other teams in the NFL than the numbers line up to about where they should be.

I do not know whether I think Joe will end up having a decent, good, or bad NFL career but I do believe in rewarding players for what they have done and accomplised (thats part of why the Boldin move annoys me) and he got the contract he deserved.

And with all the variables involved in contract negotiation (age, cap space, etc) I think a player should be judged on how he is playing, not how he is playing relative to his contract.

• Upvote 1

LOL, if you're going to lie on me than me calling you a name makes it even.

BTW Tornado, if you think myself and Rastaman are the same person then i guess Rastaman is right, you rreally are Tarddnado

LOL!!!! Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! WINAH!!!! This one made me spit my beer out!! I guess when you earn a name, you're stuck with it forever!!!! Give it up Torn, you walked right into that one. LMAO!!!

Hey Crav, you've always been Joe Flacco's biggest backer. Are you now able to admit that Joe Flacco is not an Elite NFL QB?

For what it's worth, he has as many sb trophy a as Payton manning and Aaron Rodgers , so if that's your criteria for being elite, then I guess he is

I don't think he is playing well. I think the line is the biggest problem and the running game the second but even factoring that in I don't think Joe is playing good. Not terrible, but not good.

Two bad weeks in a row too.