ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Is Joe Flacco Playing?

cravnravn

1) Actually, Flacco has done quite well with the talent he has---that's the only fair way to rate him.

2) So far he is living up to his contract since his cap number is only $7 million this year. Hell, that's a bargain.

3)He is in no way part of the problem. The O-line has been pretty bad and is dealing with injuries to 2 players. We have a new LT and C. It's a bigger problem than anything else. Also, the receiver quality, as a group (and excluding T. Smith), is mediocre at best. It may improve quickly now that Jones is back.

And no one here is evading the truth. You seem to believe it's stupid on the part of people who disagree with your opinion. Everybody here's got their own opinion. Really the only ones that count are Harbs and Oz and we know where they stand.

Evasion and tap dancing.

how are you going to start a topic then when i respond you go and say something like this? If you wanted everyone to come on here and rave about how Joe is playing then you should have qualified that in the Topic heading so that i would know that it's only for Joe Flacco Groupies and not people with unbiased opinions.

You do realize Joe hasnt played half a year yet?

You do realize hes on pace for over 4000 yards?

You do realize Joe hasnt played half a year yet?

You do realize hes on pace for over 4000 yards?

we are 3-4, i say he's playing below average, he has a 3 year 62.5 million dollar contract and i expect more from an offense that has a QB being paid that much money. with the exception of the denver game, the very first game 7 of the 11 guys who started ever played together, the defense has played pretty damn good. in our 3 other losses the defense surrendered 23, 19, and 19 points, thats an average of 20 points and Joe couldn't get the job done.

I could sit here and make an excuse for every loss. week 1--Harbs coaching Buffalo Harbs coaching, Green Bay, Harbs coaching decisions, Pitt Castillo and his stupid blocking schemes and harbs Coaching decisions as to not go for the two point conversion..

Joe is doing just fine losing 2/3rds of his WR's his TE, his all-pro RB, who by the way is still injured. His all pro center, musical chairs at LT

we are 3-4, i say he's playing below average, he has a 3 year 62.5 million dollar contract and i expect more from an offense that has a QB being paid that much money. with the exception of the denver game, the very first game 7 of the 11 guys who started ever played together, the defense has played pretty damn good. in our 3 other losses the defense surrendered 23, 19, and 19 points, thats an average of 20 points and Joe couldn't get the job done.

The defense could only stop Pittsburgh from scoring twice and you think they played "pretty damn good"?

The defense allowed a horrendous offensive line to physically dominate them and average almost 5 yards a carry. Our own line and RBs could only muster just over 3 yards a carry (which was actually improvement over the rest of the season).

You truly do not have an understanding of football of you think the defense played well against the Steelers.

I could sit here and make an excuse for every loss. week 1--Harbs coaching Buffalo Harbs coaching, Green Bay, Harbs coaching decisions, Pitt Castillo and his stupid blocking schemes and harbs Coaching decisions as to not go for the two point conversion..

Joe is doing just fine losing 2/3rds of his WR's his TE, his all-pro RB, who by the way is still injured. His all pro center, musical chairs at LT

i understand quite well, in 3 of our losses we gave up an average of 20 points and the 3 year 62.5 million dollar man couldn't muster up enough offense to win any of those games. It's simple, you groupies want to make it more complicated than what it really is because you have to to defend your man.

i understand quite well, in 3 of our losses we gave up an average of 20 points and the 3 year 62.5 million dollar man couldn't muster up enough offense to win any of those games. It's simple, you groupies want to make it more complicated than what it really is because you have to to defend your man.

We arent defending an individual, We are defending OUR TEAM.

Regardless as to what this thread title is, the only reason it is titled this is because you pundits throw the loss on the QB and the win on the team.

What do you mean by that?

He means that if it takes the o-line being great, our wr's being great , our running game being great and our defense being great , why in the hell are we paying Joe Flacco all this money? Every team is going to have areas they are deficient in, and when you pay your Qb 62.5 over 3 years you expect him to make up for some of them areas because you're paying him money that could be spent elsewhere. Not in Baltimore though, you guys want Flacco to get his money and you also want this great team around him, well it just doesn't work like that. What is the most influential position when it comes to a teams success or lack there of? QUARTERBACK , but you want to blame everyone else for why we are 3-4.