ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Do we make the playoffs and How ?

Oldschool739

Nice article.

http://russellstreetreport.com/will-the-postseason-dance-include-the-ravens/

The bye-week could not have come at a better time for the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens. Extra rest and game-planning was needed, and you have to believe that the team soaked in every minute of their break.

While the Purple and Black took their weekend to rest up, they watched a favorable weekend unfold. Several key AFC contenders fell, certainly to the delight of those surrounding the Ravens. The Bengals may have won, but if you want the Ravens to continue to improve their chances at making the playoffs, you should be rejoicing Cincinnati’s domination.

Good article... I agree that the time off could not have come at a better time its essential for our O-line and to straighten a few things out.

I am not so sure that this team can't win the division though. Take out the Denver game and the Ravens have lost 3 games by a combined "8" points. Two of those losses arguably falling into the coaches lap imo.

Cincy plays us twice we have a good shot. As of today we are 2.5 games out and the season is just half over. I say stay tuned and don't count this team out just yet.

;-)

Good article... I agree that the time off could not have come at a better time its essential for our O-line and to straighten a few things out.

I am not so sure that this team can't win the division though. Take out the Denver game and the Ravens have lost 3 games by a combined "8" points. Two of those losses arguably falling into the coaches lap imo.

Cincy plays us twice we have a good shot. As of today we are 2.5 games out and the season is just half over. I say stay tuned and don't count this team out just yet.

;-)

Totally agree, this bye may get Ose and Yanda back to form and Monroe a little more time in the playbook and up his game.

We are still in it, and as we saw last yr, anything can happen when you get on a run....

Good to see some real fans that aren't ready to quit and throw in the towel at the first sign of opposition, but rather are inspired to fight harder......Kudos men !!

Harbs seems a little worried at times but Joe and the gang look unshaken to me, that bodes well for the second half of the season.

When other teams are dealing with fresh injuries and we are getting pretty healthy, even Pitta may be back this Sunday for the Browns game.....Can't wait !!

The way that I see it, to make the playoff,s the Ravens would have to win the rest of their Divisional games and not lose to an AFC opponent.

Tall order.

I know it is but the way I see it, the Pats and Bengals are the only if's in the remaining schedule...

We have the Pats here with HF advantage and Pitta back, and the Bengals are the Bengals...One of those games are here also, and I do believe we have the edge in that one also...

If we split Cincy and lose to the Pats but win the rest, that's 10-6 and at least a WC spot.

We should win the next 7 or 8 in a row....I got us over the Lions because Matt should be injured by then, he does every yr...

Come on Max, drink a little of the purple kool aid with us....lol

Don't assume Pitta. Looking at the situation realistically is fine. Drinking thne kool aid does nothing to get the job done.

It's been reported that he is way ahead of schedule and already back at practice....Word is, he could be ready for the Browns game.

I don't suspect he will see a lot of action in that one if that's the case, but if he can in the Cincy game, they will play him.

We can beat the Browns without him, we need him for some of the other games though....

The Ravens are 3-4 and despite of that are only 1 game out of the last wildcard spot. They are competing against the likes of the Chargers, Dolphins, Titans, Raiders and Jets.

I like their chances.

Chargers are the only real competition in my opinion. They are playing decent ball. Good thing they have to face Denver and KC twice because their NFC competition is cupcake quality (NFC East)

It's been reported that he is way ahead of schedule and already back at practice....Word is, he could be ready for the Browns game.

I don't suspect he will see a lot of action in that one if that's the case, but if he can in the Cincy game, they will play him.

We can beat the Browns without him, we need him for some of the other games though....

He is catching balls on the jugs machine. That isn't practice. Last I heard he wasn't running or jogging.

San Diego does not have an easy road left...In fact I would say they play one of the hardest left in the NFL. They play 6 winning teams that if the season ended today would be in the playoffs and 2 that are at the top of their divisions and one that is not they play twice in Denver. Not easy.

Remaining Schedule: @Washington,Denver,@Miami,@KC,Cincy,NYG,@Denver,Oak,KC

I see them losing @Washington,@Denver,@KC,@home versus Denver,@Miami,@ home versus Cincy.

I see them losing 6 of their last 8 and not making the playoffs.

:thumbup:

I would really hate to see the playoff run end. It speaks highly of this organization, that is one of the best in the NFL and all sports. And it all gets over looked cause we don't have a Tom Brady or a Manning. You think since we never had one it would speak even louder.

It is still up in the air.

At this time it looks as if there is only one playoff spot left and the Ravens are in the hunt for one. There still a lot of games to be played and a lot can happen until then

Its hard for me to guess how they will do but judging from the way they played the last four weeks I think its going to be difficult. I figure if they can go 7-2 they are in. If they can go 6-3 maybe they are in. I dont see that happening at this point.

If they can win the next 3 I will start hoping again.