ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Interesting Stat

varaven45

For what its worth, Ravens are 6th in the league in overall defense.

:yeah:

Net Total Yards Leaders
RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G 1 Houston 2188 273.5 1264 158.0 924 115.5 221 27.6 2 Carolina 2399 299.9 1766 220.8 633 79.1 106 13.3 3 San Francisco 2601 325.1 1764 220.5 837 104.6 145 18.1 4 Seattle 2664 296.0 1618 179.8 1046 116.2 149 16.6 5 New Orleans 2665 333.1 1695 211.9 970 121.3 146 18.3 6 Baltimore 2716 339.5 1913 239.1 803 100.4 172 21.5 7 Tennessee 2722 340.3 1742 217.8 980 122.5 167 20.9 8 Pittsburgh 2730 341.3 1680 210.0 1050 131.3 208 26.0 9 Arizona 2740 342.5 2034 254.3 706 88.3 174 21.8 10 NY Giants 2754 344.3 1936 242.0 818 102.3 223 27.9 11 Green Bay 2760 345.0 2004 250.5 756 94.5 185 23.1 12 Tampa Bay 2784 348.0 1924 240.5 860 107.5 190 23.8 13 Cleveland 2841 315.7 1957 217.4 884 98.2 197 21.9 14 Oakland 2858 357.3 2101 262.6 757 94.6 199 24.9 15 Atlanta 2919 364.9 1989 248.6 930 116.3 218 27.3 16 Cincinnati 2925 325.0 1990 221.1 935 103.9 166 18.4 17 NY Jets 2927 325.2 2263 251.4 664 73.8 231 25.7 18 Indianapolis 2938 367.3 1939 242.4 999 124.9 155 19.4 19 Kansas City 2942 326.9 1875 208.3 1067 118.6 111 12.3 20 Miami 2950 368.8 2018 252.3 932 116.5 187 23.4 21 Denver 3045 380.6 2393 299.1 652 81.5 218 27.3 22 Detroit 3048 381.0 2180 272.5 868 108.5 197 24.6 23 Chicago 3049 381.1 2029 253.6 1020 127.5 226 28.3 24 St. Louis 3112 345.8 1985 220.6 1127 125.2 226 25.1 25 Jacksonville 3138 392.3 1844 230.5 1294 161.8 264 33.0 26 San Diego 3150 393.8 2203 275.4 947 118.4 174 21.8 27 Minnesota 3161 395.1 2329 291.1 832 104.0 252 31.5 28 Washington 3190 398.8 2257 282.1 933 116.6 253 31.6 29 New England 3249 361.0 2095 232.8 1154 128.2 175 19.4 30 Buffalo 3259 362.1 2222 246.9 1037 115.2 236 26.2 31 Dallas 3773 419.2 2747 305.2 1026 114.0 209 23.2 32 Philadelphia 3774 419.3 2768 307.6 1006 111.8 231 25.7
Glossary
  • YDS: Net total yards
  • YDS/G: Net yards per game
  • PASS: Net passing yards
  • P YDS/G: Net passing yards per game
  • RUSH: Rushing yards
  • R YDS/G: Rushing yards per game
  • PTS: Total points
  • PTS/G: Points per game

Statistics Glossary »

Data provided by Elias Sports Bureau

They may be 6th in overall defense but they have folded like a cheap suit when it has come to crunch time in every loss this season except for the Broncos game when they didn't come out after the half.

Sure, they have done well for most of the game but when we have really needed them to get a stop they couldn't do it.

The past three games we've needed stops to give the offense the ball back so they could try and win the game. It's not as if , if we get the stops we win because we've been trailing almost every minute of the last 3 games. My point: Flacco needs to put up more points, we have the 6th ranked defense and a 120.6 dollar qb , that sounds like a recipe for a winning record, except if your qb is not worth what he's getting paid.

Or your O-Line sucks balls ^

No one is doing their job, we have a 9 mil dollar RB who stinks, a 8 mil dollar RG, a 10 mil dollar CB who is lit up week after week, a 12 mil dollar Ngata that cant stop the run...We have one multi millionaire that is doing his job

Edited by cravnravn

you forgot a 3 year 62.5 million qb, the QB is the influent position in football in regards to wins and losses, thats why they make the most money, thats why they carry a win-loss record around. if Joe was actually playing up to what he's making we would have a better record. it's not like Joe has had to put up 35 points to win these games ,the defense, as much as you want to highlight what guys on that side of the ball are not doing , is keeping us in these games. Craven, you are one of the main people that said Joe carried us to the Super Bowl victory and refused to give anyone any credit for us winning except Joe, we are 3-5 , now you're saying it's everyones fault but Joe, sounds like a groupie to me.

Or your O-Line sucks balls ^

No one is doing their job, we have a 9 mil dollar RB who stinks, a 8 mil dollar RG, a 10 mil dollar CB who is lit up week after week, a 12 mil dollar Ngata that cant stop the run...We have one multi millionaire that is doing his job

O-Line...O-Line...O-Line

If it was performing just at an adequate level, the Ravens would be 5-3 right now (and very possibly 6-2). Instead...it's performing at a historically bad level and here we are. I'm not sure why anyone would talk about anything else when what was supposed to be a strength has turned out to be such an embarrassment.

I miss the old days of JO and Zeus. Not this undersized, patchwork, read-and-react, getting knocked off the ball, false starting, illegal hands to the face, cant get a lousy yard on the goal line, pos Oline

"Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

For some reason I heard this being said like Chevy Chase, when he loses it in Christmas Vacation...tis the season...almost...

• Upvote 1

Yeah that was basically what I was going for. Its my favorite Xmas movie. I'll probably change my avatar to it around Thanksgiving. I also would have taken Ralphie from A Christmas Story...beating up the bully yelling random profanities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvijyBIgazE

Edited by deeshopper
Fixed videos embedding by using the [media] [/media] tags

you forgot a 3 year 62.5 million qb, the QB is the influent position in football in regards to wins and losses, thats why they make the most money, thats why they carry a win-loss record around. if Joe was actually playing up to what he's making we would have a better record. it's not like Joe has had to put up 35 points to win these games ,the defense, as much as you want to highlight what guys on that side of the ball are not doing , is keeping us in these games. Craven, you are one of the main people that said Joe carried us to the Super Bowl victory and refused to give anyone any credit for us winning except Joe, we are 3-5 , now you're saying it's everyones fault but Joe, sounds like a groupie to me.

I didn't forget joe. Max. I only jumped on the joe wagon when you and your buddy rasta claimed joe was not worthy of the MVP award,

You. Have very selective memory my man

I remember very well Craven, you discredited any contribution any player made on the team except Flacco. You thought Flacco was Superbowl MVP, thats cool, but to defend your position you tore down everyone else. It's not just you Craven, it's 95% of ravens fans, when we're successful it's because of Joe, when we suck, it's everyone but Flacco. I've come to realize you guys love affair with Joe is just like someone who is madly in love with someone and all the signs are there that he/she is being unfaithful and you choose not to acknowledge it. Very Sad.

I remember very well Craven, you discredited any contribution any player made on the team except Flacco. You thought Flacco was Superbowl MVP, thats cool, but to defend your position you tore down everyone else. It's not just you Craven, it's 95% of ravens fans, when we're successful it's because of Joe, when we suck, it's everyone but Flacco. I've come to realize you guys love affair with Joe is just like someone who is madly in love with someone and all the signs are there that he/she is being unfaithful and you choose not to acknowledge it. Very Sad.

It's interesting you choose this analogy, because by your obsession, I can only surmise that Joe must have screwed your girlfriend/wife repeatedly and made you watch.

• Upvote 1

If I was stupid, I would love to see the Ravens cut Flacco just so they could prove a point to Geronimo. But I'm not stupid and understand that all the great ones either had a great line or great weapons. Joe has neither at the moment.

I have never said i wanted Flacco cut, i want him to play like the money he's getting paid. I watch NFL games other than the Ravens and from what i've seen Joe is in the middle of the pack. Other Qb's lines are bad , and i see them make up for it by getting the ball out quickly, i see them audibling into better plays because they understand what they see, i see them escaping pressure because of pocket awareness, Joe rarely does any of these things. I see QB's who are still on there rookie contract doing this so i know they make significantly less than Flacco. They make there weapons better by throwing them open, moving around buying time so they can get open. Joe has weapons, i think our wr corps is better than what Joe Flacco groupies are giving them credit for. i understand why they don't give them credit, if you admit Joe has weapons then how do you defend Joe. Oh it's the O-line, I remember 2 years running Rodgers being at the top of the most sacked list, yet the offense was also at the top of the points scored list and they made the playoffs. It excuse after excuse after excuse , Joe makes the Money, Joe is the QB , the defense is playing well enough, Joe is the reason we are 3-5

I have never said i wanted Flacco cut, i want him to play like the money he's getting paid. I watch NFL games other than the Ravens and from what i've seen Joe is in the middle of the pack. Other Qb's lines are bad , and i see them make up for it by getting the ball out quickly, i see them audibling into better plays because they understand what they see, i see them escaping pressure because of pocket awareness, Joe rarely does any of these things. I see QB's who are still on there rookie contract doing this so i know they make significantly less than Flacco. They make there weapons better by throwing them open, moving around buying time so they can get open. Joe has weapons, i think our wr corps is better than what Joe Flacco groupies are giving them credit for. i understand why they don't give them credit, if you admit Joe has weapons then how do you defend Joe. Oh it's the O-line, I remember 2 years running Rodgers being at the top of the most sacked list, yet the offense was also at the top of the points scored list and they made the playoffs. It excuse after excuse after excuse , Joe makes the Money, Joe is the QB , the defense is playing well enough, Joe is the reason we are 3-5

When do you think people will catch on to your little game?

Football is a team game. I don't think there's more than half-a-dozen guys who are playing up to their level. Including Flacco. Including a LOT of others.

As a side note, I had a conversation with Sock_Dolager (hope you guys remember him; may he r.i.p.) once in which we were discussing the demise of the Colts in the late seventies after Bert Jones got hurt and was out for 2 years.By the time Bert got back (and we considered him 'elite') in 1980, the talent level around him had drastically fallen off thanks to Bob Irsay and the team wasn't the same even though he was still a damned fine quarterback. That was the beginning of the end of the Colts.

Pocket awareness??? What pocket? Do you think Luck, Wilson, Kapp would be where they are at today behind this O-Line??

And FYI Joe was our leading rusher last week,

As I stated before, you and pal Rasta have very selective memories..I dint have an issue if Boldin or Jones won the MVP either. But you cant ignore 11 td's and 0 picks during the playoff run, hence my support of Joe Flacco.

Joe has been moving around whatever pocket has been there as well as I have seen him do it in his entire career. Against the Browns he got out of the pocket a lot but had to scramble for yards as he couldn't find anyone open.

I do like our WR core but a lot of them are young and still need to learn the game. Teams have been taking away Torrey and while others are stepping up there is still room for improvement. Also the safety valves that Joe has had in the past to check down to while under pressure are no longer here (Boldin) are injured (Pitta) or just aren't playing well (Rice).

You just validated my point further by highlighting Aaron Rodgers as a shining example of what a QB can do with a shit line. Well guess what, he had elite receivers in Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley at TE, Randall Cobb in the slot and until this season Gregg Jennings. Donald Driver was also a really nice veteran option for him up until a couple of years ago. Last season Joe probably had a receiving core not to far off that but this year with the drop off in the O-Line and receiving core he just can't get it done. All QBs need some help somewhere.

Oh yeah, Rodgers has lost a couple of targets this year but his line has also got better. He is currently 10th in Yards, 7th in TDs but way down in 17th among the most sacked players. Correlation is there between an improved O-Line and his statistics despite a drop off in his receivers. So again my point is all elite QBs have either had elite receivers or elite O-Lines or a relative combination of the 2. Very few of them in the history of the NFL have done it by themselves.

The past three games we've needed stops to give the offense the ball back so they could try and win the game. It's not as if , if we get the stops we win because we've been trailing almost every minute of the last 3 games. My point: Flacco needs to put up more points, we have the 6th ranked defense and a 120.6 dollar qb , that sounds like a recipe for a winning record, except if your qb is not worth what he's getting paid.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!! WINNAH!!! WINNAH!!!! Joe Flacco could do a helluva lot more to help out the offensive line by varying the snap count, correctly reading opposing defenses and mastering the short and intermediate passing game like most NFL QB's are required to do. Had Joe mastered these fundamentals, we'd see more scoring and thus less griping about the defence, the Oline, the running backs, and " separation ' by receivers. As it looks right now, we have a 120 million dollar one trick pony who is decent in the shotgun but in over his head directly under Center.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!! WINNAH!!! WINNAH!!!! Joe Flacco could do a helluva lot more to help out the offensive line by varying the snap count, correctly reading opposing defenses and mastering the short and intermediate passing game like most NFL QB's are required to do. Had Joe mastered these fundamentals, we'd see more scoring and thus less griping about the defence, the Oline, the running backs, and " separation ' by receivers. As it looks right now, we have a 120 million dollar one trick pony who is decent in the shotgun but in over his head directly under Center.

Defenses dont have to be read, whats so hard about snap the ball and because of our lack of o-line, rush the QB