ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big Ben likely to ask for trade by Pittsburgh Steelers

cravnravn

It's nearly impossible to imagine Ben Roethlisberger in anything other than black and gold, but he might not be a Pittsburgh Steeler forever.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Big Ben is "incredibly frustrated" with the direction of the franchise, according to Steelers sources. It's not just coordinator Todd Haley, but the entire offensive coaching staff that has the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback discouraged.

0ap2000000266543.jpg

Team sources expect Roethlisberger to ask the Steelers toexplore a possible trade in the offseason, Rapoport was told. Pittsburgh fielded trade offers for Big Ben last offseason and the team expects to answer the phone again in 2014.

Still, the Steelers have no intentions of trading Big Ben, per Rapoport, unless they can replace him with another franchise passer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278796/article/big-ben-likely-to-ask-for-trade-by-pittsburgh-steelers

If there is any truth to this hitch there isn't I didn't realize this until it what said but bens agent denied it before he even talked to ben but anyways it would be a power play to make sure Haley is gone next year.

If Haley is gone, that means a new OC will be in, and whos to say that the same troubles wont exist?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/roethlisberger-doesnt-want-to-hear-about-rebuilding/

Roethlisberger doesn’t want to hear about rebuilding

It would take a minor miracle for the Steelers to salvage anything of this season, since Sunday’s win got them to 3-6.

But quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t want to hear about rebuilding, after spending the weekend squelching rumors that he wanted a trade.

“I look at it as every year, every game that I play, we’re going to be the best we can be. I hate it when people say you’re rebuilding because to me that’s a slap in the face to the people that are out there playing,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday on his weekly show on 93.7 The Fan, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “You sit there and say, ‘They’re young, they’re rebuilding, but what about the guys that are out there playing?’

“You think they’re sitting there telling themselves, ‘Oh, it’s OK [to lose], it’s a rebuilding year.’ No, they’re out there trying to bust their butt, and that includes me.”

He also insisted he wouldn’t “jump ship and quit” even if they continue down the current path.

“No one wants to win more than I do. It pains me to lose football games, it pains me to lose at anything,” Roethlisberger said. “That’s just who I am. So that’s why I’m going to do everything I can to turn it around and win football games. . . .

“Just because the season started bad doesn’t mean I’m going to quit on the season.”

That’s good news for the Steelers, but their few wins don’t appear to be because of a lack of effort. They look more like the result of a lack of talent, which is kind of the definition of a team that’s in need of rebuilding.

Well just because it hurts your sensibilities doesn't make it any less true. Maybe when he sees next yr that the rebuilding continues he will be a little louder about that trade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/roethlisberger-doesnt-want-to-hear-about-rebuilding/

Well just because it hurts your sensibilities doesn't make it any less true. Maybe when he sees next yr that the rebuilding continues he will be a little louder about that trade.

I don't see anything that says he wants traded. There are a ton of clips with him absolutely denying it.