ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Defense Wins Championships

vmax

Manning is going to be in for a long day.

It's the #1 offense against the #1 defense and the answer will be clear as to which you'd rather have. We saw in 2000 what happens.

The Seattle D will pressure him and his receivers will have to fight like hell to get open between bone crushing tackles.

I'm in total agreement with Preston....it's a good article....

In a game that pits the NFL's top offense against the league's best defense, the Seattle Seahawks will end what might be Manning's final ride to greatness before going into the Hall of Fame.
A good defense will beat a good offense any time, and the Seahawks have the fastest defense since the record-setting Ravens in 2000. Combined with a strong running game led by halfback Marshawn Lynch, Seattle is a throwback to an era when teams won with both.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0121-20140120,0,1896959.column#ixzz2qzV6gnAt

Mike goes on to describe that only Kaperpicks legs kept them in the game. They couldn't run. Outside of Colon, they had 31 yards on 17 carries.

All Wilson and his offense has to do is avoid the costly turnover and they will hoist the Lombardi.

Max,

Agree with the caption except:

I wouldn't put Seattle's D in same category as our record setting D in 2000- not even on same planet.

Seattle is a much different team on the road. As a team, they are very ordinary on the road and the offense has been suspect as of late (sans yesterday ).

Denver and Peyton have a plethora of weapons - especially WRs. They, like us last year , seem like this years team of destiny .

I like Denver in a very tight game.

Seattle will need the weather to cooporate, even then, I don't know that defense will be able to stop Manning, and his beavy of receivers.

Yes, Baltimore, number 2 total defense back then (because of one game, the Jets) destroyed the number 1,2 & 3 offenses in the league on their way to the Super Bowl, but Seattle has not faced a receiving core like the Broncos have; they've been beaten, as home even, by far lesser offenses.

Add Manning's ability to get the offense is favorable matchups and wow,this should be fun.

Now, cold rain, big wind, will slow Manning, but enough?

Both Thomas's, Decker, (all over 6-2) and Welker... add to that, their running game is pretty darn good too...

Oh and then there is their defense, playing markedly better against a pretty one dimensional Seattle offense. Sure, Wilson moves around very well, but, aside from some "flukey" passes, he has not been very good this year, later parts of this year let us not forget.

I don't know how this game will turn out, Auburn had a good run of "lucky plays" and lost to a better team. Denver is clearly the better team, the wild card is going to be Harvin, will he make game changing plays on offense & special teams?

My allegiance to the Ravens will not allow me to root for or look at this game in the favor of the Denver Bronocs. i'm definitely pulling for the Seahawks and what the above Peyton Manning dick rider failed to point out is the seahawks pass rush combined with there secondary will be enough to control Manning. Manning can't run, and when the Seahawks pass rush is all up in face and that physical secondary is doing what they do, Denver is going to go down. HERE COMES THE BOOM!

Cold and Windy + Manning is due his annual shit the bed in the playoffs performance = Seahawks Win. Go Hawks! Fight on Coach Carroll!

Keep in mind, Wilson does not have a strong arm, while he can make all the throws, they tend to float. If the wind is a factor there, this will be inteesting. I think the Settle D and Bronco O cancel each other out. So the question is, what can the SeaHawk O do against the Denver D.. Specials teams too, both teams have electric returners.

Frankly I hope Denver wins, not a big fan of Pete Carrol and I would like to see Manning win one more before he retires.