ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wow Incognito got screwed

thesteelhurtin

Yeah, it was pretty evident from the start to anyone who understands the locker room, or even how close friends joke around. His, Martin's, little trip to the ER was a ploy by his parents, lawyer/agent for a lawsuit and to bolster his case.

However, since the release of ALL the texts between the two, Martin is looking more & more like the liar, the baby. He can blame his agent all he wants, but he, himself, has stated that Incognito was being abusive bullying him.

So, I wonder if the race baiters will now back track and apologize to Richie, I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was pretty evident from the start to anyone who understands the locker room, or even how close friends joke around. His, Martin's, little trip to the ER was a ploy by his parents, lawyer/agent for a lawsuit and to bolster his case.

However, since the release of ALL the texts between the two, Martin is looking more & more like the liar, the baby. He can blame his agent all he wants, but he, himself, has stated that Incognito was being abusive bullying him.

So, I wonder if the race baiters will now back track and apologize to Richie, I doubt it.

so the independent investigator has found your boy guilty, yet you haven't come on here as quick as you did when the texts were leaked, why not?

Incognito is a bad dude, and he is the ring leader, but the abuse should have never gotten that far. Incognito should have never been a leader on the team. Incognito should have been put in his place by the organization or some real leaders in that locker room. Having said that, i wouldn't mind having Incognito in a ravens uniform or Martin for that matter. But my beef with this Tsly guy is him trying to make it racial. When in fact, he's the one making it racial. and why were you so quick to jump on the save Incognito wagon when the texts came out and now that more information has come out finding Incognito guilty, you haven't said a word on the matter. Your stance on the matter is not genuine, and it's coming from a place of hate and you can feel it in your above post.

And Pouncey, who was in on it all, was also the first to back Incognito when it all came out. Surprised?

The texts really prove nothing either way. Workplace harassment is workplace harassment - even in the NFL. And, just like anyone else in any other workplace, of course you are going to try and "tough it out" or joke it off in an attempt to get people to ease up. It doesn't make the other actions any less harassing or abusive.

I'm really tired of the "deal with it" attitude - especially because "this is the NFL." Shouldn't it be exactly the opposite? "This is the NFL" - you are a well-paid professional, you are in the highest, most elite level of professionalism in your field, you should act like it. Maybe in college they are college antics. And in high school or rec league what can a coach really do when you aren't getting paid? But this is a job.

This could be a much longer rant - but I'll leave it at this. All of these guys - NFL, MLB, NHL - are grown-ups who we idolize for playing a game. And they eat it up. And we feed more to them. No one ever really holds them accountable for realizing that they are playing a game. Instead we feed this immaturity. We train them that everything in life is just like it is on a football field or a baseball field. Why are we surprised when they act like oversized children? That's what we trained them to be. Maybe we should train them in another way. (Of course this doesn't apply to ALL players, but a good number - I mean these are guys who are paid to play a game for crying out loud and we treat them like demi-gods for it.)

• Upvote 1

And Pouncey, who was in on it all, was also the first to back Incognito when it all came out. Surprised?

The texts really prove nothing either way. Workplace harassment is workplace harassment - even in the NFL. And, just like anyone else in any other workplace, of course you are going to try and "tough it out" or joke it off in an attempt to get people to ease up. It doesn't make the other actions any less harassing or abusive.

I'm really tired of the "deal with it" attitude - especially because "this is the NFL." Shouldn't it be exactly the opposite? "This is the NFL" - you are a well-paid professional, you are in the highest, most elite level of professionalism in your field, you should act like it. Maybe in college they are college antics. And in high school or rec league what can a coach really do when you aren't getting paid? But this is a job.

This could be a much longer rant - but I'll leave it at this. All of these guys - NFL, MLB, NHL - are grown-ups who we idolize for playing a game. And they eat it up. And we feed more to them. No one ever really holds them accountable for realizing that they are playing a game. Instead we feed this immaturity. We train them that everything in life is just like it is on a football field or a baseball field. Why are we surprised when they act like oversized children? That's what we trained them to be. Maybe we should train them in another way. (Of course this doesn't apply to ALL players, but a good number - I mean these are guys who are paid to play a game for crying out loud and we treat them like demi-gods for it.)

my point is if Martin had such a problem with it then why continually hang out and talk with him? There are texts all the way up until incognito got suspended and Martin even said it was his agent not him. Did incognito go overboard yeah he did but at the same time this is a locker roomwe are talking about. Do you know hhow much smack we talked to our teammates. Nothing was off limits we would talk all the time about each other sisters, mothers, he'll even some times brothers.

my point is if Martin had such a problem with it then why continually hang out and talk with him? There are texts all the way up until incognito got suspended and Martin even said it was his agent not him. Did incognito go overboard yeah he did but at the same time this is a locker roomwe are talking about. Do you know hhow much smack we talked to our teammates. Nothing was off limits we would talk all the time about each other sisters, mothers, he'll even some times brothers.

The reports cover this. Also, the locker room is a workplace. Are you saying that that environment is acceptable in the workplace?

The reports cover this. Also, the locker room is a workplace. Are you saying that that environment is acceptable in the workplace?

This is a locker room not a suit and tie office. I went from a construction site to an office and I don't act in the office the way I did in the field. When I was in the field I acted like a total jack ass and was loud and talked all kinds of trash in the office I'm quite and reserved. In fact I've heard everything quoted in the reports in the field. The ARMY was pretty much the same when the females weren't around.

He was trying to laugh it off. I guess he was hoping it would stop but that is the wrong move with a bully.

This is a locker room not a suit and tie office. I went from a construction site to an office and I don't act in the office the way I did in the field. When I was in the field I acted like a total jack ass and was loud and talked all kinds of trash in the office I'm quite and reserved. In fact I've heard everything quoted in the reports in the field. The ARMY was pretty much the same when the females weren't around.

When you are a rookie and you don't know what the lay of the land is then you could be the way things are. The NFL will be a new environment very soon.

The point is that THAT shouldn't matter. It's a locker room of a multibillion dollar industry with professionals making multimillions. It's one thing to goof off. But grow the hell up. You can say "it's a locker room" all you want. They are grown men getting paid to do a job. They are grown men getting paid to work together. Act like it. Why don't we expect people to act like adults? That's what I don't understand.

The point is that THAT shouldn't matter. It's a locker room of a multibillion dollar industry with professionals making multimillions. It's one thing to goof off. But grow the hell up. You can say "it's a locker room" all you want. They are grown men getting paid to do a job. They are grown men getting paid to work together. Act like it. Why don't we expect people to act like adults? That's what I don't understand.

Money has nothing to do with it. The fact is Martin never told them that's enough and acted like he was friends with incognito. If he had a problem with it it should have never left the locker room either. I think Martin is going to find it hard to fit in with any team at this point. Like it or not the locker room has never changed and never will. We are talking about talking trash here its not like they physically attacked him. Also in the texts Martin talked a lot of shit as well. Why act like the guys friend and talk junk with him if you didn't like him. I joke around a lot more with my friends then with people who don't like me. Maybe the group of them kept it up because they thought they were joking around with one of their friends. I think Martin couldn't handle the stress of the NFL and is looking for a law suit.

Martin was trying to go along to get along hoping it would end. His agent talking to th eGM who said Martin should fight Incognito. He was verbally and physically abused by Icognito and others. That LR was out of control. Philbin scapegoated a couple of assistants last night. I just watched his presser and it seems he didn't know much of what was happening on the team he was coaching.

Martin was trying to go along to get along hoping it would end. His agent talking to th eGM who said Martin should fight Incognito. He was verbally and physically abused by Icognito and others. That LR was out of control. Philbin scapegoated a couple of assistants last night. I just watched his presser and it seems he didn't know much of what was happening on the team he was coaching.

I know things got out of hand but I'm positive stuff like that goes on in every LR. Martin should have stood up for himself and not acted like their friend. If he is acting like their friend how were they to know it bothered him. Martin talked to Incognito all the way up until Incognito questioned him about and even blamed his agent. There were faults on both sides.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/report-incognito-vandalized-his-own-car-with-a-bat/

Report: Incognito vandalized his own car with a bat

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps. Or something.

In the latest oddball turn in an already strange story, the latest report on Richie Incognito’s vandalized Ferrari is that he was the one doing the vandalizing.

According to TMZ (via the Palm Beach Post), Incognito told the Scottsdale Police Department that he was the one who smashed his car with a bat in a fit of rage.

We haven’t heard much from the (almost certainly) former Dolphins guard, since his brief tirade after the Wells report.

Obviously, he needed to cool down.

Or maybe Dolphins coaches just wanted him to toughen the car up a bit.

Richie has a diagnosed and well now mental issue, bi-polar with manic depression; something the media keeps leaving out when talking about his antics. I say that not to excuse him, but to shed light on his issues; violent mood swings.

Now, most of us do things every day that offend someone, we just do not now it nor do we do those things on purpose. In this instance, locker oom talk can be and is vile, vulgar to most in the public. However, since several africaqn american players were also engaged in the same talk and encouraged Richie to continue in that language and, since Martin never said a word to any of the players involved, it is easy for most to see why and how this continued for so long.

All Martin had to do was say the language was offensive and most of it would have stopped. Sure, he went to a trainer or small status coach, but if not help was given at that point, he should have gone to the head coach. Being a smart man as he is, having parents who knew what was going on and as intellegent as they are, they all should have known to go to the head coach. Instead, they concost a lame tantrum and run to the Er for a few minutes. A very short time there mind you. If he was serious about needing help he would have stayed longer, over night even. In the tme he spent at the hospital there is no way the staff there could have done anything but record his vitals, his mental state and then release him. No counsiling, no medications could have been given in the time he spent there. Thus my stance, that move was simply done for legal reasons.

The media could have ha d areally good chance to talk about mental diseases such as bi-polar disorder and how it affects people, Instead, they focussed on the racial and bully angle. As soon as the full texts came out from everyone involved, they didn't just back peddle on the recial issue, they ran full steam in the opposite direction because they knew they were wrong.

This was not about race, this was not even truly about bullying, no matter what the report states. This was about a group of guys having fun in their way and one guy who just did not like the language but was too affraid to speak up. A perfect storm if you will..... Martin is likely never going to play in the NFL again. Oh he might get signed short term, a camp body, maybe, but he is not very good to start with and clearly is not mentally strong enough to play in the NFL.

Dee's comment x2.

Aren't these two comments contradictory:

"This is the NFL. This is an NFL lockerroom. This happens in every locker room around the league. Toughen up."

"All he had to do was say he didn't like it and it would have stopped."

No. The first sentence says that, had Martin spoken up, he would have been further chastised and harassed for not being man enough to handle what happens in "every locker room in the league."

This by the way is the exact definition of an environment for an employer is liable in these cases as well. If it happens everywhere and everyone knows it and everyone knows that speaking out will mean more trouble and more harassment - there is a legitimate issue.

Meanwhile, the defense of Incognito is absurd. Yes, if he truly has a mental disorder, he deserves some sympathy. But he also has a long track record of being an absolute tool. And now he gets called on it and we're supposed to feel sorry? Had Martin called him on it to the coach, would we still feel sorry when he got suspended or cut?

Dee's comment x2.

Aren't these two comments contradictory:

"This is the NFL. This is an NFL lockerroom. This happens in every locker room around the league. Toughen up."

"All he had to do was say he didn't like it and it would have stopped."

No. The first sentence says that, had Martin spoken up, he would have been further chastised and harassed for not being man enough to handle what happens in "every locker room in the league."

This by the way is the exact definition of an environment for an employer is liable in these cases as well. If it happens everywhere and everyone knows it and everyone knows that speaking out will mean more trouble and more harassment - there is a legitimate issue.

Meanwhile, the defense of Incognito is absurd. Yes, if he truly has a mental disorder, he deserves some sympathy. But he also has a long track record of being an absolute tool. And now he gets called on it and we're supposed to feel sorry? Had Martin called him on it to the coach, would we still feel sorry when he got suspended or cut?

Maybe I am "special" but I was being harrassed, sexually, by a coworker, I had no issue asking her to stop, nor my friends, also coworkers, to stop egging her on and pushing my buttons. When neither happened, I had no issue going to my supervisor. When he refused to do anything about it other than tell me to just ignore her, I went to his supervisor. She, his supervisor, told me the same thing. This, even after a mandatory day long seminar on work place harrassment. After a week more of it, (it went on for over a month) I went to human resources. My sup and his sup were both suspended the woman in question, fired.

Let me say this, it is much easier to speak up when you are making six fugures, than when you are making 40,000 per with a wife & two kids to feed.

In Martin's case, he never went to the head coach, even he is smart enough to go up the food chain if you have issues. Every head coach has an open door policy....