ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Free Agents

RavenMad

There are a lot of good players among the list of Free Agents this year. Looking at the list of free agent TEs I wouldn't overpay to keep Pitta. He might be the 2nd best TE available but there are plenty of good to decent free agents available and the draft has a lot of talent that I am sure we could come away with 2 good players for the money Pitta might be getting.

Here is a pretty good list from Yahoo:

Offense: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-free-agent-rankings--offensive-players-205834976.html

Defense: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/2014-nfl-free-agent-list--defensive-and-special-teams-players-055219169-nfl.html

at RB, i like Toby Gerhart, he's a pounder, that as the article says hasn't taken many hits playing behind Peterson. he ran through our defense in the snow game. I like his running style , he was very productive at Stanford and we need some physicality at the RB position. 26 and still fresh

• Upvote 1

There are a lot of good players among the list of Free Agents this year. Looking at the list of free agent TEs I wouldn't overpay to keep Pitta. He might be the 2nd best TE available but there are plenty of good to decent free agents available and the draft has a lot of talent that I am sure we could come away with 2 good players for the money Pitta might be getting.

I 100% totally agree, we can not give Pitta too much money, what he does is not all that valuable to me. And now they're saying he wants a WR tag if franchised, let him hit FA and he might understand he not as valuable as he might think.

at RB, i like Toby Gerhart, he's a pounder, that as the article says hasn't taken many hits playing behind Peterson. he ran through our defense in the snow game. I like his running style , he was very productive at Stanford and we need some physicality at the RB position. 26 and still fresh

I looked at that one as well as an interesting option. He is a typical Ozzie pickup. After the initial burst of signings are made by other teams throwing crazy money around at Free Agents Ozzie normally comes along and picks up a decent player or 2 for the right price. Toby could be one of those guys.

Why does anyone here think we're going after a RB? While I would totally agree that Gerhardt will be a great pickup (for someone else), Pierce and Rice looked amazing just 2 years ago. Our offensive line was a huge crux last year and Rice still makes great money, there is no way we're going out and signing a veteran RB for any kind of change this year.

Why does anyone here think we're going after a RB? While I would totally agree that Gerhardt will be a great pickup (for someone else), Pierce and Rice looked amazing just 2 years ago. Our offensive line was a huge crux last year and Rice still makes great money, there is no way we're going out and signing a veteran RB for any kind of change this year.

i don't think Gerhardt would cost that much money and i'm anticipating rice being suspended 8 games if not the whole season. thats why i'm thinking we're going to get a RB in either free agency or the draft, my pick would be Gerhardt

i don't think Gerhardt would cost that much money and i'm anticipating rice being suspended 8 games if not the whole season. thats why i'm thinking we're going to get a RB in either free agency or the draft, my pick would be Gerhardt

I would bet all the money in the world on Rice being suspended 2 games or less. What he did was terrible from an emotional standpoint but not from a legal standpoint.

I would bet all the money in the world on Rice being suspended 2 games or less. What he did was terrible from an emotional standpoint but not from a legal standpoint.

2 games sounds about right. I do wonder how he's going to rehabilitate himself and his image. If he doesn't, he may never be the same again.

As far as wideouts go, I'm with keeping Jacoby and drafting one. Jones is a fire starter on the field. I like Benjamin in the second round if he falls far enough or J. rice's nephew from Vandy. That's the conservative move

As far as wideouts go, I'm with keeping Jacoby and drafting one. Jones is a fire starter on the field. I like Benjamin in the second round if he falls far enough or J. rice's nephew from Vandy. That's the conservative move

Love Benjamin, even in the first round

Beat me to it!

Great minds think alike!

I might be shooting for the stars here but if we sign Edelman and draft Ebron our offense would have many different weapons with different skill sets. Torrey the deep threat, Edelman the quick, slot receiver, Marlon the big redzone threat and developing possession guy. At TE Pitta can mop up underneath while Ebron burns defenses down the seam.

Great minds think alike!

I might be shooting for the stars here but if we sign Edelman and draft Ebron our offense would have many different weapons with different skill sets. Torrey the deep threat, Edelman the quick, slot receiver, Marlon the big redzone threat and developing possession guy. At TE Pitta can mop up underneath while Ebron burns defenses down the seam.

That would be amazing! :bow:

Great minds think alike!

Hey Cleetz, I agree. What a powerhouse that would be. Unfortunately, I suspect the Steelers will take Ebron. If they do, we could take Benjamin or Jace Amaro.