ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Birk high on Gradkowski

vmax

He wants us to take a "Leap of Faith".

funny-pics-leap-of-faith.jpg

“He is the guy, no question,” said Birk, who was back in Baltimore Thursday to promote his new book, “All-Pro Wisdom: The 7 Choices That Lead to Greatness.”

“It’s a process. It’s a journey. I think the best thing Gino has going for him is his attitude and his character. That comes through when you’re playing football. As a Ravens fan myself, I don’t worry about Gino.” It took Birk three years to become a starter in the NFL. Once he did, in 2000, he went to the Pro Bowl. He credited that in part to having excellent linemen around him. Gradkowski had an injured left guard (Kelechi Osemele) next to him and turnover at left tackle.

“Gino played well. He battled his butt off, which I knew he would,” Birk said.

“He prepares the right way and does everything the right way. Those are the kinds of things you want. There’s no substitute for game experience in the NFL and I’m sure Gino learned a lot. He’ll pick up right where he left off and be better this year.” http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Matt-Birk-Gino-Gradkowski-Is-The-Guy/37e3c9d5-0125-4aa7-a521-bccb909a9710

Birk knows a thousand times more than I about playing center in the NFL.

I hope the Ravens bring in strong competition...then we'll know for sure if it was Gino struggling with the mental aspect of the game and the shortage of talent around him or if he's a bust.

You can't win without solid O line play and this line was a shambles last year.

Now it's up in the air if Monroe comes back.

Will Osemele come back 100% strong and recovered?

Will Yanda be 100%.

Will Oher be back?

This whole line is a huge question mark and this years season depends on it.

Birk talks about chemistry.

They can't establish any chemistry with this huge amount of possible turnover and injury questions. It will be basically a new unit.

I still have high hopes for Gino. I have always compared him to Mike Flynn and I won't back away from that. This being said, they cannot go into next year with Gino/Jensen as our plan for the center position. There are some very good FA centers out there and I'm hoping we pounce on one.

Birk's High would have been a more appropriate title.

Nice one RavenMad!

I feel like a Browns fan when I watch him...you know....hoping and waiting for him to develop into a Stud...then waiting...and waiting...:)

Gradkowski drove me nuts last year but it was just one year. I don't think he deserves to go into next year as the undisputed starter but he should have a chance to compete for the spot. Picking up where he left off is not good enough, he's gotta show some major improvement.

Gradkowski drove me nuts last year but it was just one year. I don't think he deserves to go into next year as the undisputed starter but he should have a chance to compete for the spot. Picking up where he left off is not good enough, he's gotta show some major improvement.

Then I hope he puts some serious weight on, he was tossed around last year.