ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How do you feel about Rolando McClain coming back

Oldschool739

I'm all for giving Rolando a shot. He's cheap and you never know. If he's stoked, might turn into a good linebacker.

This is just what I mean T, you say Richie is a phsycho and you wouldn't want him on your team because of his bullying ways, but this guy gets arrested multiple times in a 2 yr span and one of them is for shooting a gun at someone.....Don't you think that judgement is a little flawed ?

Not yours personally but over all, yet that is the view of many fans....I think it's totally unfair, and personally, I don't want either of them on our team, but fair is fair and wrong is wrong no matter who it's handed to...

This is just what I mean T, you say Richie is a phsycho and you wouldn't want him on your team because of his bullying ways, but this guy gets arrested multiple times in a 2 yr span and one of them is for shooting a gun at someone.....Don't you think that judgement is a little flawed ?

Not yours personally but over all, yet that is the view of many fans....I think it's totally unfair, and personally, I don't want either of them on our team, but fair is fair and wrong is wrong no matter who it's handed to...

Timing is a big issue here OS. We are talking about one player (McClain) who saw his destructive path and took a year off of football to get his life straight. From all accounts, he is in a much better place now and ready to resume his career. We shall see. I'm certainly not betting on him, but I'm hopeful.

Richie is fresh off of all the ugliness that went down. From everything he has said, I don't even think he understands he did something wrong. Maybe if he sits out a year and gets some help, people would feel differently when he came back.

• Upvote 1

Timing is a big issue here OS. We are talking about one player (McClain) who saw his destructive path and took a year off of football to get his life straight. From all accounts, he is in a much better place now and ready to resume his career. We shall see. I'm certainly not betting on him, but I'm hopeful.

Richie is fresh off of all the ugliness that went down. From everything he has said, I don't even think he understands he did something wrong. Maybe if he sits out a year and gets some help, people would feel differently when he came back.

Good point, Money.....I could understand that....My only reservation is that RM's actions were far more serious and dangerous than RI's, but that does make sense.....

When a team has players that do something wrong I think the team should stand behind the players until the facts come out. That player is part of the team and they shouldn't be thrown under the bus on an accusation alone. After all the facts come out then the team can decide how to proceed. Sadly, we all know that better players will get away with far more than marginal players will.

I also feel that when a free agent or a player on another team has questions hanging over him - then that is probably not a player a team should look to acquire.

I do believe in second chances (Modell was famous for that and sometimes they worked, other times not) but there should be some time passed and evidence of change before they are given. Incognito still seems confused he did anything wrong and how long ago was it that he was destroying his car? Not the type of person I would look to bring onto the team. Honestly the McClain stuff is probably too soon for me to be in favor of bringing him in. Less than a year ago he was getting arrested. Personally I'd probably pass.

Player's conduct is important to me at least. I want the Ravens to win but I always want to be cheering for "good guys". The three recent Ravens arrests in over a week is embarrassing to the franchise. They should be looking for good players and quality individuals right now, and I dont think Incognito fits that description and I wonder about McClain.

I do see both arguments. The question we should be asking is Can either player come in and add something to the team. Do the Benefits provided outweigh the negatives.

In terms of team unity Incognito is far harder to justify than McClain. What he did was worse for the locker room unity than what McClain did and for that reason I would be far more likely to take a chance on a reclamation project like McClain than I would Incognito.

That doesn't mean I would definitely take McClain back, but there is nothing to lose with his situation. I don't see anything to suggest he was a locker room cancer. And if he truly has reformed he could be a nice addition to the locker room. If we bring him back and he decides to go on a shooting spree in downtown Baltimore then cut him and we haven't lost anything, unless he brings the guns to the locker room and opens up on a few players of course but from all reports it was always trouble in his hometown that he needed to avoid.

I guess what I am trying to say is I am more likely to take a chance on someone who has had issues outside of football and a lot less likely to take chances on a locker room cancer.

Good point, Money.....I could understand that....My only reservation is that RM's actions were far more serious and dangerous than RI's, but that does make sense.....

Old School- My sentiment exactly as to what Money said. I do respect your opinion though. It's just a gut feeling I have about both players.