ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How do you feel about Rolando McClain coming back

Oldschool739

I wonder how many fans that want Richie banned for Bullying, along with others, feel differently about this guy being allowed back in the game.......

Arrests

On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.[28][29] On May 17, 2012, McClain was found guilty on all counts, ordered to pay a $500 fine for each charge, totaling $2,000, and sentenced to spend 45 days in jail for each charge, 180 in total. He was freed on bond, and will begin serving his sentence on June 1.[30]

On November 18, 2012, while the case was on appeal, the charges were dismissed by the Judge after the victim decided not to press charges. According to lawyers involved, a financial settlement was reached between McClain and the victim.[31]

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.[32]

On April 21, 2013, McClain was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.[33]

How many players that have gotten in trouble with the law have been banned? None to my knowledge. You are making an apples and oranges argument. This is a dirt cheap deal that if he is good helps the Ravens at a spot they are lacking. If he screws up then they cut him with no consequences. This is why he was not cut last yr. They hold his rights.

How many players that have gotten in trouble with the law have been banned? None to my knowledge. You are making an apples and oranges argument. This is a dirt cheap deal that if he is good helps the Ravens at a spot they are lacking. If he screws up then they cut him with no consequences. This is why he was not cut last yr. They hold his rights.

He has as bad or worse image than Richie, he's certainly been arrested more, yet fans want Richie banned or have to go through therapy and prove himself first....Why would the standard be any different for RM ????

He has never tortured a brother. Also he is not going to be a finacial liablity on your roster. If he gets in trouble they are his responsibilty not the orgs.

You might want to reread this one Smurf....

On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.

That guy is clearly an out of control head case, and if 1 player is judged by one set of standards and another by a different set, then how can there ever be any continuity ?....It's a double standard that I don't see how they get away with it without being sued to the max.....

I'm in, let the guy play.

May be he turns out to be a good ST player? Who knows.

Let see what ya got.

I don't understand some fans, well I do but ain't gona say it.

You cheered for Ray Lewis week after week, made him a god.

They are going to put a statue out in the front yard with Johnny.

Let see what ya got.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not for these over sensitive punishments that take away a players livelihood for being a little problematic at times....My only gripe is the double standard that is used in these suspensions, fines and now it it could be banning a player for being over aggressive of all things...

Don't misunderstand me, I am not for these over sensitive punishments that take away a players livelihood for being a little problematic at times....My only gripe is the double standard that is used in these suspensions, fines and now it it could be banning a player for being over aggressive of all things...

What a lot of fans don't get, and don't get me wrong, most of these guys have screw that aren't loose, they aren't there.

Read something in a book, yes I can read and yes I know what a book is, "You will cheer for them each Sunday but you don't want then living next door to you."

The guy went away to fix his life. If he has fixed his life it might be worth a shot to see if he can play. It's easy to have a try out, see what he can do in pre season. If he has something to work with, the coaches will know. It's not a free pass. He may not be able to make the team.

• Upvote 1

The guy went away to fix his life. If he has fixed his life it might be worth a shot to see if he can play. It's easy to have a try out, see what he can do in pre season. If he has something to work with, the coaches will know. It's not a free pass. He may not be able to make the team.

It's been attributed to the coach at 'Bama that he's really worked to change himself. Taking a year off is a big step for him in emotional maturity. I'd say give him a shot in camp too but don't hesitate for one moment to cut him if he isn't working out for any reason.

It's been attributed to the coach at 'Bama that he's really worked to change himself. Taking a year off is a big step for him in emotional maturity. I'd say give him a shot in camp too but don't hesitate for one moment to cut him if he isn't working out for any reason.

Well I know BG's opinion is consistent that he would, and Cravn's is consistent that he wouldn't......But do you and others feel the same about Richie Incognito as you do RM ?.....That is my question and point to be made....I personally think that both should be put on a probation time to see if they can stay out of trouble, we already know they can play the game....But not only them, Martin, Pouncey and Philbin should have to do the same, they were involved in the bullying also....

School, I saw the debate about Incognito. But I believe in 2nd chances and I believe that you make sure that the rope you give is a choke chain. If an offense is repeated, we know what to do. You can't lock yourself into anything. If McClain comes back, all terms have to be beneficial to the Ravens. If he was a player and stayed out of trouble, you work out something better after a yr or two. We do have to protect ourselves.

School, I saw the debate about Incognito. But I believe in 2nd chances and I believe that you make sure that the rope you give is a choke chain. If an offense is repeated, we know what to do. You can't lock yourself into anything. If McClain comes back, all terms have to be beneficial to the Ravens. If he was a player and stayed out of trouble, you work out something better after a yr or two. We do have to protect ourselves.

True, but I wasn't referring to playing just for us or considering anyone's team needs....Just should one be treated any differently than the other before they could play again, even though they both were multi violators.....One have to go through therapy and league wide ridicule and the other a slap on the wrist and told to behave himself......

You might want to reread this one Smurf....

On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.

That guy is clearly an out of control head case, and if 1 player is judged by one set of standards and another by a different set, then how can there ever be any continuity ?....It's a double standard that I don't see how they get away with it without being sued to the max.....

Do you comprehend team conduct versus private conduct? Incognito is in trouble for team conduct. McClain was in Bama as an individual.

Let see what ya got.

I agree. If he plays well then a player could do anything he wants and the fans will back him. Say McClain plays all world we will have some new jock sniffers right here.

Well I know BG's opinion is consistent that he would, and Cravn's is consistent that he wouldn't......But do you and others feel the same about Richie Incognito as you do RM ?.....That is my question and point to be made....I personally think that both should be put on a probation time to see if they can stay out of trouble, we already know they can play the game....But not only them, Martin, Pouncey and Philbin should have to do the same, they were involved in the bullying also....

Martin broke no rules.

Do you comprehend team conduct versus private conduct? Incognito is in trouble for team conduct. McClain was in Bama as an individual.

I agree. If he plays well then a player could do anything he wants and the fans will back him. Say McClain plays all world we will have some new jock sniffers right here.

Martin broke no rules.

So you would prefer an actual criminal on your team that has been known to shoot at people ,above a mere bully ???...Yes I understand very well that you are not getting the point....

As far as Martin, he used the same insults and was a partaker in the whole deal but because he forgot how to be a man and take care of his business, he went to snitching.....Not Cool....We still have to see who all will be disciplined for that debacle, I'm curious as to how serious they take bullying amongst grown men as compared to an actual violent death threatening criminal acts of another....That's the point.

Do you comprehend how this league works? They have min hundreds of criminals. They want to win games as cheaply as possible.

I've been observing it since the first SB, I think I got a handle on it....You keep missing the point and I've done everything but draw a picture for you....I know you are a pretty sharp dude, so I can't see how you keep flying over it....." I don't like the over aggressive treatment of one player and a passive one on another because of convenience for any team or the league itself"

If you can't get that, then I don't know what else to tell you, except, you have your view and I have mine....

This is about liability. The NFL has none if a player gets a DUI beats a bouncer up or anything else. If a player torments a teammate, beats him, sexually assaults a woman at a team event, or ethnically insult a team employee the league and team can be sued fro millions. That is the difference.

Insurance, you surely don't think they aren't fully covered ?....So what you're saying is , if it could potentially cost the team or league money, the penalty will be harsher than if they ran a dog killing contest or assaulted someone with a gun off field ?......Even though that violates their conduct policy and the law ?...And you don't think that's discriminating ????

So what culpability did the league or a team have to Vick's victims? Was the league or Panthers sued for what Carruth did? Could the Dolphins, another team, or the league get sued for Incognito's conduct? Most definitely yes. They do not care really when these guys do as private people.

I disagree, but it's been a good discussion....Now let's hope Joe don't go out and slap some old lady and get suspended...lol

True, but I wasn't referring to playing just for us or considering anyone's team needs....Just should one be treated any differently than the other before they could play again, even though they both were multi violators.....One have to go through therapy and league wide ridicule and the other a slap on the wrist and told to behave himself......

The humanity in us is going to cause us to treat people differently