ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens bring back MTDisappointment

Robjr83

I'm hearing people online saying "well we got him cheap", "adds depth", and "low risk"... well people you know the saying about getting what you pay for. Some idiot said "well he just has to be coached up"... What do you think the Ravens were trying to do the last few years? The guy just doesn't have the psychical/mental acuity to make it at the NFL level.

• Upvote 1

Well...Cody found his market value; $0. Nobody wanted to look at him.

McClain and Cody are gambles...low risk with possible reward.
Both have a good taste of what it feels like to be on your way out of the NFL. One or both might wake up and play to their full potential.
That would be great. If not, this is probably the end for both.

Cody had elbow and hip surgeries during the offseason last year, which hampered him throughout the offseason. He indicated he's fully healthy now and doesn't need to have any surgical procedures.

"I can be a lot better now that I'm full-go and actually healthy for the first time in a while," Cody said. "It's going to be a lot of good things this year."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-resign-terrence-cody-to-oneyear-deal-20140404,0,4992303.story#ixzz2xxSExjWo

Cody had elbow and hip surgeries during the offseason last year, which hampered him throughout the offseason. He indicated he's fully healthy now and doesn't need to have any surgical procedures.

"I can be a lot better now that I'm full-go and actually healthy for the first time in a while," Cody said. "It's going to be a lot of good things this year."

Read more: http://www.baltimore...y#ixzz2xxSExjWo
What, has he been injured since he arrived here ? Because he has stunk since day one !!....Don't get this one at all.. :nono: , must be a relative or something....

That is ne thing with Ozzie. He is not willing to end a poor experiment of his picks. If they don't pan he will hold out hope that they will get their for way to long.

I don't agree with this. They dump plenty who fail. But they also know the market enough to know if they can find better. Cody is a backup... Can you find better given our needs and $$?

I loved this guy in college. And when he was drafted by the Ravens, I was pumped.

And then I saw a picture of him shirtless. It went downhill from there....

LMAO

Two thoughts... One, how many returned after a first contract? Second, it's still all about cost-benefit and the rest of the market. Do you really think Oz was holding Dickson saying "this is the year" or was it just about filling a backup spot without spending? I think the latter. Not sure what you think we're going to get for the price of Cody and sure we could draft but that's also a spot we're wasting... 53 players but not 53 wide open options...

• Upvote 1

Two thoughts... One, how many returned after a first contract? Second, it's still all about cost-benefit and the rest of the market. Do you really think Oz was holding Dickson saying "this is the year" or was it just about filling a backup spot without spending? I think the latter. Not sure what you think we're going to get for the price of Cody and sure we could draft but that's also a spot we're wasting... 53 players but not 53 wide open options...

At this point I think Ozzie would be better off filling spots with rookies instead of wasting roster spots.

At this point I think Ozzie would be better off filling spots with rookies instead of wasting roster spots.

Maybe. But only so many draft picks. Every pick used on one position is unavailable for another. And I think it's even more of a stretch to say that we'd find equal value in an unrestricted free agent or undrafted rookie.

Maybe. But only so many draft picks. Every pick used on one position is unavailable for another. And I think it's even more of a stretch to say that we'd find equal value in an unrestricted free agent or undrafted rookie.

I agree with you. You have to pick your spots. Maybe it was better to retain Cody so we weren't forced to draft a DT. Next yr may be the yr for that if the right guy doesn't fall to us