ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Billicks contribution to the nfl coaching staff?

dapetes

Too many coaches are quickly pushed out of their places. I believe Marvin is a good coach, but the team has had some bad breaks and chosen some players poorly.

They've also allowed themselves to hand onto certain players too long that have now begun to create problems in the locker room.

What if Palmer never goes down to that knee injury, Cinci quite possibly ends up winning the SB that year. Then how would that team of responded???

No HC's are successful or can be successful in Cinci because of the ownership and crappy organization.

You have to have talent to get to the top and they have no clue or plan to compete with the rest of the NFL to get that talent. Marvin was in a no win situation from the start.

"Billicks HC tree" includes Mike Smith (doing great in Atlanta), Lewis, Nolan, Singletary, and Del Rio.

The 49er's Front Office is a joke so it's a similar situation for Nolan and Singletary.

Well, first, I'd say that both Del Rio and Lewis have to be considered successful. Not many coaches go out on a high note. Most go out on bad seasons. That's how it works. But both Jack and Marvin had very successful careers in their respective cities... and may continue to for all we know.

Fassel doesn't count as a Billick protege, so there.

Nolan is probably the least successful... but I have no doubt that he will find another coaching job (head coaching job) in the years to come and he'll improve.

Singletary... well... I would hardly count his tenure this year in SanFran... even if he did great. Interim jobs don't really count. But I don't doubt that he'll continue to find work as a coach and make an impact around the league.

And I know it's not NFL... but let's not forget Matty Cavanaugh in Pittsburgh (U Pitt)... they are doing okay with him as OC. Somehow.

Well, first, I'd say that both Del Rio and Lewis have to be considered successful

Marvin Lewis is not succesful, look at his record....43-46-1 and he has a job..compared to Billick's 85-67 and yet hes canned.

Edited by cravnravn

Well, first, I'd say that both Del Rio and Lewis have to be considered successful

Marvin Lewis is not succesful, look at his record....43-46-1 and he has a job..compared to Billick's 85-67 and yet hes canned.

He was one knee injury away from a possible Super Bowl! Cmon, Lewis has been far more successful than just about any Cinci coach. He can still get back there if Palmer gets healthy, they just have to stop drafting prima donnas and draft gamers. Not that I want him to do any of this however, but to say Lewis hasn't been successful, I don't know.

He was one knee injury away from a possible Super Bowl! Cmon, Lewis has been far more successful than just about any Cinci coach. He can still get back there if Palmer gets healthy, they just have to stop drafting prima donnas and draft gamers. Not that I want him to do any of this however, but to say Lewis hasn't been successful, I don't know.

Hell no, that was the wild card game..

Let not leave out the great New England Patriots quarterback and our great Super Bowl WINNING offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh.

Jack Del Rio got his start with the Saints with Mike Ditka.

Mike Nolan got caned by the New York Jets, Washington Redskins and New York Giants.

Why don't we can this Billick's Buddys that have failed?

I want to pet the rabbit george

I am not sure Lewis is a success as a head coach. Perhaps if you take into account the recent history of the Bengals then he could be. Even with their injuries I think the Bengals have underperformed in 2006 and 2007. I think Marvin could get (and will) another job and be very successful, I just do not think he has done a great overall job in Cincy.