ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No one is going to agree

RavenousBG

In glossing over this board and some other groups I'm part of I come to one conclusion. Not everyone could be satisfied no matter who we drafted. It would've taken 14 picks, 2 in each round to satisfy a majority.

Fact is, it's not your draft. It's theirs and they'll pick how they want, not how we want.

Look you can criticize and disagree. It's our right. But in the end, don't get too bent. Don't complain so long that you can't appreciate what we have in Bmore. We had a playoff less season. Not usual in Bmore lately. But the bottom didn't fall out and this draft can't be proven a failure that will sink us until we see it happen.

They won't always pick the players you want them to. Just the way it is.

In glossing over this board and some other groups I'm part of I come to one conclusion. Not everyone could be satisfied no matter who we drafted. It would've taken 14 picks, 2 in each round to satisfy a majority.

Fact is, it's not your draft. It's theirs and they'll pick how they want, not how we want.

Look you can criticize and disagree. It's our right. But in the end, don't get too bent. Don't complain so long that you can't appreciate what we have in Bmore. We had a playoff less season. Not usual in Bmore lately. But the bottom didn't fall out and this draft can't be proven a failure that will sink us until we see it happen.

I tend to agree. I'm never totally satisfied with what we do in the draft but I learn to appreciate that Ozzie is a master of his craft. I understand we don't draft for need. We will move up and down the draft board (when we have the picks to do so, which we didn't have this year) to try and fit value with a need but when it comes to it Ozzie doesn't reach for a need.

Like he has said countless times after the draft, they are not done filling out the team. There is still June cuts to come, there are still some veteran stop gaps available and they are doing work right now with UDFAs and there will still be some final roster cuts before the start of the season that may be able to fill a hole. And as a last resort Ozzie will trade some more draft picks to get a player in (like he did with Monroe)

Looking at the big picture, we will be fine.

Its been a very polarizing draft. Fans wanted a RT but Martin was gone and I guess Oz wasn't all that in love with what was out there. Fans wanted a top WR my guess is Kubs system will be TE driven with Torrey, Jones, SmithSR, Brown, Thompson, and Mallette and the new draftee they're stacked there.

I feel like I am one of the few here who believe in this draft. I called it a B and so do the experts. Mel called it a "solid B". Many believe that I wear "purple colored glasses". Maybe, but many here wear glasses stained with mud. They would rather bash than accept the reality that that our team has been pretty good at what we do for many years.

I tend to agree. I'm never totally satisfied with what we do in the draft but I learn to appreciate that Ozzie is a master of his craft. I understand we don't draft for need. We will move up and down the draft board (when we have the picks to do so, which we didn't have this year) to try and fit value with a need but when it comes to it Ozzie doesn't reach for a need.

Like he has said countless times after the draft, they are not done filling out the team. There is still June cuts to come, there are still some veteran stop gaps available and they are doing work right now with UDFAs and there will still be some final roster cuts before the start of the season that may be able to fill a hole. And as a last resort Ozzie will trade some more draft picks to get a player in (like he did with Monroe)

Looking at the big picture, we will be fine.

That's what I'm hoping: Oz will make a trade or a June pickup for RT. It's not impossible and it would do a lot to get the offensive line strengthened. Joe went down 48 times last year and that's too much. He's eventually going to get hurt at that rate. We could use more insurance as backup QB too.

We missed out on a WR in a draft that had a lot of them. I'm just not sold that Steve Smith has enough gas left in the tank. I did like his free agent signings of Zuttah and Daniels.

As Robjr83 said above it was a very polarizing draft. I'm all 'vented-out' now and hoping for the best.

I didn't see WR as a need, Daniels, Smith, and most importantly... an improved RUNNING GAME, should help there. I did want a RT though, so picking up Winston or another vet is absolutely a must for me right now.

Colin what worries me is if Steve Smith just can't go anymore. But WR is secondary to the RT, I agree.

Colin what worries me is if Steve Smith just can't go anymore. But WR is secondary to the RT, I agree.

Why wouldn't he be able to go anymore? Sure he's getting old, but part of what has to be considered about his game last year was that the Panthers finally had capably developed receivers to go with him for the first time since Mushin Muhammad.

I believe in this draft. I had dreams of Ha Ha in Purple. I also thought we would get a wideout early or west. Once Martin was gone, I wasn't pressed about OT because didn't think there were any plug and play guys left.

I think the first 3 picks were guys who could be very good value and play a lot early.

The one that was odd to me was the TE. I think they were sure they were getting west and just couldn't find anyone they valued at that spot

What ticked me off the most was, while I did want Benjamin because he was a tweener, we could have used him at TE or WR, but at 17 we were sandwiched between the two picks Id hope would have turned into Ravens, Martin went to dallas, Pryor goes to the Jets, and time will tell but we reached for CJ.

We could have moved up with Dallas, they were serious about going after Johnny football.

What ticked me off the most was, while I did want Benjamin because he was a tweener, we could have used him at TE or WR, but at 17 we were sandwiched between the two picks Id hope would have turned into Ravens, Martin went to dallas, Pryor goes to the Jets, and time will tell but we reached for CJ.

We could have moved up with Dallas, they were serious about going after Johnny football.

Crave- it was reported that if Dallas had not taken Martin, and he was available to the Ravens, that we STILL would have taken CJ before Martin because he was rated higher on the board. Hey, I'm perfectly happy with Wagner or whoever Harbs goes with. Our Oline HAS improved from last year-they will be better regardless. Let's see what Wagner has to offer. Remmeber, he broke his foot last year early. He now comes in bigger, stronger, quicker and faster.

If we move up,it's going to cost us. I think they drafted their way. The ravens don't like to draft for need and miss out on what they perceive as a better player. They felt CJ was top ten. Gotta take him. Had you been in charge Craven, you would've taken Benjamin and if you had Ozzie's track record and two Super Bowls as GM, I would be behind it. But as I said, everyone won't agree

Crave- it was reported that if Dallas had not taken Martin, and he was available to the Ravens, that we STILL would have taken CJ before Martin because he was rated higher on the board. Hey, I'm perfectly happy with Wagner or whoever Harbs goes with. Our Oline HAS improved from last year-they will be better regardless. Let's see what Wagner has to offer. Remmeber, he broke his foot last year early. He now comes in bigger, stronger, quicker and faster.

He looks like he can't wait for his opportunity:

2011-11-17-six_million_dollar_man.jpg