ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Priscos Most Overrated/Underated

vmax

Yes...he's an idiot...but he makes a good point here...

Baltimore Ravens

Overrated: RB Ray Rice­­ -- Is he really a star runner anymore? I know he can still be an effective player, especially in the passing game, but I want to see more. So do the Ravens.

Underrated: CB Jimmy Smith --­­ He might be on the verge of a special season, one that could get him to the Pro Bowl. Smith has all the tools to be an effective shutdown corner. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24599152/the-most-overrated-and-underrated-nfl-players-team-by-team

628x471.jpg

Here's his most Overated Player in the NFL...proof that he's a sub moron with the huge pile of Overrated players in the NFL to choose from...

My choice is Baltimore running back Ray Rice. I know the Ravens had line issues last season, but Rice's 3.1 yards per carry is absurd. And his per-­carry average has gone down each of the past two seasons. That's not a good sign.

Rice is still a quality player, but let's not put him among the elite backs anymore. And this has nothing to do with his off­-field issues, which cloud his legacy as well. This is about football. And Rice is coming off a bad season and a bad offseason, which means 2014 is huge for him, and it's why he's the choice as the NFL's most overrated player.

309866560-13102218.jpg

Spot on here....

Miami Dolphins

Overrated: ILB Dannell Ellerbe --­­ They paid him a lot of money to sign as a free agent from Baltimore last season and he was a major disappointment. I thought he'd be much better than he was for the Dolphins. He needs a bounce­-back season.

Cleveland Browns

Overrated: OLB Paul Kruger ­­-- They paid him a lot of money to amp up their defense and he didn't provide much in terms of pass rush. They essentially paid a lot of money for an edge setter. Oh, boy.

Tennessee Titans

Overrated: T Michael Oher --­­ They paid him a lot of money to sign as a free agent and play right tackle. Why? He was really bad in 2013 for the Ravens.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to let Rice go as well but knew that wasn't going to happen. The real lesson should have been no long-term contract for a RB. I'm actually very happy Prisco did this, I don't think Rice is DONE quite yet, so this will be another thing that can light a fire under the guy.

I don't think you can write a guy off completely after one injury-riddled year behind a historically bad offensive line. You can probably say he isn't a Top 5 RB anymore, but you have no evidence he can't return to be a very useful player.

I don't think you can write a guy off completely after one injury-riddled year behind a historically bad offensive line. You can probably say he isn't a Top 5 RB anymore, but you have no evidence he can't return to be a very useful player.

I don't think he will do anything but I am not saying to cut him. He has to stay around so when he is on teh field yo feed him. They fed Willis even though he wasn't worth what his contract was paying.

Papa- you're nothing but a hater. Must suck to be you.

I love this poor excuse when someone points out the truth.

Ray Rice has to revive his career. That, to me, means he's on his way down.

I also believe he can revive his career and have a great season if Kubiak uses him right.

It's hard for me to be a Ray Rice fan after his off the field behavior but I'm trying. I flat out loved the guy as a player with heart and as a good power of example off the field before this. Everybody has a moment or 2 of behavior they would like to take back...hell...I might have a decades worth.. :laugh:

The offense used to run through him. Now the Ravens can't rely on that. Hopefully at some point they will find out that they can count on Ray again. They'll know before we do.

• 4 months later...

I expect a decent year from RR. I'm hearing good things about his physical condition. Lets also say that with Shitley, Gino, and Oher no one's putting up yards.

Gotta give rice the benefit of doubt here, Rice hurried back way to soon from that hip injury..

Only time will tell

Quite possibly he's done but before I pronounce last rites I want to see him in the pre-season.

Papa- you're nothing but a hater. Must suck to be you.

Just searching for something and ran into this.