ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Don't forget our secret weapon Sunday

TBird

Shipley, the guy who was featured in that phony KVV story that even he admitted was a

mistake. Shipley was playing for the Colts in Denver not with Rice.

Anyway, he's starting in Indy and that would be a more worthy story for KVV and ESPN

because he's our secret weapon. He got Joe killed last year along with Gino the Giant

and was cut then picked up by Indy after they traded him to us to begin with.

Anyway, if he's starting Ravens defense will blitz up the middle like crazy. He can't block

Brandon Williams who usually gets double teamed. He'll get tripple teamed in Indy. Next

to him they still have to double team Ngata so that uses up all their blockers on two guys

which will free up everyone else like Canty, Mosley, Suggs and Dooooom to put pressure

on Luck who will be running for his life - if he gets on the field with Ravens offense pounding

the rock all day.

Ravens put great pressure on Cam Newton when Brandon was just double teamed.

So it won't matter who is in our secondary with Shipley playing for them and needing

so much help.

Then on the offensive side, you will see Joe do his thing and score 25-30 points while

Luck is either sitting on the beach as Ravens offense eats up the clock running the ball

on their d which is #31 in stopping the run or he is running for his life.

Shipley is playing C for Indy, his natural position. We had him playing out of position at Guard because we were shorthanded with KO and Yanda hurting. I understand Indy is happy with his play at C, so we'll have to see how things shake out on Sunday.

And Shipley didn't even play.

They saw him get run over by the Eagles up the middle forcing Luck out of the pocket so he didn't do OK. Same thing happened in Denver

up the middle and they sacked Luck once. Some other dude was in there. Ravens still sacked Luck once up the middle same

as Denver. They didn't keep it up in the middle like PAGs blitzed the hell out of Hurst's side of the line - our weak link.

PAGs figured that out and to pull Shipley out.

Outplayed outclassed outcoached

Exactly.

PAGs overloaded Hurst's side of the lined and blitzed him like crazy. Panthers didn't figure that out and is why PAGs

is such a good coach. Offense showed up flat. That's bad coaching. Torrey has to be benched. He is just sleep walking

like on the INT. He's just plain lazy.

Their front line hasn't played like that all year, yet Pees did some great coaching keeping Luck to 20 pts and we still had a

chance for a tie late in the game.

They saw him get run over by the Eagles up the middle forcing Luck out of the pocket so he didn't do OK. Same thing happened in Denver

up the middle and they sacked Luck once. Some other dude was in there. Ravens still sacked Luck once up the middle same

as Denver. They didn't keep it up in the middle like PAGs blitzed the hell out of Hurst's side of the line - our weak link.

PAGs figured that out and to pull Shipley out.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/10/5/6910761/jonotthan-harrison-starting-at-center-today-for-the-colts

You may want to rethink that.

No he wasn't. HARBs was their secret weapons being totally out-coached and failed to have his team up

for the game.

You forgot KO who gave up a sack and Wagner who had his first bad day and gave up 1/2 a sack. Joe got hit from

the edges and up the middle.

What the hell did you expect?

Hurst was an undrafted rookie who had the entire unbalanced d-line shifted towards him and he was blitzed most of the

game with no help and he had a sore knee KO who also gave up a sack that couldn't cover for him. They could have at

least put Gilmore over there to help him.

Nah, HARBs was their secret weapon. He was thoroughly out coached and didn't have the team up for the game.

PAGs gave a coaching clinic for him by shifting an unbalance line in front of Hurst

and HARBs didn't know what to do.

Exactly.

PAGs overloaded Hurst's side of the lined and blitzed him like crazy. Panthers didn't figure that out and is why PAGs

is such a good coach. Offense showed up flat. That's bad coaching. Torrey has to be benched. He is just sleep walking

like on the INT. He's just plain lazy.

Their front line hasn't played like that all year, yet Pees did some great coaching keeping Luck to 20 pts and we still had a

chance for a tie late in the game.

Funny, page goes after Hurst, yet the Colt's start a rookie at center and we make him look like a 10 year all pro vet. That's all on the coaching,

Um, the link didn't come in. What did it show?

In news that is not surprising but still puzzling, the Colts have officially listed undrafted rookie Jonotthan Harrison as their starting center for today's game instead of A.Q. Shipley.

This is a move that we wondered about all week, and it's one that we still don't quite understand. It has nothing to do with Harrison, who played well in the preseason as the starting center and who has a lot of potential out of Florida. But to bench Shipley, who had been playing well in the first four games, for Harrison? It doesn't make a ton of sense, but it was something that we expected would happen after listening to Chuck Pagano this week. Here's what I wrote on Friday about the possibility of this move happening:

If I had to make an educated guess, I think that
will be starting at center on Sunday instead of A.Q. Shipley. Let's be sure to note that nothing is official yet, but the sense I get is that a change is coming.

If that really does happen, the question must be asked, "why?" And that's a question I really don't have an answer for. Many have suggested and
that it might have something to do with the matchup against the
, but that just seems like an excuse, not a reason. I get that line of thinking, but you don't just bench your center for that reason alone unless you were already considering the move. So why would you bench A.Q. Shipley? He has played well this season in the first four games and has played every single one of the 307 offensive snaps for the Colts so far. Both Chuck Pagano and
have talked extensively about the importance of continuity along the offensive line. While injuries have ruined that the past two weeks a bit, that doesn't mean that keeping Shipley in there would have no effect on the continuity.

Harrison played well in the preseason. But that's much different than thrusting the undrafted rookie into starting a regular season game against the Baltimore Ravens. Much different. I love Harrison's potential, but that doesn't mean they have to start him yet. And what happened to
? I mean, if they're going to make a change, why not put Holmes in there? I'm not convinced on Khaled Holmes at all yet, as we still haven't gotten to see him really play. So I'm not about to sit here and clamor for him to replace Shipley because, well, Shipley has been good and Holmes is a question mark. But if the team is going to bench Shipley anyway, why would it be for Harrison and not Holmes? On this point, I'm not questioning as much as I'm interested in hearing the reasoning.

But in benching A.Q. Shipley (if that move were to happen)? That's a move I really would question. I find it hard to justify not putting him out there as the starting center when he's healthy, considering how well he has played and the fact that he has been out there for every snap.

In case you're wondering, I still don't get the move. Maybe Harrison will play well and we'll all talk about what a great move it was by Chuck Pagano inserting him into the starting lineup today. But if he doesn't play well, then the questioning that will happen would be justified. What was the Colts' reasoning in starting Harrison today over Shipley? What's going on? Obviously, the Colts feel like Harrison gives them the better chance to win today, and understand this - I really, really like Harrison. But I don't see why benching A.Q. Shipley for him at this point makes sense. Maybe Harrison will play better than Shipley, but it's a big risk.

Ultimately, we'll have to determine by the way Shipley plays today whether it was a good move or not. But right now, there are plenty of questions that fans are asking, and we're asking the same things too. Regardless of the questions, however, undrafted rookie Jonotthan Harrison will start today for the Indianapolis Colts at center.

Thanks Smurf, got it but like link says at the top, it was a puzling move. Not so puzzling. PAGs read my post. He thought they'd be blitzing

Ship all day but they probably wouldn't have anyway. Pees wouldn't know what that is. They did blitz up the middle even with the new guy

and Luck was sacked up the middle but they didn't keep it up. The rook did OK like Craven said he didn't stunt or wasn't aggressive enough.

Rex and Marvin would have blitzed like crazy. We saw Marvin do that vs us in week 1 over loading the line and guy came in un-touched

to sack Flacco twice. Ravens aren't that innovative. That's why so many fans hate pees.

HARBs said after SB 47 he called up to Pees and told him to blitz on every down on the goal line stand at the end of the game. He

remembered losing to the Eagles when they came back from behind and won it on the last play of the game. He didn't want

to lose the SB that way so he rode Pees back. For some reason he didnt in Indy.

As you know, I called for them to blitz the A gap all day with Ship and they should have done it even more vs an undrafted rook but

didn't.

That's why we lost or one key reason but PAGs read my posts and got Ship the hell out of there.

Yea, but Elam's strong point is coming up on rushing plays and hitting them in the box. It's his coverage that

does him in. Jimmy is a great blitzer and loves coming up to the line. They sacked Luck once up the middle but

there should have been more sacks.

Yea, but they still should have kept up the pressure up the middle on a rookie Center.

BTW, did you and T even know we had Miles and Trawick in the game at the same time?

Ravens rotated 9 DBs in the game and still held Luck to 20 pts with their last TD a gift from

Flacco.

The D was the only unit that showed up.

We're in deep poop and Tampa is not a given on Sunday.

Exactly which is what I called all last week - pound the rock. We could have had 150-160 yds but Kubes

abandoned the run as you said when he used to run to the right all the time and then kill them with

the play action. I saw that only once this year.

I just don't get it.