ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Getting Healthier

vmax

Some players are coming back this week....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens looked much healthier than the team that played in Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Three players who missed their last game returned to the practice field Wednesday: left guard Kelechi Osemele (knee), defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan (knee) and wide receiver Marlon Brown (pelvis). In addition to those players, free safety Will Hill (six-game suspension) and nose tackle Terrence Cody (hip, physically unable to perform list) were also practicing during the media viewing portion of practice after missing an extended period.

Osemele and Brown missed their first games of the season. Jernigan, a rookie second-round pick, has been inactive the past four games.

Three players weren't practicing: offensive tackle Eugene Monroe (knee), defensive end Chris Canty (wrist) and defensive tackle Christo Bilukidi (undisclosed).

Cody can be labeled a bust but his below average performance has been due to knee, back and other injuries due to his weight. He says everything is fixed now and that he feels like he did in college and can play at a high level now. We'll see, but if he does come back and plays solid, then that is some valuable line depth in the rotation.

Hill might be good....he might not. I'm hoping for the better but it will be a learning curve for him and the D. I just it's not a costly learning curve. Play him in garbage time for now.

KO coming back is huge.

Once Monroe and Canty are back it's full speed ahead! :gorave:

• Upvote 1

The roster moves should be interesting, does Camp sit if Brown comes back or does another receiver? Who sits if Cody is on the active roster? Christo Bilukidi jus got here, played pretty well I thought, stats won't show it, but he ate up blockers and pushed the pocket. Wonder why he sat? I would rather him that Cody on the team.

More good news....

Hill said he is “definitely” ready to suit up.

“Not a doubt in my mind,” Hill said. “I know how hard I’ve worked and how prepared I am right now. I’ve been preparing this whole time, so there’s no doubt in my mind.”

Hill hasn’t been allowed to practice during his suspension, but he has participated in the team meetings and worked out at the Under Armour Performance Center.

The Ravens want to make sure he is back in football condition before rushing him onto the field, but Hill stressed that he’s in great shape.

“I worked out every day,” he said. “The only thing that’s going through my mind is showing the team that I’ve been working when I haven’t been able to work with them. I want to show them that I know all the plays, that I stayed in shape and that I’m capable of being part of this defense.” http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Safety-Will-Hill-No-Doubt-Im-Ready-To-Play/cc879541-664b-441c-85c4-f151bc094aab

Maybe Brown or Jacoby should go inactive. Both Aiken and Campy have shown me something.

Yea.....Aiken and Camp look like playmakers. They look reliable. Good hands and they fight for the ball...like each opportunity is valuable, which it is.

In Ravens Wired one of the players said that Camp is always open.

What a nice problem to have!

Updates today:

-Will Hill promoted to 53 Man Roster, likely to get some snaps tomorrow.

-Christo Bilukidi to IR to make room. Ankle Injury last week was apparently serious.

-Terrence Cody not yet activated. We have 2 more weeks to decide on him before they'd have to try and P-Squad him or cut him. The news on him has all been great until now, we really just need some depth down there on obvious running downs, and we know he can provide that. We have tons of pass-rushing talent.

Comments on the rest:

-Camp and Aiken looked good, but you can't just throw away all the positives that Jacoby and Marlon have shown. There's a reason they were the original guys getting the snaps. Again, I wish we could find a trade partner and grab a CB or DL for Jacoby, but you have to play him.

-Love that we're getting HEALTHIER in Week 6, you almost never see that.

Keep the faith bro u the on!y one

I've always kept the faith. I was one of the few left in the stands after halftime in 1999 at a Thursday night game where the Chiefs were kicking the Ravens ass 38-8.

It was a low point on my feelings about the new generation of Ravens fans.

Speaking of fans...I watched Ravens report last night and there was a great segment on the huge female base of Ravens fans...49%!!! :gorave:

They are a passionate, die hard bunch....even though you still never know exactly what they are trying to tell you...

ravensparade1*xx1000-562-0-0.jpg

I'm taking my daughter to today's game. She's in school and works for minimum wage. She told me she's buying a Ravens jersey today and you know how much they cost.

Priority's in order. Daddy raised her right. :yeah:

Edited by vmax