ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ranking the Ravens Defense after today

TBird

1) We agree on more than you realize.

2) You are missing what I stated, once again- Suggs and Dumervil, ends, have not been consistant this year, so far, nor at all last season.

3) I have stated from game one how much I thought of the interior linemen, including, especially McPhee and that he and they were the ones getting the pressure on qb's...

4) I stated that both Suggs & Dumervil were usually, this year, blocked by a tackle, Dumervil usually with just a tight end.

Those were my statements, for the season, not just for one game, as it has happened thus far. Please, stop trying to argue with me and prove me wrong, since it obviously blinds you to what I state.

And you keep missing the point why they aren't blocked. It's the giants taking up blockers just like Goose and Adams did on the SB 35 team. Again, Suggs was injured early and Doom was slowed down. He just got his quick first step back which is why he got his big sacks Sunday. You have an excuse for everything like the poor teams. Luck was sacked up the middle too and the guy was untouched. It keeps happening

vs all the teams, good and bad and that doesn't happen very often to Luck but it did for the same reason as Suggs was open.

Sunday will be a good test but the D kept Cinci to 23 points in Week 1 and it's much better now and as bad as the right side of

the secondary was that you always bitched about before held Julio Jones to just 1 TD and that was over Dominque Frank whom

we just took off the streets and in gravey time. That right side held the last two Os to 2 TDs and Ryan is a good QB with an arsenal

of weapons.

I thik you keep missing the point.

1) We agree on more than you realize.

2) You are missing what I stated, once again- Suggs and Dumervil, ends, have not been consistant this year, so far, nor at all last season.

Re-read my post. I addressed this in second sentence:

Again, Suggs was injured early and Doom was slowed down and just got his quick step back. He started off hot

last year but got hurt and hasn't been the same since til now.

3) I have stated from game one how much I thought of the interior linemen, including, especially McPhee and that he and they were the ones getting the pressure on qb's...

Yes and McPhee has been great and yes. I forgot about him, he too has been getting pressure. Another board has a thread wondering if we can keep him forever but I said this would happen before the season started. Brandon and Ngata are taking up most of the blocks. On the Jackson hit and numerous others it was Mosley coming in untouched, then Suggs up the middle. I said someone would be getting open with 4-5 blockers used up all the time and it's been McPhee, Suggs and Mosley. Take just Brandon Williams off the line and McPhee isnt so good and Suggs doesn't come thru untouched and more blockers are getting to the second level vs MOsley. Just look at the tapes. As I posted, Suggs actually hid behind the mammoth Ngata unseen as Ryan said, and then he cut tot he middle and came in untouched. On the Jackson hit it was Mosley from the outside when the o-line

was pushing everyone inside and McPhee on the other times. Just as I said someone will always get open and its been these gents.

I also stated that Doooom was slow. He's been slow since beginning of camp when Wagner was eating him up. Now he has re-gained his first

step which is the key for all great sackers and he has those sacks. Yea, it was a bad line but it didn't matter. He's back and hopefully Suggs is

too after having a bad back and thigh. Like Smurf said, Suggs is old now but he's still impacting even if it is vs a poor line.

4) I stated that both Suggs & Dumervil were usually, this year, blocked by a tackle, Dumervil usually with just a tight end.

Those were my statements, for the season, not just for one game, as it has happened thus far. Please, stop trying to argue with me and prove me wrong, since it obviously blinds you to what I state.

Hope that clears things up. To recap:

McPhee is doing great as a stud, so is Mosley and Doooom and Suggs have come back from slow starts for various reasons

and Ngata and Brandon are making it happen by taking up most of the blockers.

Also, the secondary has improved holding Julio to just 1 TD which came in gravey time near the end of game and vs a guy

we just picked off the street - Dominique Frank.

All that is just my humble opinion as right as it is. :sing:

LOL - Right-on, man.

Ok, I'm watching the tape now.

1st qtr with 5:50 left, Atlanta on our 20, Ryan throws to RB behind line of scrimmage and McPhee rushes in untouched. Blew right by his man. He only had 1 blocker who looked very confused, kept looking around totally confused so like T posted above it was a bad line but so be it.

Ryan got rid of the ball before McPhee hits him and chases the guy all the way across the field and forces him out of bounds on the 18.

Next play with 5:30 left, McPhee rushes by the same guy and hits Ryan who fumbles.

Remember I said earlier that Mosley nailed Jackson for a loss on 3rd and 1. On Mcphee's strip and fumble, they had 3 blockers blocking MOsley up the middle. Ngata and Brandon weren't even in the game getting a rest so they focused on Mosley.

That allowed McPhee to breeze thru untouched to strip the ball from Ryan but also,

McClellan was in the backfield after pushing his man back. He picked up the fumble caused by McPhee.

Jernigan our #2 draft pick was in on that play and pushed his man back as did Suggs on the opposite side who got penetration but in that case they had 3 blockers on Mosley who was the key on that play that allowed McPhee to go in

untouched to cause the fumble and Mcclellen to pick it up after beating the

shit out of his blocker.

LOL - In our next offensive series Joe throws the interception in the end zone but radio guys

said Torrey has to make the play to stop him from catching it like Sr did on the other side even

though he got the penalty he prevented the TD. Torrey just doesn't seem to think at times.

On Atlanta's first play they get 3 yds on run by Jackson.

On the next play Oher must have been playing because it's a false start on Falcons. I

mean that same lineman who was looking around before looked scared shitless and moved

straight back before the ball was snapped.

Again, Brandon is double teamed up the middle but Suggs gets into the QB as the flags

drop along with half the defense -lol.

Next play is Jackson up the middle for 2 yds with everyone double teamed up the middle.

Suggs penetrates on the next play putting pressure on Ryan who throws to the opposite

side for no gain.

Ryan completes next pass for 2 yd gain-lol. Falcons punt. JJ with nice return.

Ravens do nothing but punt. They do nothing. Pierce scores TD on next series

after Torrey goes out of bounds on 1. 14-0.

Atlanta has the ball with 1:15 left in the half. Ryan drops back to throw and Suggs hits him getting penetration once again. So despite his sack and safety Suggs is constantly getting in the backfield. he hits Ryan on shoulder as he's throwing and D. Smith knock ball down almost getting an interception but Suggs makes that play happen.

And, on that play Ngata isn't in but they have 3 blockers once again on Mosley

up the middle which allowed Suggs to come around beating his man. Suggs

is extremely fast in this game. Looks like he's back.

Atlanta punts and JJ fumbles the ball. UGH!

On the next play Doooooom sacks Ryan beating his man. Only had 1 blocker.

Brandon is double teamed.

On next play Pees puts 7 guys on the line and rushes 6 putting pressure

on Ryan who throws incomplete. Looked like Boller in Chicago that night like

a deer in bright lights-lol.

Ball was thrown straight into Jimmy's hands and he drops it.

Atlanta misses FG as ball bounces off the left goal post -lol.

Joe brings them back down to 20 as Tucker ends the half with a FG.

Nice catch by Torrey on the 20 to set up the FG.

End of half - Ravens 17-0.

So what I learned from watching the tape, and this is what's bad about watching in a bar

because you don't see this stuff, is that when Mosley wasn't getting in the backfield he was often double or trippled teamed up the middle when Ngata or Brandon were out.

McPhee was a hero and only had 1 very confused blocker. Doooooom had only 1 blocker on his sack. McClellen was a hero who recovered the fumble and only

had 1 blocker as the interiors had a couple.

Suggs was in the backfield adding pressure most of the 1st half forcing incompletions twice and he had at least 2 QB hits in the first half besides his heroics in the second half.

The defense will be a force from here on out but this game in Cinci will be the test.

So what I learned from watching the tape, and this is what's bad about watching in a bar

because you don't see this stuff, is that when Mosley wasn't getting in the backfield he was often double or trippled teamed up the middle when Ngata or Brandon were out.

McPhee was a hero and only had 1 very confused blocker. Doooooom had only 1 blocker on his sack. McClellen was a hero who recovered the fumble and only

had 1 blocker as the interiors had a couple.

Suggs was in the backfield adding pressure most of the 1st half forcing incompletions twice and he had at least 2 QB hits in the first half besides his heroics in the second half.

The defense will be a force from here on out but this game in Cinci will be the test.

Yep. Cincy will be in desperation max mode and throwing the damn kitchen sink at us. We will need to play a sound, errorless game - in all 3 phases - to win.

Yea, I watched the 2d half of the game and on his second sack he's facing their TE who hits him and

Doooom bounces off and moves around him for the sack. He's so quick. Again it's his first step. He was injured

after getting 10 sacks last year in Chicago and hasn't been the same since til recently. Wagner did well vs him

in camp but he was still hampered.

Third qtr starts off the way it ended with a Tucker FG. There was a 49 yd catch and run by SR. It was a dunk and

slam, only a 2 yrd pass from Joe and he cut across the middle and down the field. He was so open, nobody was around

him or in the middle of the field because Torrey and jj took their men deep so Kubes beat them with a dunk and slam.

Suggs starts off the 2d half in their backfield and again, his first step is so fast. He chased Ryan out of the pocket who

runs to his right and makes an across the body throw to his left for a completion but only for 2 yds. Suggs was past

his blocker in one step. In the first two plays he forced Ryan out of the pocket even though he didn't get a sack.

then on the next play they run at him for no gain.

On Doooooom's forced fumble, Brandon and Ngata weren't in the game again. McPhee had 3 blockers on him and

Jernigan had 1 who pushed his man straight back into the pocket which collapsed on Ryan's left side. MOsley came

up the middle but someone picked him up and hit him forcing him to his left but he is so quick he got back into

the QB when Dooooom hit him but McPhee had 3 blockers on him up the middle. That's what made the sack work.

BTW, Franks the guy we got off the street made a 1 handed interception while defending Roddy White who

has hurt us in the past. Like I said, julio got his TD over Franks during gravey time.

3rd qtr, 2 mins left and they run at Suggs again with the same result - no gain. Ryan passes for shot gain. Another run for short gain.

3rd qtr, 15 secs left and Ryan is forced out of his pocket dropping back fast, makes the completion at los but Webbie levels him,

almost knocks him out for no gain. Way to go Webbie.

4th qtr, 13;05 left and Campy makes a nice side line catch. What a pickup in 7th round for Ozzie.

Nice run by Pierce down to the 30 yd line. Taliaferro for no gain, stopped in backfield.

LOL - ATlanta should have an INT but SR fouls his man to break it up and draws flag, of course but no INT. ILMAO

LOL again- Koch back to punt and takes a delay of game penalty to move backward so he can angle the ball out in

the corner. Mike Smith is besides himself on side line. Nothing is going right for him. Kock pins them back.

Ryan hits White on right side but he drops ball, bounces off and elam almost has intercept.

Pass complete to TE at 50.

NOTE; THIS IS THE GRAVEY TIME I POSTED ABOVE. YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE D LETTING UP. THERE'S

NOT AS MUCH PRESSURE ON RYAN AS BEFORE. DEFENSE MUST BE GETTING TIED. BALL DOWN TO 35.

RYAN HITS WHITE AT 14. JIMMY GETS CALLED FOR FACE MASKING ON 10. HE DIDN'T MEAN TO.

BALL ON 5 WITH 7:20 LEFT IN GAME. RYAN HITS JULIO FOR TD OVER FRANKS.

ALL THOSE PASSES WERE OPPOSITE JIMMY SMITH'S SIDE.

OK, 4th qtr, and the pressure is back on. Atlanta on their 10 and their pushed back and Ravens get their sack.

On this play Suggs is lined up on left but pulls a stunt and comes up the middle untouched. Dooooom hit Ryan at the same

time but suggs strips him of the ball. Jernigan is in the back field too but Suggs is bent down low hiding behind Ngata who

is doubled teamed but Suggs is reading the keys. He's in front of the LT who is looking to his right at Ngata. He knew he

was going to hit Ngata and the guard hits Ngata so Suggs cuts to the middle and crashes into Ryan untouched with

Dooooom arriving from the other side a split second later.

Dooooom only has one blocker, Suggs has none. Jernigan has one and beats his man. Jernigan is gonna be a nice

player in the future. He's not impacting but making his presence felt as a rookie.

Exactly.

Thats why I posted the plays where they ran right at him after Suggs forced Ryan

out of the pocket on the other side of the field. Then they run at him twice in row

for no gain.

Mike Smith is one dumb coach. He used to be the DBs coach here under Billick who

is his brother in law.