ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

KO and Monroe need to start Sunday

vmax

I've seen enough of Hurst. Now he's adding penalties to his resume'.

Give him a year in the weight room.

KO and Monroe are huge keys to this offense. Joe needs protection against the good defenses that can get after the passer...

and...

I don't know if anybody is noticing this but, other than Forsett, the Ravens have no runner producing yards.

Pierce is averaging 3.6 and Taliferro is getting 4.5 but both runners production has fallen off lately.

This could be a weakness. Forsett needs to have some complimentary runners to spell him. He can't carry the load for 16+ games.

• Upvote 1

KO and Monroe are huge keys to this offense. Joe needs protection against the good defenses that can get after the passer...

and...

I don't know if anybody is noticing this but, other than Forsett, the Ravens have no runner producing yards.

Pierce is averaging 3.6 and Taliferro is getting 4.5 but both runners production has fallen off lately.

This could be a weakness. Forsett needs to have some complimentary runners to spell him. He can't carry the load for 16+ games.

Agreed, I was a bit surprised at the number of carries they gave Forsett yesterday. Especially with that lead, I was expecting them to mix it up a bit more.

KO and Monroe being back will be huge, but aside from the Penalties on Hurst, he and Urschel have filled in admirably. No need to rush anyone back at this stage, I'm happy these young guys got some PT and showed us we have some depth that we thought was sorely lacking.

I think Hurst and Urschel have done a good job. Wonder if they can get Hurst to change his number?

Max, from what I am seeing, and it goes back to preseason, Forsett seems to be the only back that understand the zone blocking. Thought that Taliferro was understanding some what. Forsett will slide across the line, find the hole and he is gone.

I think Hurst and Urschel have done a good job. Wonder if they can get Hurst to change his number?

Max, from what I am seeing, and it goes back to preseason, Forsett seems to be the only back that understand the zone blocking. Thought that Taliferro was understanding some what. Forsett will slide across the line, find the hole and he is gone.

Ii think you're right. From my endzone view, the running lanes were there.

Maybe Pierce and Taliferro are not getting enough touches to get in a rhythm.

I guess I shouldn't worry. The Ravens have the #3 rushing attack after 7 games in yards....in part, because they choose to run more than other teams.

They are 11th in ypc....this is a more telling number....but 4.5 ypc is not too shabby.

and...

max, your spot on. Against a weak Atl defense,

we should have run the ball down their throats. Instead, we farted around and took our foot off the gas. We didn't run block well, which led to a couple of poorly executed pass plays and picks by Joe.

We can't pull that crap against the likes of Cincy or Pittsburgh.

Let's get our stud OL back in there and get ready to battle the AFCN foes.

If they're not ready would you have Jah Reid and Gino playing out there?

That sounds like an excellent option.

max, your spot on. Against a weak Atl defense,

we should have run the ball down their throats. Instead, we farted around and took our foot off the gas. We didn't run block well, which led to a couple of poorly executed pass plays and picks by Joe.

We can't pull that crap against the likes of Cincy or Pittsburgh.

Let's get our stud OL back in there and get ready to battle the AFCN foes.

The first pick was mostly Torrey's fault by allowing himself to get boxed out. The 2nd pick was all joe. He threw right into a double team. He was to greedy there.

looking better....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Offensive tackle Eugene Monroe and guard Kelechi Osemele both were on the field at the start of Wednesday's practice, a positive sign that the Baltimore Ravens could have the left side of their offensive line back for Sunday's first-place showdown with the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Ravens haven't had Monroe and Osemele play in the same game since Week 3. They're both dealing with knee injuries.

Monroe moved around well in the media viewing portion of practice (first 30 minutes), and Osemele sported a brace on his right knee. They practiced last Thursday, but they were listed as doubtful after not practicing Friday.

The only players not practicing were tight end Owen Daniels, who typically gets the day off, and defensive end Chris Canty, who has missed the past three games with an infection in his wrist.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/14645/kelechi-osemele-eugene-monroe-return-to-practice-for-ravens

Yea, we definitely need our A team vs this front line but Hurst did have his moments. He sprung SR on his 49 yd run getting to the second level after a 2 yard catch and he sprung Forsett on his 20 yd run. His man, Massaquoi was too quick for him except for when Hurst beat him on the SR play.

Hurst had 3 penalties and 7 missed blocks out of 62, 2 QB hits, 1 pressure for his 2d poor game out of 4 but what did you expect from an undrafted rookie. Besides we still won all the games he was in except the Indy game when HARBs left him on an island by himself, same as Sunday.

All that vs a bad team so we definitely need Monroe but think about this. He won't be so

fast and good after being laid up for 4 weeks. Just saying ya know?