ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It is now time to talk about the draft

tsylvester

Ozzie says here he'll pick the BAA and stick to his board and believes

defense wins championships and added, I was an on offense in NFL.

Sometimes the board just stacks up for defense as the BAA like last

year.

Maycock has Ravens drafting Marcus Peters and Maxx Strong in

first two rounds. That would be awesome but Peters has baggage

so remember the sign on the door.

But several players are dropping like Dupree because of poor 40 time

and Strong because of injured hand and someone has us getting

Jaelen Collins but remember, Cleve, Piss and Cinci are drafting in

front of us and need defensive help. I don't see Collins or Peters

dropping to us but possibly Dupree and Strong.

I could see the Steelers drafting Dupree. They need young pass rushers and during his time as Steelers coach Tomlin has annually attended the UK Pro Day in person (he's also friends with Pittsburgh native John Calipari).

But they are desperate for secondary help as we saw in the POs

and would go for Jaelen Collins or Marcus Peters. TP just

retired.

I keep seeing the RBs mocked to us in the 1st and I pray we don't "waste" a pick on a 1st round RB. There are so many guys available later in the draft that are only a notch below Gordon and Gurley.

I think we end up with a CB in the 1st. There are a number of guys projected to go in or around our pick with Peters, Collins and Johnson mentioned most often. I think we wait until the 2nd round for a receiver and might use a 4th round pick to move up in the 2nd to get someone who is mentioned as a 1st/2nd round prospect.

Given the issues with Peters, if they stick to their "attitude rocks" they will not go for him. I could see a corner taken at 26, since both Webb and Smith are costly and injury prone, they could use one. I just don't think there are any worthy, who will be left, at 26 including Collins, Peters, Johnson.

They can easily get the same talent and the "potential" from later in round 2, maybe even round 3, with the likes of the U's (of Ohio), Quinten Rollins, who also projects to be a safety, which the Ravens have missed on in the past two drafts.....

Ditto.

There won't be a good CB left for us. Collins and Peters will be gone

and Kevin Johnson long gone. The top CB will go in the top 10 or 15.

The run on pass rushers will drop somebody good and it could be

Mel Gordon. Id be excited. We'd have another Jamal to wear the

defense down and we can still get our corner and receiver later on.

Oh gosh I certainly hope not. While Lewis was good it was only for a short time and he never really got out of the stutter step.

Gordon is much the same way, in the stutter department only. He is not a power back, don't let his size fool you. He got stuffed up the middle more often than a turkey at ThanksGiving. He doesn't catch well out of the back field, has trouble hanging onto the ball being stripped often enough to say he is a fumbler & is a terrible blocker. If any back has bust written on him, it is Gordon

Good point about Mel but someone will take him and Gurley

in the first round and Ravens have interviewed him twice

brining him in here for a workout so they are interested but

if someone like Dupree or Shane Ray drop it will be one

of them.

Hey - I wanted Ron Dayne from Wisconsin

in the Jamal draft because Jamal was injury prone and sure

enough he cost us a 2d SB trophy going out on the first day

of camp.

Ozzie always said we would have won 2 SBs but Shannah Sharpe

always says we should have won w/o Jamal but the team lost

it's swagger.

Meanwhile Dyne did nothing in the pros. Could this happen to Gordon.

Thank Buddy Lee for the Jamal injury and our shot to repeat, but also thank whoever made the decision to release Dilfer and get Grbac.

Eh, it wasn't the Grbec signing that cost them, it was the babies on the team and who ever thought the right tackle position was a revovling door position. If they had beat Pit, they go all the way. If Jason Brown stays with his block a second longer, Grbec hits Q for a long touchdown instead of it getting picked off because Elvis was hit as he threw to a wide open Q.

That play changed the entire game.

Would anyone take Funchess if he fell to us in the second round? We need a TE. He's not quite a TE but could certainly play a flex role for us.

It depends who else is available and who we take in the 1st. There are some decent true TEs available in the draft including the Miami TE who is expected to go sometime in the 2nd round.

Would anyone take Funchess if he fell to us in the second round? We need a TE. He's not quite a TE but could certainly play a flex role for us.

No, he is a head case with no true position, Butler/Brown/Aiken are just as good if not better than he is and they are hard workers; him, not so much.

Another one bites the dust........ Shane Ray

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/27/nfl-draft-prospect-shane-ray-reportedly-busted-for-marijuana/

Monday brought reports that Missouri defensive end Shane Ray was busted for marijuana possession after getting pulled over for a traffic violation. Brandon Kiley of KTGR was first to pass along an arrest report by the Missouri State Police, in which a 21-year-old male named Shane M. Ray was cited for “1) possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana 2) fail to drive in the right lane of the highway with two or more lanes.”

Would you take Ray if he falls?

No, I've never been a fan of the Mizzu players who appear to be great pass rushers. Add to that his foot, which can be a chronic issue and the fact this team just doesn't need to spend that type of draft pick at 26. Some are saying Ray may now fall to the 2nd, possibly the 3rd, but I highly doubt it.