ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It is now time to talk about the draft

tsylvester

Mel's newest mock has 4 wide outs going in the top 10, the 4th, Perriman...

Were the draft to go that way, I would hope the Ravens turn to Kentucky for a hybrid, multi-talented Dupre...

That's wasn't just his mock draft, that was his big board! He even had Perriman ABOVE Parker (9 and 10, respectively). I will give Kiper credit for having Perriman as a first round pick before anyone even had him on their board, but in the top ten of all the players in the draft, above Parker nonetheless, is bold.

I think there is going to be a run on offensive linemen and the WRs will fall. It's a deep class for WRs so I think teams will pass given its a shallow draft at other positions.

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whaddya know, two of the deepest talent pools in the 2015 NFL Draft are wide receiver and pass rusher. Having just gained three compensatory picks -- it's not really the offseason until Ozzie gets his picks! -- Baltimore will enter the college marketplace with 10 selections, including six in the first four rounds. With that kind of currency, I expect the Ravens to do what they do: find gems, increase depth and generally win the draft.

Baltimore will draft Smith's replacement -- in fact, I expect Ozzie to double-dip at receiver -- and find some pass-rush help to atone for the loss of McPhee. With Dennis Pitta's status still up in the air, the Ravens will grab a tight end. They'll upgrade the defensive backfield and further improve an already-stout offensive line. They'll snag some true difference-makers, guys like C.J. Mosley, who received my vote for 2014 Defensive Rookie of the Year. Simply put, they'll crush it.

And by next month, you should be looking at the Ravens as serious title contenders .http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483184/article/ravens-in-super-bowl-50-do-your-draft-thing-ozzie-newsome

:bow: :gorave: :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind Goldman. Spend our #1 on BPA. Maybe trade up and get 2-3rd picks and take a CB,TE, and WR.

Goldman would be nice, but I don't think he'll be around at #26. However, I'm willing to bet the farm that Ozzie will pull the string on a DE that can be converted to LB/DE to replace Pernell McPhee and eventually Suggs when he retires.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/04/03/pj-williams-florida-state-dui/25265771/

stupid is as stupid does........

TALLAHASSEE — Former Florida State defensive back P.J. Williams was arrested and charged with driving under the influence early Friday morning in Tallahassee.

Williams, whose full name is Kenneth Lamar Williams, was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. ET by the Florida State University Police Department after he made an illegal left turn on Dewey Street out of the McDonald's parking lot. There is a posted sign prohibiting a left turn.

He was driving the rental car on a suspended license, according to court records.

;;;;

Williams declared to enter the 2015 NFL draft after his junior season on the Seminoles football team, and was projected by many to be a first-round pick after his performance during FSU's pro day on Tuesday.

The more I think about the draft in round one, the more I'm thinking we're going to wind up with one of the two running backs, Gurley or the other guy whose name I don't remember(I hate senior moments). I think all the wide receivers of 1st round quality will be gone by the time we draft with the possible exception of DGB whom I don't think we would draft because of his baggage. Also, there are still good receivers around in later rounds. We'll take the best player available I have a feeling it will be one of the 2 running backs.

I agree, Papa, but it's hard not to pick a playmaker that falls into your lap, especially when he's the highest ranked still on the board.

I'd still rather see us draft a WR who falls to us or maybe Maxx, though I'm not sure he's really first round talent. We don't really have any control on who's going to drop to us. But somebody good will.

I think Williams will still be there at 26. I'd like to see a WR if one of the top ones falls but they might wait on that until later. A pass rusher may be there too.

Interesting about the trade down. Although if I remember correctly, the last time we did that, we wound up with Kindle and Cody, didn't we?

It is when you don't have them rated in the 1st round. The position as a whole does not rate as a 1st round option anymore. They are going the way of the FG kicker and Punter.

Good lord...what an exaggeration. Gurley and Gordon are the 1st RBs in quite a while to have a 1st round grade. Gurley is a much better fit for us than Gordon. If we pass a special talent in Gurley (doubt he will there) for someone like Williams or Strong, I will be incredibly disappointed.

I agree their value has declined, but to state they "are going the way of kickers and punters" is ridiculous. We also haven't had a special talent like Gurley in quite a while. He is Jamal Lewis and would easily be a top 10 pick (if not top 5) were it not for his knee injury.