ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

bullshit call on smith sr

cravnravn

LOL - You beat me to it about the shades.

Smurf missed the part where SR grabbed the jersey with both hands. He's been doing that since he got here and really

going back his entire career and gets away with it a lot but not Sunday. That's because he usually uses one hand to]

push off on. Like the announcer in Tampa said, his hand is so fast that the Refs don't even see it as he caught a long

TD after pushing off and knocking the guy down. I was shocked when I saw it but Sunday he used both hands and the

Refs were there to see it. They were looking for it. There was a similar play in week 1 here, that the Refs didn't call

so chalk it up to home field advantage.

Smurf - now go look at it again especially where SR grabs the jersey with both hands with the REf right therYea, the defender did some play acting but it wasn't needed because was still an obvious push and knock down. You just can't do that but SR does and it finally caught up to him at the wrong time for us.

In a final note, the NFL has made rule changes that favor the WR and the passing game because that's what

sells the game but there are no rules allowing receivers to throw the DB down with both hands at least not yet.

I'm sure it's coming. LOL

So you watch fist take papa, that explains a lot........ :fishin:

I like Stephen A. On this he is wrong. Eric Allen is the guy I agree with.

LOL - You beat me to it about the shades.

Smurf missed the part where SR grabbed the jersey with both hands. He's been doing that since he got here and really

going back his entire career and gets away with it a lot but not Sunday. That's because he usually uses one hand to]

push off on. Like the announcer in Tampa said, his hand is so fast that the Refs don't even see it as he caught a long

TD after pushing off and knocking the guy down. I was shocked when I saw it but Sunday he used both hands and the

Refs were there to see it. They were looking for it. There was a similar play in week 1 here, that the Refs didn't call

so chalk it up to home field advantage.

Smurf - now go look at it again especially where SR grabs the jersey with both hands with the REf right therYea, the defender did some play acting but it wasn't needed because was still an obvious push and knock down. You just can't do that but SR does and it finally caught up to him at the wrong time for us.

In a final note, the NFL has made rule changes that favor the WR and the passing game because that's what

sells the game but there are no rules allowing receivers to throw the DB down with both hands at least not yet.

I'm sure it's coming. LOL

SS commits OPI all the time. This time he was basically standing still so it was obvious. He is strong as an ox. He mussles guys as good as anyone.

Exactly, and he's a little dude too. He looks like a midget compared to the linemen but he's a tough

muther who out muscles people. Most of the time he gets away with it. Sunday he didn't.

As far as the throw, did you notice that Joe was under pressure. I mean, everyone knew he had to pass

so here's a recap of the play.

47 seconds left with ball on the 20.

Joe takes snap from shot gun.

45 seconds Joe sets up to pass. Nobody is open as SR is still running down the sideline.

Big #98 of Bengals pushes Wagner straight into Joe who steps up in pocket.

Joe bumps into Zuttah as pocket collapses.

Joe rolls to his right and throws on the run, not setting up properly but ball goes from

his 18 down to the Bengals 23 yard line in the air when SR caught the ball with 39 seconds

left.

Most QBs only get 2 secs to throw.

We lost the game when Jimmy left. They really picked on Franks especially on their last TD

drive. Brooks was also in the game and didn't do well. Julio Jones scored on Franks last week.

As TSylvester has been saying all year, the secondary is in deep poop.

We lost the game when Jimmy left. They really picked on Franks especially on their last TD

drive. Brooks was also in the game and didn't do well. Julio Jones scored on Franks last week.

Agree 150 %. They had Sanu and w/o Jimmy we had no answer. Still, we were a borderline OPI call and/or 4th and goal TD from Cincy from winning this game .

All said, there's a damn fine (ultra thin) line between winning and losing. Had the refs not called OPI or we stop the Bengals on 4th and goal, the media would be anointing us

us the AFCN champs and the Bengals would have been judged losers, underachievers, Marvin would have been done and their fan base would be talking 2015 draft status.

Instead, the Bengals are in fat city, and we are dead in the water.

Amazing how 1 or 2 plays can affect a team's season !!!!

nto

Dalton checked down on that 4th down play. It was a ballsy move. Anyone one of us could have run

it in. Pees was outcoached there.

There were a lot more plays than 1 or 2 that effected the outcome - 27 points worth of plays with Sanu making a

long catch in the first half and a flea flicker for them in the 2d half for a long game putting them on the short

field both times. Then there were the drives - a long drive at the end with some good plays by Dalton who

seems to save his best for us.

There were some freak plays where Joe throws a pick at the top of the 2d half because he threw to the

area where Torrey was supposed to be but Torrey never gets there because he pulled up lame and the

ball is intercepted. There were 3 Bengals around the ball, no Ravens.

There was also their goal line stand vs Ravens that worked because Aiken dropped the ball. Joe put it in there for him, a little low, but he dropped it. It was like the pass to Boldin several years ago in Piss that he dropped. It was a little low but Boldin said he should have had it.

Besides all the bad plays by Ravens there was so much bad coaching like the goal line stand above and they

stopped running once again. Taliaferro was like a bull and they stopped using him. Cinci fans were greatful. Ravens

always seem to abandon the run when it's working and go pass crazy. This goes back to Billick.

Another play and It was funny but during the press conf a reporter asked HARBs about going for it instead of kicking a FG and getting 3. HARBs said what happened next. Reporter said they got the ball. HARBs said what happened

next. Reporter said they didn't go far and punted. HARBs said what happened next? Reporter said Ravens

get the ball. HARBs said what happened next. Tucker gets the FG.

BINGO! HARBS STILL GOT 3 POINTS IN HIS WAY OF THINKING. ILMAO.

Again, we haven't matched up vs their DBs for the past couple of years which is why they've been beating

us last 3 of 4 games. Don't forget that when you say 1 or 2 plays. It was a lot more than that but you're

right, we were still in it at the end and with our best 2 corners out of the game.

As soon as Jimmy was carted off I said game over.

I still reflect on the Lee Evans drop 25 seconds til the Super Bowl and what might have been. Then Billy Goat's FG miss after that.

Plenty of chances to go to the SB and we missed. That was our SB and we would have won it. That 2011 Ravens team was

better than the 2012 team that won it. That was our SB window.

These 1 or 2 plays go way back to when Billick was here and blowing the 06 playoffs calling for a pick up the middle and

he didn't run Jamal who begged him to. That was also our SB.

Ozzie should have at least 2 more rings with all the talent he gave his coaches but 1 or 2 plays kept him from getting them.

That Lee Evens game I look at the whole game before that. That should not have been an issue. Why didn't the Ravens run that game. If I remember correctly Rice was gouging NE over 5 ypc that game. I think he had 15 touches. Had they given a steady diet of the run game the Ravens would not have had to comeback at the end.

Also Billick decided not to hurt Grbac's feeling in the PO's. He shoudl have put Randal in when Elvis wet the bed in the first half. I think Randal could have won that game only playing the 4th.

Exactly and like I posted above, Ravens always go away from the run when it's working, just like Sunday and just like

in the 06 playoffs with Billick. They've always done that. Drives me nuts.

And as you say that game should have never been influenced by Lee Evans.

And when it comes to abandoning the run. the Ravens are in big, big company. All coaches and OCs get a boner from the verticall phase and prematurely abandon the run game.

It won't happen, but with our Swiss cheese secondary, I would have Forset, Pierce and Taliefero run the ball 40-50 times on Sunday night. Take some heat off the D, give Joe a little balance in the offense, and establish our 3 headed monster. It won't happen, Joe will pass 40-50 times on Sunday night and he'll pass on 3rd or 4th and 1. Yep, it'll happen and that's damn frustrating but it's what we do and most of the league does.

Dalton checked down on that 4th down play. It was a ballsy move. Anyone one of us could have run

it in. Pees was outcoached there.

There were a lot more plays than 1 or 2 that effected the outcome - 27 points worth of plays with Sanu making a

long catch in the first half and a flea flicker for them in the 2d half for a long game putting them on the short

field both times. Then there were the drives - a long drive at the end with some good plays by Dalton who

seems to save his best for us.

There were some freak plays where Joe throws a pick at the top of the 2d half because he threw to the

area where Torrey was supposed to be but Torrey never gets there because he pulled up lame and the

ball is intercepted. There were 3 Bengals around the ball, no Ravens.

There was also their goal line stand vs Ravens that worked because Aiken dropped the ball. Joe put it in there for him, a little low, but he dropped it. It was like the pass to Boldin several years ago in Piss that he dropped. It was a little low but Boldin said he should have had it.

Besides all the bad plays by Ravens there was so much bad coaching like the goal line stand above and they

stopped running once again. Taliaferro was like a bull and they stopped using him. Cinci fans were greatful. Ravens

always seem to abandon the run when it's working and go pass crazy. This goes back to Billick.

Another play and It was funny but during the press conf a reporter asked HARBs about going for it instead of kicking a FG and getting 3. HARBs said what happened next. Reporter said they got the ball. HARBs said what happened

next. Reporter said they didn't go far and punted. HARBs said what happened next? Reporter said Ravens

get the ball. HARBs said what happened next. Tucker gets the FG.

BINGO! HARBS STILL GOT 3 POINTS IN HIS WAY OF THINKING. ILMAO.

Again, we haven't matched up vs their DBs for the past couple of years which is why they've been beating

us last 3 of 4 games. Don't forget that when you say 1 or 2 plays. It was a lot more than that but you're

right, we were still in it at the end and with our best 2 corners out of the game.

Holy crap, TBird, are you reading my mind??

Hey Old Timers on the board: wasn't defensive PI a penalty whenever the DB even touched the receiver? And same on receiver vs. DB? I'm talking back in the '50s and '60s.

During the 50s and 60s defenders could do anything to a receiver they wanted including mugging and maiming until

the ball was in the air. After that no contact was allowed.

Then the bump and run was started by Willie Brown of the Raiders with the old AFL. Those recivers got mugged all the way down the field and continued til recently when they began changing the rules.

There's a vid some where on the net of Ben Davidson kicking Unitas in the stomach. A penalty was called on that and when a Bear did a belly flop on John's back as John was sprawled out on his stomach. He was called but should have been thrown out of the game. Unitas got even. On the next play he told Jim Paker, his tackle, to let the guy thrugh. Jim said what - John said just let him come in on me.

He daid and John threw the ball in his nuts from point blank range at 100 mph. They had to carry him

off the field.

There were no such penalties like we saw Sunday.

Today's game is bigger and faster but these pussies couldn't begin to play with those old guys.

One guy almost drowned on a field in NY. The grass was all worn off by October and it was a

dirt field. It rained all day and was muddy. There was a big puddle of water when Frank

Gifford was tackled and piled on. His head was actually pushed under the water and he almost

drowned. A teammate held it up til everyone got off.

Here's a history of the bump and run. Very interesting.

The bump and run came into pro football prominence in 1967 when Oakland Raider defensive back Willie Brown introduced it to the AFL. He started covering receivers at the line of scrimmage and without fear of being beaten deep he bumped and detoured receivers to the part of the field he chose for them. During this time in pro football the only time a defender had to be completely void of contact was when the ball was in the air. Until that time, physical contact was fair play.

http://talesfromtheamericanfootballleague.com/the-bump-and-run-boys-willie-brown-and-kent-mccloughan/

And when it comes to abandoning the run. the Ravens are in big, big company. All coaches and OCs get a boner from the verticall phase and prematurely abandon the run game.

It won't happen, but with our Swiss cheese secondary, I would have Forset, Pierce and Taliefero run the ball 40-50 times on Sunday night. Take some heat off the D, give Joe a little balance in the offense, and establish our 3 headed monster. It won't happen, Joe will pass 40-50 times on Sunday night and he'll pass on 3rd or 4th and 1. Yep, it'll happen and that's damn frustrating but it's what we do and most of the league does.

In one game this year JOe threw 60 times. Forget which one. Indy?

Of course you would, what would you expect from

A former db?

3 days later, its still a bullshit call

I agree with him. The Ravens have been built on a tradition of D. I said when they changed the rules for Peyton that it hurts teams like the Ravens. Why do you think Manning broke all these records? Without the rule change he would be thousands of yds and over 100 TD's away from the record now. They changed the rule but said both sides are in effect on it. WR's generally get away with push offs while running. When they are standing around they can get caught for it.

During the 50s and 60s defenders could do anything to a receiver they wanted including mugging and maiming until

the ball was in the air. After that no contact was allowed.

Then the bump and run was started by Willie Brown of the Raiders with the old AFL. Those recivers got mugged all the way down the field and continued til recently when they began changing the rules.

There's a vid some where on the net of Ben Davidson kicking Unitas in the stomach. A penalty was called on that and when a Bear did a belly flop on John's back as John was sprawled out on his stomach. He was called but should have been thrown out of the game. Unitas got even. On the next play he told Jim Paker, his tackle, to let the guy thrugh. Jim said what - John said just let him come in on me.

He daid and John threw the ball in his nuts from point blank range at 100 mph. They had to carry him

off the field.

There were no such penalties like we saw Sunday.

Today's game is bigger and faster but these pussies couldn't begin to play with those old guys.

One guy almost drowned on a field in NY. The grass was all worn off by October and it was a

dirt field. It rained all day and was muddy. There was a big puddle of water when Frank

Gifford was tackled and piled on. His head was actually pushed under the water and he almost

drowned. A teammate held it up til everyone got off.

Thanks! I think that sounds reasonable, They ought to bring that rule back.