ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

bullshit call on smith sr

cravnravn

The ball was late because Flacco was under durress (Oline was a joke on that final drive). I thought the call was BS based on the situation. The Bengals have one job to do there which is prevent the deep pass. Not exactly a difficult task based on how much time was left. If the Bengals screw that up you don't bail them out with a OPI unless it's egregious.

It wasn't all game, that is my point. There was plenty of that going on all game for both sides and rarely called.

It never its and there always is. The fact that its rarely called is the only thing that approaches bothering me. When I look at the replay I think the call that was made needed to be called.

It never its and there always is. The fact that its rarely called is the only thing that approaches bothering me. When I look at the replay I think the call that was made needed to be called.

So far, about 50% of those all around the net and on tv/radio think the call was right, 50% think it was wrong. That pretty much says it should be a non call.

Take that same play, all things being equal and put it in the endzone with no time left on the clock, a hail mary as it were. No call would be made. Yes, by rule it should have been called, but also by rule the holding the DB all the way down the field and even just prior to Smith's "push" should have been called.

If the Db doesn't flop there is no call, since they didn't call it all game, there should be no call... But there was a call, this is why you don't leave it to the officials, it is over, time to move on....

Not sure I agree the call "needed to be made" only because on those "jump balls" where players are coming back to the ball or negotiating under it, there is always a lot of contact and motion. Both players were jockeying, both players took on the risk.

That said, I am tired of the offense getting the upperhand on everything in general. WRs are generally allowed to push and chop at defenders and initiate contact while DBs can hardly move without a flag these days. But if the league wants it that way, that's what they got on the Smith play.

I was listening on the radio on the way home when the play went down - Ismail and Sandusky were literally SCREAMING that the call might have been the most atrocious in history and that Smith didn't even "touch" the guy a millimeter. I saw otherwise when I got home; what dopes.

Not sure I agree the call "needed to be made" only because on those "jump balls" where players are coming back to the ball or negotiating under it, there is always a lot of contact and motion. Both players were jockeying, both players took on the risk.

That said, I am tired of the offense getting the upperhand on everything in general. WRs are generally allowed to push and chop at defenders and initiate contact while DBs can hardly move without a flag these days. But if the league wants it that way, that's what they got on the Smith play.

I was listening on the radio on the way home when the play went down - Ismail and Sandusky were literally SCREAMING that the call might have been the most atrocious in history and that Smith didn't even "touch" the guy a millimeter. I saw otherwise when I got home; what dopes.

it was very minimal contact, hand checking..It was an unnecessary flag.

Funny...if you look at the tape you'll see the DB put his hand out and makes contact with Smith before Smith makes contact with the DB.

It was a call that could have gone either way and it went against us this time.

Lets not forget about the Colts game, defensive holding on a field goal attempt, hasnt been called since 1977!!!! and of course that penalty led to a TD..