ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's Billick And Boller All Over Again.

rastaman831226

On your points, agree on point 1 and to some degree on 2 (in terms of the message getting stale).

Not with you on point 3 - Flacco is no dummy. He may not be a cerebral as Brady or Manning but he did win a SB.

Point 4 - not sure I agree here either.

I think Harbaugh got his mulligan last year after SB win. He gets one more after the Rice debacle.

My prediction is he's in the hot seat next year if we aren't in the playoff hunt or discussion.

On your points, agree on point 1 and to some degree on 2 (in terms of the message getting stale).

Not with you on point 3 - Flacco is no dummy. He may not be a cerebral as Brady or Manning but he did win a SB.

Point 4 - not sure I agree here either.

I think Harbaugh got his mulligan last year after SB win. He gets one more after the Rice debacle.

My prediction is he's in the hot seat next year if we aren't in the playoff hunt or discussion.

Sorry, it takes most QB's 3 years to figure out safety blitzes, when your QB hasn't done so in six, you're working with a dummy.

It's not Billick and Boller again, not even close. Boller set the franchise back 5 years in Billick's own words.

Joe already won the SB and MVP plus just about more PO games than any QB or close to it.

Boller had no where near that.

Billick won his SB ring early and then faded. HARBs finally got his. HARBs is second for most wins

amongst coaches.

In an age where the rules cater to the offense and some pretty pedestrian guys put up stupid numbers Joe has sat in the upper part of the middle tier. That does not scream you have to have him to me. But the Ravens are paying like that though. If Joe played for a price that is reasonable for his skills I say keep him. With that offset money you can drown a D with more offensive talent they can't defend.

In an age where the rules cater to the offense and some pretty pedestrian guys put up stupid numbers Joe has sat in the upper part of the middle tier. That does not scream you have to have him to me. But the Ravens are paying like that though. If Joe played for a price that is reasonable for his skills I say keep him. With that offset money you can drown a D with more offensive talent they can't defend.

There are qbs making more then Joe that haven't accomplished 1/9th of what Joe has accomplished, two off the top of my head are Ryan and Dalton, neither has even come close to a playoff win.

Why is joes contract the center of your conversation? Its the sign of the times, you get what you can get. Ain't a dam player in the NFL worth what they are paid.

The success of most head coaches in the NFL is tied to their QB. It's not Billick/Boller or Harbaugh/Flacco....it's all of them.

Look at the successful HC's...then look who the QB is.

There are exceptions, but they are few.

• Upvote 1

You want to know the bottom line? The QB position takes mental and physical toughness. Ben actually has both. Joe has just some physical toughness, but no mental toughness. Joe lookes scared yesterday, very scared. After Upshaw practically broke Ben's jaw, Ben got pissed and played his ass off. That's the difference. This has nothing to do with Harbaugh.

I would personally prefer Billick and Boller, because at least they were aware of and working on their faults. There is zero evidence of that from either the coach or the player over the past six years.

There is no physical evidence of Billick and Boller in any kind of photo like this....

ravens-super-bowl-2013-11-getty.jpg?w=60

I'd say Joe and John did some growing together.

You want to know the bottom line? The QB position takes mental and physical toughness. Ben actually has both. Joe has just some physical toughness, but no mental toughness. Joe lookes scared yesterday, very scared. After Upshaw practically broke Ben's jaw, Ben got pissed and played his ass off. That's the difference. This has nothing to do with Harbaugh.

Ben is also a future HOFer. Joe doesn't need to be at that level. He needs to put in more effort when he isn't mandated. He also needs to have faith in his guys. Build the chemistry and throw to the spot before he comes out of the break. That would have the ball coming out of his hand well before the PR gets to him.

There is no physical evidence of Billick and Boller in any kind of photo like this....

ravens-super-bowl-2013-11-getty.jpg?w=60

I'd say Joe and John did some growing together.

Teams have tripped their way into winning SB's before. I think the ravens did a yr and a half ago.