ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's Billick And Boller All Over Again.

rastaman831226

Well lets look at the last 5 games from 2012 until now.

Sunday
Dec. 2
Pittsburgh Steelers
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Lost 23-20 --- Sunday
Dec. 9
at Washington Redskins
FedEx Field, Landover, MD Lost 31-28
(OT)
--- Sunday
Dec. 16
Denver Broncos
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Lost 34-17 --- Sunday
Dec. 23 New York Giants
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 33-14 --- Sunday
Dec. 30
at Cincinnati Bengals
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH Lost 23-17

The playoffs

Sunday
Jan. 6 Indianapolis Colts
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 24-9 --- 2013 AFC Playoffs - Divisional Round Saturday
Jan. 12 at Denver Broncos
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO Won 38-35
(2 OT)
--- 2013 AFC Championship Game Sunday
Jan. 20 at New England Patriots
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA Won 28-13 --- Super Bowl XLVII Sunday
Feb. 3 San Francisco 49ers
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA Won 34-31

Thursday
Sept. 5
at Denver Broncos
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO Lost 49-27 --- Sunday
Sept. 15 Cleveland Browns
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 14-6 --- Sunday
Sept. 22 Houston Texans
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 30-9 --- Sunday
Sept. 29
at Buffalo Bills
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, NY Lost 23-20 --- Sunday
Oct. 6 at Miami Dolphins
Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL Won 26-23 --- Sunday
Oct. 13
Green Bay Packers
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Lost 19-17 --- Sunday
Oct. 20
at Pittsburgh Steelers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA Lost 19-16

Sunday
Nov. 3
at Cleveland Browns
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH Lost 24-18 --- Sunday
Nov. 10 Cincinnati Bengals
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 20-17 --- Sunday
Nov. 17
at Chicago Bears
Soldier Field, Chicago, IL Lost 23-20 --- Sunday
Nov. 24 New York Jets
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 19-3 --- Thursday
Nov. 28 Pittsburgh Steelers
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 22-20 --- Sunday
Dec. 8 Minnesota Vikings
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 28-26 --- Monday
Dec. 16 at Detroit Lions
Ford Field, Detroit, MI Won 18-16 --- Sunday
Dec. 22
New England Patriots
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Lost 41-7 --- Sunday
Dec. 29
at Cincinnati Bengals
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH Lost 34-17

---

Sunday
Sept. 7
Cincinnati Bengals
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Lost 23-16 --- Thursday
Sept. 11 Pittsburgh Steelers
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 26-6 --- Sunday
Sept. 21 at Cleveland Browns
FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH Won 23-21 --- Sunday
Sept. 28 Carolina Panthers
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 38-10 --- Sunday
Oct. 5
at Indianapolis Colts
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN Lost 20-13 --- Sunday
Oct. 12 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Bay, FL Won 48-17 --- Sunday
Oct. 19 Atlanta Falcons
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD Won 29-7 --- Sunday
Oct. 26
at Cincinnati Bengals
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH Lost 27-24 --- Sunday
Nov. 2
at Pittsburgh Steelers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA Lost 43-23

So I am seeing 18 wins and 16 that are red. And something else that is glaring. the only other 4 game winning streak that they have had over that period is the Jets, Stealers, Vikes, and Lions last yr. That was a hell of a gauntlet there. That playoffs definitely looks like an outlier to me.

Why do you pick 2012? And the last five games only? To my knowledge, Joe and John have been here since a bit earlier... Maybe other factors changed in that last stretch. Talk about a convenient sample...

Meanwhile, I know this may be simplifying things a bit - and I am certainly not happy with this team this year - but which part of Joe's game have up 6 touchdowns last night?

Is he or this offense supposed to score 44 points a game?

Because I am pointing out the outlier. Also it is not like the wins before that were staggering. Those wins still had Cam flailing around but the Ravens pulled out wins. Finally I think at the end of the 2012 schedule the team started losing control. It normalized for a short time for 4 games and hase been pretty chaotic since then. The Ravens are not a bad team but a mediocre one. They can beat the hell out of the bad teams but can fall apart to good teams.

It's fine for you to have that view, but it's hard to say a time is an outlier when you're intentionally using as limited sample. Over the full period Flacco had been here, the SB is a culmination or apex, not an outlier.

But if you grab a 30 game period, during which the team had it's first down year in half a decade, then yes, the wins will look a bit more unusual.

Either way though, I think lots of teams would love a winning record over that period of games.

I would personally prefer Billick and Boller, because at least they were aware of and working on their faults. There is zero evidence of that from either the coach or the player over the past six years.

I cannot believe what I just read. Are you saying you prefer having an Ego Maniac coach and an inept incapable QB who are aware they are terrible and wanted to be good but still failed miserably? You would take that over having a coach/qb combo that don't admit the few faults they have and have had incredible success during their time together because they wont admit to us their shortcomings.

I think we are getting carried away here. This team has major shortcomings in the defensive backfield which were magnified by the Jimmy Smith injury and the Webb injury. The offensive game plan did Joe no favors this week. I was under the impression the best way to slow a pass rush was with runs and screen passes. Not a single screen was thrown, the run was abandoned. That plus the turnovers and shortfields is the recipe for what occurred on Sunday night.

It's fine for you to have that view, but it's hard to say a time is an outlier when you're intentionally using as limited sample. Over the full period Flacco had been here, the SB is a culmination or apex, not an outlier.

But if you grab a 30 game period, during which the team had it's first down year in half a decade, then yes, the wins will look a bit more unusual.

Either way though, I think lots of teams would love a winning record over that period of games.

So Joe was getting better for 3 yrs. During his SB season Joe was at best struggling. Last yr was by far his worst yr. This season Joe when a team sucks is up amongst the best in the league. Then he plays a good team and he looks clueless. I just chose the sampleset on the downword side of his apex. I have chosen 43 consecutive games. That is not like picking out 3 here and 4 there.

So Joe was getting better for 3 yrs. During his SB season Joe was at best struggling. Last yr was by far his worst yr. This season Joe when a team sucks is up amongst the best in the league. Then he plays a good team and he looks clueless. I just chose the sampleset on the downword side of his apex. I have chosen 43 consecutive games. That is not like picking out 3 here and 4 there.

It's still an arbitrary choice as a split.

Either way, do you ignore that Joe worst year corresponds to the year our running game was a league worst (or close to it) in yards and yards per carry? Yes, Joe was bad last year. The whole team was bad. Associating bad play with losses is not exactly ground breaking. It doesn't establish a trend for a players talent alone.

OK. But then I look at that stat I heard on 98 Rock a few weeks back. When Joe throws 32 times or more I think the Ravens were 24-26. Whne it was below 32 times the Ravens were 41-8 I believe. That tells me that he requires a run game to be successful. It also tells me that he is a game mang.

I think you could find similar numbers on most QBs actually, though maybe Joe's number is lower than most. But more passes has never really been an indicator of more wins - frequently it is an indicator of playing from behind. When I have time, I'll go look at numbers from other QBs

I would totally agree that most would not be good with those numbers. Most are OK, good, or mediocre. Now Brees, Rodger, or Brady can carry a team for the most part. They are deserving of large dollars.

Trouble is, that's only 3 out of 32. And, by the way, Luck should be in that list.