ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O Line Huge Surprise and Performance

vmax

Come on...Hurst and Urschel starting against the Steelers in Pittsburgh!?

I'm sure some of us thought Joe was going to get mauled.

Nice night gentlemen. :gorave:

6355379_G.jpg

Despite being without both starting offensive tackles — Monroe was out with an ankle injury and right tackle Rick Wagner was ruled out for the season with a Lisfranc foot sprain that required surgery to repair the damage — the Ravens offensive line held up well Saturday night while starting two rookies in Hurst and right guard John Urschel.

Competing against Harrison and Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and his signature zone-blitz schemes, the Ravens only surrendered one sack. Flacco was hit four times, but generally had clear pathways to go through his progressions and locate receivers.

"I'm a rookie, so I'm still figuring it out," Hurst said. "It's great to learn from the guys that we have. A guy like Marshal Yanda, he does everything the right way. Urschel and myself learning from him, it's a great experience. This is going to be a great win in my career, and I'm excited to say I got it.
"It was real nerve-wracking. A rivalry, a playoff game, everything is a first for me. There were certainly a lot of nerves for me before the game. You just have to get into a groove and realize you are playing football." "http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-sidebar-0104-20150103-15-story.html#page=1

rc-rvns-steelers52.jpg

Solid job by the new guys and by Flacco to consistently get the ball out quickly.

I cannot stop mentally gushing about that KO play. Harrison beats Urshel, and sets his sights on an unaware Flacco. Ko pulls off his guy and pops Harrison at the last second, Flacco gets away and hits Torrey for the TD. There is no doubt in my mind KO saved a strip sack there, and we know how Harrison gets after he tastes blood. The crowd also would have been going nuts. If KO doesn't make that play I don't think we win.

Solid job by the new guys and by Flacco to consistently get the ball out quickly.

I cannot stop mentally gushing about that KO play. Harrison beats Urshel, and sets his sights on an unaware Flacco. Ko pulls off his guy and pops Harrison at the last second, Flacco gets away and hits Torrey for the TO. There is no doubt in my mind KO saved a strip sack there, and we know how Harrison gets after he tastes blood. The crowd also would have been going nuts. If KO doesn't make that play I don't think we win.

That was tremendous. A great play all around.