ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3-of-7 for 17 yards and a costly INT for a 10.7 passer rating

vmax

2.4 ypa. Against the 2's!

Oh! He also had a fumble.

I flipped out when he took the field. I wanted to see Joe finish the half because he really needs live game action with his inexperienced receivers to get some kind of familiarity, trust and timing down. He wasn't getting beat up.

The Ravens brass out thought themselves here in their back up QB search.

I can hear their thinking: "Well how about Schaub? He was in Gary's system and at one time, he put up great numbers. He's an experienced vet who could also give Joe some pointers. He's be a great option....perfect fit. Problem solved."

They forgot to call Gary who would have said, "He cost me my job!"

They forgot to call Oakland who would have said, "The man is done. Burned out with no confidence." He's the same head case as Grbac!

They forgot that they would have to give a 2 year contract, which in essence, is dead money against the CAP.

They ignored what their eyes saw on Schaub the last few years and instead listened to faulty logic.

Now they are stuck with this albatross.

Seriously....I left at halftime. I knew what was coming. And it came.

What do you think Hensley?

Fans at M&T Bank Stadium on Saturday night had to wonder who was wearing No. 8 for the Baltimore Ravens: Was it Matt Schaub or was it Kyle Boller again?

In 15 plays against the Washington Redskins, Schaub got sacked three times, threw one interception, fumbled once and made two off-target passes in the end zone. This looked more like a gag reel than a dress rehearsal for the backup quarterback.

It's probably too harsh to compare Schaub to Boller, who was wildly inconsistent in his six seasons in Baltimore. But, at least on one ill-advised pass in the third quarter, Schaub did cause some flashbacks to the other No. 8.http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/21521/matt-schaub-does-best-kyle-boller-impersonation-for-ravens

Schaub is acting like a pansy against possible fry cooks too...what's your point?

My point is and was, when Shaub went in, he was given no time at all because of two factors; the line not being able to hold a block for more than 1 second and the receivers unable to get open, nor get any seperation.

Is he a starting qb at this stage of his career? No, but a better back up than what the Ravens currently have or could have? yes.

As for fry cooks, the Skins didn't put them in until the middle of the 3rd quarter and even then, they mixed them in gradually. After the dust up with Harbs, Gruden wanted to rub the score in.

I don't know if Schaub is toast - none of us knows. But if he is, Ozzie needs to closely watch the final cuts - in the next week- and keep an eye out for a legit backup. We have been walking the tight wire with Joe for several years. I for one am not at all comfortable with either guy - Schaub or Rinner - as our backup this year.

I don't know if Schaub is toast - none of us knows. But if he is, Ozzie needs to closely watch the final cuts - in the next week- and keep an eye out for a legit backup. We have been walking the tight wire with Joe for several years. I for one am not at all comfortable with either guy - Schaub or Rinner - as our backup this year.

The Saints have an interesting QB situation. They drafted Garrett Greyson in the third round and have Ryan Griffin and Luke McCown competing to be the backup. Griffin is a solid QB prospect, but he was an undrafted rookie a couple of years ago and the Saints might want to go with the vet. I would be all for signing Griffin if he's let go, but I'm biased.

The Saints have an interesting QB situation. They drafted Garrett Greyson in the third round and have Ryan Griffin and Luke McCown competing to be the backup. Griffin is a solid QB prospect, but he was an undrafted rookie a couple of years ago and the Saints might want to go with the vet. I would be all for signing Griffin if he's let go, but I'm biased.

This years Raven vs. Saints game-remember it? I do and I'll take Ryan Grinffin in a heartbeat.