ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reality setting in...

varaven45

The Raiders played like I thought they would after getting blown out. We played like either like we were hungover from Denver or looking ahead to Cincy. Either way, we aren't a good team right now and Cincy ought to take us behind the woodshed next weekend and then the Stealers after that. I wonder what Peter King is thinking about his Super Bowl pick now .

That defense was atrocious. Wow. No pass rush and no coverage. Pees has been here how many years and there is still weekly miscommunication in the secondary...with players that aren't new. Wtf? I like Webb but I've given up hope he is anything more than a one year wonder. CJ is a good player but he's not an impact player and that is what the d sorely lacks right now.

On offense The lack of a playmaker at wideout is really evident. Flacco is not accurate enough to make plays in critical moments with the pedestrian receiver squad. Even when Perriman comes back I'm not sure he's the playmaker this o needs to make an impact when the game is on the line.

I thought the passing offense was super...as long as Smith keeps getting open. Joe was good, I have no problem with him And the Off line played great. The defense was the worst I've seen. Zero pass rush. Inability to cover. It was almost like the Raiders offense was the only team on the field when they had the ball. A truly atrocious defense today!

If we lose to the Bengals, and we probably will, this season will be a write-off.

Our offense may have put up big numbers but Joe did not play well. He missed two, maybe three TD's by either over throwing or under throwing receivers. He needs to get his accuracy down and NOW. That said, don't despair, This team comes home after two weeks and will play better vs. Cincy. They are due and so are we. I'm predicting a win. But, Pittsburgh at Heinz on a short week- nah.

I thought the passing offense was super...as long as Smith keeps getting open. Joe was good, I have no problem with him And the Off line played great. The defense was the worst I've seen. Zero pass rush. Inability to cover. It was almost like the Raiders offense was the only team on the field when they had the ball. A truly atrocious defense today!

If we lose to the Bengals, and we probably will, this season will be a write-off.

At 02 we can kiss the POs good bye with Cinci and Pissburgh coming up.

Reminds me of 04 and 05 season and then

the 07 season that prompted

Billick's departure and did anyone notice Party Boy knocking the lights out

for Clowns. He'll have a field day with this defense and is coming up soon .

It's not all on Joe today but defense but JOe hasn't

been consistent since winning the SB. He left Aiken and SR wide open but

SR is the only real receiver we have once again.

Our offense may have put up big numbers but Joe did not play well. He missed two, maybe three TD's by either over throwing or under throwing receivers. He needs to get his accuracy down and NOW. That said, don't despair, This team comes home after two weeks and will play better vs. Cincy. They are due and so are we. I'm predicting a win. But, Pittsburgh at Heinz on a short week- nah.

Every qurterback, everyone, misses throws during a game. The issue was not Joe, he was making throws into tight windows all day. The issue with the offense yesterday was two fold. Not being able to run the ball consistantly and the play calling in the red zone.

These stupid jump balls are ridiculous, especially when one of the players is five foot five and the other is 6 feet tall, the shorter one, a reciever. The went to this play too often, it ws obvious what play they were going to run. Show some imagination and may Smith doesn't have to toe touch to win the game, which he failed to do......again............

The loss though,, goes on the defense, dating back to last year's Pats game, no leads are safe, whether they come in the first quarter or the fourth.

It is not missing Suggs as the the announcers tried to claim, they were just flat, two steps too slow, again.

The entire team was that way, backs were not finishing runs forward, receivers were getting knocked off their feet easily; no push from either lines; all signs of no legs. The sleep on the west coast was a stupid idea.

Some disappointing, disturbing trends here guys. What surprised me yesterday the most was the absence of any pass rush. Tony Romo, who is Dallas' prized possession, gets clobbered.in Philly and they break the guys' collarbone. Meanwhile, we cant touch this Carr kid most of the game and make him look like second coming. I don't get it !

Just to add, Will Hill's 2nd pick should have stood. The back rookie judge, a kid all of about what, 25? Made the wrong call. Hill has the right to the spot he is standing. Just because the receiver runs into him does not mean it is pass interference. I am sure the Ravens will get a letter from the league stating the official made the wrong call.

Every qurterback, everyone, misses throws during a game. The issue was not Joe, he was making throws into tight windows all day. The issue with the offense yesterday was two fold. Not being able to run the ball consistantly and the play calling in the red zone.

These stupid jump balls are ridiculous, especially when one of the players is five foot five and the other is 6 feet tall, the shorter one, a reciever. The went to this play too often, it ws obvious what play they were going to run. Show some imagination and may Smith doesn't have to toe touch to win the game, which he failed to do......again............

The loss though,, goes on the defense, dating back to last year's Pats game, no leads are safe, whether they come in the first quarter or the fourth.

It is not missing Suggs as the the announcers tried to claim, they were just flat, two steps too slow, again.

The entire team was that way, backs were not finishing runs forward, receivers were getting knocked off their feet easily; no push from either lines; all signs of no legs. The sleep on the west coast was a stupid idea.

Joe missed some EASY critical throws yesterday. And that would have been the difference between the win and loss. So the issue was Joe. And the defense played hopefully it's worst game of the year.

Joe is suppose to be this GREAT deep ball thrower, i can't remember the last time he threw a deep ball and hit the receiver in stride. Even in the Superbowl Jacoby had to almost stop and then restart on the bomb. Joe has a strong arm but that doesn't make him a good deep ball thrower. to me he is actually pretty bad at throwing deep, his reputation is not justified

"Reality has not set in" for those who blame Joe for this loss.

The Defense gave up 37 points.

Let that sink in.

That is Reality.

Every team but 2 would have won their game if their offense scored 33 points yesterday.

That is a huge winning cushion in the NFL.

Huge.

Now...that doesn't mean the offense won't stink this coming Sunday.

Ask RavenMad about her observation on how frequent all 3 Ravens units play well on the same day.