ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bengals Game

varaven45

I don't know which team is showing up Sundays vs. Bengals; the one that's underachieved the first two games of the season or one that comes out with a purpose and sense of urgency.

If the latter shows up Sunday; these three must happen in order to win:

1. The offense has to immediately pound the rock and consistently throughout the game. The OL has to make a statement and own the LOS; Forsett, Taliefero, and Allen have to run with authority and collectively gain at least 150 yards. This will set the tone for the game, take some pressure off Joe and our evolving WR corps, and preserve our D.

2. The defense need to make a huge statement right out of the gates. The pass rush must overwhelm and suffocate Andy Dalton the entire game and work in tandem with the secondary. The D must have multiple Dalton sacks and create at least 2-3 turnovers. The DL must control the LOS and neutralize the running game, and the secondary cant give up the long play to Green, Sanu or Eifert.

3. Harbaugh has to have these guys ready, jacked up to play relentless, focused and fast ball for 60 minutes. This team will either set the tone, control the dictate m

If all three happen, we have a shot of winning and going 1-2. If not, we are 0-3 and 2016 draft talk will begin in earnest.

The Bengals have the weapons that exploit the Ravens weakness on defense. Quick, fast, big receivers, athletic tight ends and a good offensive line.

They have been building this offense for the past few years, thus, their 3 game winning streak against the Ravens, even with the "lucky bounce" a time or two.

Like wise on defense, they have a good secondary and active line backers. They play the Ravens, mostly, in bump & run, whether they are in man or zone. This causes the Ravens receivers, who struggle, traditionally, with bump & run, to be late on their routes, which forces Flacco to hold the ball a second longer, and gives their pass rush time to get to him, either with sacks or forcing him to throw it away.

Because their linebackers are so active and fast, the dump offs the Ravens like to use have not worked consistantly.

Now, will all that change on Sunday! With a desperate Ravens team? At home, in the rain, likely, ?

In my opinion, the Ravens need to use the tight ends more in this game, deep ins, seam routes, crossing routes, rubs, to keep those linebackers back, and honest. This will open up everything else, including the dump offs.

Defensively, they have no choice but to duoble Aj Green, or at least play zone to his side. They have to give up a little pass rush to make sure they hit the tight ends right on the line scrimmage to slow them dow so that the linebackers can have a better chance of covering them....

The Bengals have the weapons that exploit the Ravens weakness on defense. Quick, fast, big receivers, athletic tight ends and a good offensive line.

They have been building this offense for the past few years, thus, their 3 game winning streak against the Ravens, even with the "lucky bounce" a time or two.

Like wise on defense, they have a good secondary and active line backers. They play the Ravens, mostly, in bump & run, whether they are in man or zone. This causes the Ravens receivers, who struggle, traditionally, with bump & run, to be late on their routes, which forces Flacco to hold the ball a second longer, and gives their pass rush time to get to him, either with sacks or forcing him to throw it away.

Because their linebackers are so active and fast, the dump offs the Ravens like to use have not worked consistantly.

Now, will all that change on Sunday! With a desperate Ravens team? At home, in the rain, likely, ?

In my opinion, the Ravens need to use the tight ends more in this game, deep ins, seam routes, crossing routes, rubs, to keep those linebackers back, and honest. This will open up everything else, including the dump offs.

Defensively, they have no choice but to duoble Aj Green, or at least play zone to his side. They have to give up a little pass rush to make sure they hit the tight ends right on the line scrimmage to slow them dow so that the linebackers can have a better chance of covering them....

Good synopsis.

Including exhibition games, Ravens have lost 5 straight. Yet, I will never give up on them. Ever. Ravens will win this game in a slugfest and close game all day. Joe will march us down the field and losing by 4 with 90 seconds left in the game. Idon;t know how we get it in the end zone, whether pass or run, but we get in and win this game. Ravens 20 to 17.

Well, if nothing else, last night the Giants showed how an 0-2 team (which easily could have been 2-0) takes care of business by doing all the necessary things to win the game.

No, we aren't the Giants and we are not playing the Skins. However, the same winning formula applies - control the LOS, play to your strengths and limit/eliminate mistakes.

Lets see how the Ravens respond Sunday !

Including exhibition games, Ravens have lost 5 straight. Yet, I will never give up on them. Ever. Ravens will win this game in a slugfest and close game all day. Joe will march us down the field and losing by 4 with 90 seconds left in the game. Idon;t know how we get it in the end zone, whether pass or run, but we get in and win this game. Ravens 20 to 17.

I just don't see your D hold our O to 17 points. In the 1st half maybe, but not 4 quarters.

I don't know which team is showing up Sundays vs. Bengals; the one that's underachieved the first two games of the season or one that comes out with a purpose and sense of urgency.

If the latter shows up Sunday; these three must happen in order to win:

1. The offense has to immediately pound the rock and consistently throughout the game. The OL has to make a statement and own the LOS; Forsett, Taliefero, and Allen have to run with authority and collectively gain at least 150 yards. This will set the tone for the game, take some pressure off Joe and our evolving WR corps, and preserve our D.

2. The defense need to make a huge statement right out of the gates. The pass rush must overwhelm and suffocate Andy Dalton the entire game and work in tandem with the secondary. The D must have multiple Dalton sacks and create at least 2-3 turnovers. The DL must control the LOS and neutralize the running game, and the secondary cant give up the long play to Green, Sanu or Eifert.

3. Harbaugh has to have these guys ready, jacked up to play relentless, focused and fast ball for 60 minutes. This team will either set the tone, control the dictate m

If all three happen, we have a shot of winning and going 1-2. If not, we are 0-3 and 2016 draft talk will begin in earnest.

I still stand behind the above winning formula. At least 2 of the above three boxes have to checked in order to win.

LOL TGANN!!!!! GOTTA SPORT THE HAT!!!!

AND

LOL CRAVN

THAT WAS YOU JUST 2 WEEKS AGO

HOW YOU BEEN YOU TWO?

I HATE TO SAY THAT I HOPE BOTH TEAMS BEAT EACH OTHER UP REAL GOOD TODAY

GOOD LUCK, MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

:bleh:

I still stand behind the above winning formula. At least 2 of the above three boxes have to checked in order to win.

Well, we didn't check off any boxes but managed to keep it close. This defense reminds one of those vintage D when the team started up in 96.

Actually, that D might have a leg up on this one.

I didn't expect the game the Ravens gave the Bengals. That was one hell of a back and forth in the 4th quarter. Good game guys, now go stomp the crap out of the squealers Thursday.

I didn't expect the game the Ravens gave the Bengals. That was one hell of a back and forth in the 4th quarter. Good game guys, now go stomp the crap out of the squealers Thursday.

I didn't either. Talent wise, the Bengals are a superior team. I'm not sure how we even kept up and had a chance to win.