ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Something good has come out of all this.

Tornado700

One thing I can say with some certainty. The Ravens front office and coaching staff is going to be a little less stressful next year. What a great way to test these new and second/third string players, Get them in the game, Keep them in the game..And see whether they can play in this league. Take Sharise Wright for example. First game he played, he was a laughing stock. Now that he;s been playing on a regular basis,and now look at him. He can cover and he's worthy of a shot to be back next year. Chris Mathews and Tim Brown have shown that they can play in this league.

The very best thing that has happened this year is this: We started a team with little to no depth this year. By next year, we will be loaded with depth, because these new players actually had a real chance to show what they could bring to the table in this injury laden year. Practice makes perfect and experience matters more than anything else.

Next year, everybody is going to be healed up, and ready to play football. And this Baltimore Raven team will be in good hands if somebody goes down. Next year, if injuries are kept at a minimum, we are going to be crazy dangerous.

Damn, what they did to the new QB in 2 weeks beating the Squeelers. Now

that's coaching especially by Trestman who taught him the playbook in 2 weeks

and who coached him.

I praised HARBs on the other thread for his coaching in this game. He completely

out coached Tommy and usually does. He's growing on me. I never liked it that

he ever called a game and had to use someone else to but he's a great motivator

and runs the other coaches well.

I remember him saying after SB 47 that he keep calling up to Pees to keep adding pressure on

KAP at the end of the game. He remembered Eagles and Skins coming back to win it on

last play of the game. He didn't want it happening in the SB and it didn't.

I just didn't like him getting rid of Boldin, Pollard and Reed like he did although Reed was

done. Pollard and Boldin had great years after that and Ozzie said it was about production

non personalities. Yea,sure.

But HARBs is moving up. Not bad for a special teams coach guy only.

Shocking, the defense finished the game instead of costing a win. Depth? Eh, maybe, flash in the pans happen every year and while the Ravens played hard (possibly saving Harb's job), the Stillers simply came out flat, over confident and their secondary has been an issue all year.

Still, the receivers made some gains all season. Aiken has earned a real contract, 3- 5 years. He has really turned into a very good possession receiver. I look forward to watching him grow with this team next year.

Other than that, who knows at this point. The running backs are certainly settled, Allen is a force and West has done some nice things as well. Defense, other than the line, there is no rue heart of the defense who can make plays consistently. He should be found in the draft.

Sharise Wright was what most expected, good one play, great another, good one game, not so good another game. He has yet, in his short career, to play consistently over the course of a season, that is why he is on the Ravens....... Maybe he is turn the corner on his team, maybe not...

This team still has no safeties, no real inside backers. Smith is really showing his age, y'all know how I feel about Mosely and Orr is a good tackler, but like Mosely, he can't cover, neither plays well in zone either....

The Ravens thought they had some depth going into this season and while no team can expect to win with so many players being on IR, they vastly over rated players going into this season. I don't want to hear about how many game were close, this team is far from dangerous even when healthy.

I can't believe you felt that Sundays play possibly saved Harbs job. If Harbs was on the hot seat then Bisquit needed his head examined. No way possible to grade a coach with 19 starters on IR, losing your best defensive player week 1 and just snowballing from there.

Shocking, the defense finished the game instead of costing a win. Depth? Eh, maybe, flash in the pans happen every year and while the Ravens played hard (possibly saving Harb's job), the Stillers simply came out flat, over confident and their secondary has been an issue all year.

Still, the receivers made some gains all season. Aiken has earned a real contract, 3- 5 years. He has really turned into a very good possession receiver. I look forward to watching him grow with this team next year.

Other than that, who knows at this point. The running backs are certainly settled, Allen is a force and West has done some nice things as well. Defense, other than the line, there is no rue heart of the defense who can make plays consistently. He should be found in the draft.

Sharise Wright was what most expected, good one play, great another, good one game, not so good another game. He has yet, in his short career, to play consistently over the course of a season, that is why he is on the Ravens....... Maybe he is turn the corner on his team, maybe not...

This team still has no safeties, no real inside backers. Smith is really showing his age, y'all know how I feel about Mosely and Orr is a good tackler, but like Mosely, he can't cover, neither plays well in zone either....

The Ravens thought they had some depth going into this season and while no team can expect to win with so many players being on IR, they vastly over rated players going into this season. I don't want to hear about how many game were close, this team is far from dangerous even when healthy.

If you were Bisciotti, what would you do with this team, coaches, GM, etc.?

I can't believe you felt that Sundays play possibly saved Harbs job. If Harbs was on the hot seat then Bisquit needed his head examined. No way possible to grade a coach with 19 starters on IR, losing your best defensive player week 1 and just snowballing from there.

See Billick............

If you were Bisciotti, what would you do with this team, coaches, GM, etc.?

Pees would be gone. Even with a healthy, "talented" defense, it was not very good when the team needed it most. Some can be blamed on player, but a coach's job is to use them properly, to put them in positions to succeed. He has shown not to be able to do this over his time here.

I don't know the inner workings, but who ever has been scouting/deciding which players to target in the secondary over the past five years needs to go and I am sure Pees has had a say in it.

Who ever has been deciding/scouting wide outs over the past 20 years needs to go too.... Now that may change once the rookie gets healthy and we see what he can do next year. Still, even if he works out, one wide out in 20 years is terrible. Some can be blamed on coaching, but the coaches on offense have changed over that time frame, have the scouts?

I give Tresman a pass this year, even though I don't think he is very good. Injuries and no true play makers are not his fault, he had to to what he could with what he had.

Not a Will Hill fan? PFF had him as the fifth overall safety going into Week 14. I think what Hill has done the past two seasons has been impressive considering the revolving door next to him at FS.

Pees would be gone. Even with a healthy, "talented" defense, it was not very good when the team needed it most. Some can be blamed on player, but a coach's job is to use them properly, to put them in positions to succeed. He has shown not to be able to do this over his time here.

I don't know the inner workings, but who ever has been scouting/deciding which players to target in the secondary over the past five years needs to go and I am sure Pees has had a say in it.

Who ever has been deciding/scouting wide outs over the past 20 years needs to go too.... Now that may change once the rookie gets healthy and we see what he can do next year. Still, even if he works out, one wide out in 20 years is terrible. Some can be blamed on coaching, but the coaches on offense have changed over that time frame, have the scouts?

I give Tresman a pass this year, even though I don't think he is very good. Injuries and no true play makers are not his fault, he had to to what he could with what he had.

I agree with you on Pees and the certain scouts that you mentioned. But those scouts and Pees come under the authority of Ozzie and his assistant. How do you feel about them and John Harbaugh? Just curious.

Ozzie has 2 rings and should have a couple more if his coaches, both Billick and

HARBs hadn't blown the playoffs with all the talent he gave them. Yea, he's in a

rut but he is still the best. Oz is on fire to fix this team and wants one more ring before

retiring.

Fans keep forgetting or don't know that draft classes such as Elam where Ozzie did

miss were not strong. Only one Safety of that class made it and that was Eric Reid of

SF and I'm not sure he well he did this year. Their team sucks this year too, the

same team Ravens played vs in their most recent SB just 3 years ago.

You just leave Ozzie alone and fire some of the coaches like Pees. Bisciotti was pissed

enough to fire HARBs the last time they missed the playoffs but wanted to be fair and

was.

There's no telling what he'll do this time but nobody is safe but Ravens might have saved

HARBs job vs Squeelers.

Not a Will Hill fan? PFF had him as the fifth overall safety going into Week 14. I think what Hill has done the past two seasons has been impressive considering the revolving door next to him at FS.

He is serviceable, but no, I am not a big fan. Now, I don't know all the schemes, and yes, he has done a very good job trying to work in that secondary, all the players they went through and trying to build chemistry, trust back there, almost impossible. However, he has often APPEARED to be out of position, late to get over, poor in coming up to make a tackle the first time... I've seen lists that don't have him in the top 10 for NFL free safeties, others do... eh... I think they can do better, I know they won't, wouldn't mid Eric Weddle coming over as a free agent, but they have a good some tied up in Hill...

I agree with you on Pees and the certain scouts that you mentioned. But those scouts and Pees come under the authority of Ozzie and his assistant. How do you feel about them and John Harbaugh? Just curious.

I said last year Ozzie should retire. Frankly, after the Super Bowl win I was sure he would retire. But here we sit with him still in charge. Unless you are the Eagles and Chip Kelly is your coach/Gm, your team doesn't get terrible over night. He has missed on difference making players the last five years. Even the Dummervil signing, looked good at first, but he has always run out of steam later in games, later in seasons. Over paid no matter what his sack number appear to be.... I think Ozzie needs to retire. He has been the constant here for no drafted wide outs ever making in the NFL, let alone this team.

While I agree with the reason for, but for Elvis, not bringing him in, but by not building a line to protect him. Everyone knew Elvis is a pocket passer, what did Ozzie do? He over paid for a lineman who; had injuries history, drug history and what happens? Searcey gets hurt and popped for PED's....

Yes, he has gathered enough talent to win two Super Bowls; one with an incredible defense and a lot of luck, the other in a league that right now is terrible talent wise. Add in a revolving door at the OC position, you wonder why player talent on offense has been inconsistent.

Harbs has a nice record, suffered through major injuries, yes. But his game management is terrible. Use of time outs, replay challenges, play choices to go for it, to kick, to fake. At this point though, the organization has to decide; are they going to be an org that dumps their head coach every 8 years, or most like the Stillers & Pats who keeps him? He is a good coach, worth keeping in my mind, he just needs to make some changes....

I said last year Ozzie should retire. Frankly, after the Super Bowl win I was sure he would retire. But here we sit with him still in charge. Unless you are the Eagles and Chip Kelly is your coach/Gm, your team doesn't get terrible over night. He has missed on difference making players the last five years. Even the Dummervil signing, looked good at first, but he has always run out of steam later in games, later in seasons. Over paid no matter what his sack number appear to be.... I think Ozzie needs to retire. He has been the constant here for no drafted wide outs ever making in the NFL, let alone this team.

While I agree with the reason for, but for Elvis, not bringing him in, but by not building a line to protect him. Everyone knew Elvis is a pocket passer, what did Ozzie do? He over paid for a lineman who; had injuries history, drug history and what happens? Searcey gets hurt and popped for PED's....

Yes, he has gathered enough talent to win two Super Bowls; one with an incredible defense and a lot of luck, the other in a league that right now is terrible talent wise. Add in a revolving door at the OC position, you wonder why player talent on offense has been inconsistent.

Harbs has a nice record, suffered through major injuries, yes. But his game management is terrible. Use of time outs, replay challenges, play choices to go for it, to kick, to fake. At this point though, the organization has to decide; are they going to be an org that dumps their head coach every 8 years, or most like the Stillers & Pats who keeps him? He is a good coach, worth keeping in my mind, he just needs to make some changes....

Ok, don't disagree that Ozzie's best days as GM have passed him by (esp at WR ) but with whom do you replace him ? Kokonis, etc ?

:gorave:

NEW YORK JETS 16, BUFFALO 13: Bills head coach Rex Ryan has said this week that he regrets promising a playoff berth to long-suffering Bills fans, who haven't seen their team play postseason football since 1999. Such hyperbole might get fans excited, but it doesn't help in a world where an emotionally even-keeled work ethic -- such as that preached by Jets head coach Todd Bowles -- is the better way to go. The Jets should wrap up a playoff berth here, kicking Pittsburgh out of the playoffs for a third time in four years.http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/12/30/joey-ps-week-17-nfl-picks-trying-my-best-to-beat-my-worst

Ok, don't disagree that Ozzie's best days as GM have passed him by (esp at WR ) but with whom do you replace him ? Kokonis, etc ?

Tough question, I am not in the proverbial loop any longer but I would look to New England first, a fresh face who has been in their org for a while Nick Caserio. He heads up their pro and college scouting departments.

Yes, they could stay in house with George, who has been talked about for years every time the thought of Ozzie retiring comes up. But my reasoning for going outside the org is that you get a fresh look at players, especially the positions this organization has struggled with over the years.

Tough question, I am not in the proverbial loop any longer but I would look to New England first, a fresh face who has been in their org for a while Nick Caserio. He heads up their pro and college scouting departments.

Yes, they could stay in house with George, who has been talked about for years every time the thought of Ozzie retiring comes up. But my reasoning for going outside the org is that you get a fresh look at players, especially the positions this organization has struggled with over the years.

I'd have to think Eric DeCosta hasn't turned down as many GM jobs as he has over the years to be passed over when Ozzie retires.