ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Goes Off

vmax

"Six points was given off of B.S.," Lewis said after the game. "It’s embarrassing that you can put them in field-goal range off of two calls like that when they couldn’t get into the end zone themselves. That’s why everybody straps up their helmets to make sure if you’re going to earn it, earn it. But they didn’t earn it today."

Lewis believes quarterbacks get preferential treatment.

"I don’t think I want to be politically correct right here. I want to be honest," Lewis said. "Honest is you put six points on the damn board by people doing their jobs. We laugh about it so much [about] quarterbacks getting all of this protection. I get tired of whining about quarterbacks. But bottom line, when you show a play a year ago, where a man pull up from hitting a quarterback and the quarterback keeps the ball, he’s a hero. Then you finish a play like we’re taught to do. That’s what defenders do. We finish the play. Terrell can’t stop in midair and pull up on Carson after he still has the ball."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/ray_lewis_six_points_was_given_off_of_bs.html

He's right.

51201269.jpg

I thought both of those calls were BS calls. Ray was blocked into the ground, it was not an intentional trip. And how is Suggs supposed to stop his forward momentum? Nevertheless, the rules in the first place are spotty allowing for a lot of grey area where the refs can make calls like this.

Anyways, we did not deserve to win with as bad as Flacco played. On the flip side, I love how well our secondary played. I do not think we have to worry about this group being a weak spot for us. It was good to see Webb out there.

I thought the calls were goofy. The Suggs call today was no worse than the running into the kicker penalty last week. I thought that was really weak, and that was the drive the Ravens ended up their one and only TD that week.

So the refs giveth and taketh away.

Yup..we got the calls last week, we didn't get them this week. We're lucky to be 1-1 with 6 turnovers in the first two games.

Bingo ! We could easily be 0-2. Time to play Raven ball, pound the rock, and let the D play D.

Take the pressure of Joe and let him grasp the offense. If not, Bulger needs to be ready in the bullpen.

You can't celebrate about the win last week and be pissed about the calls this week, because the calls last week were all in our favor (and some were pretty iffy, let's be honest).

Tired of the whining, especially since the calls had nothing to do with the game. I agree that the refereeing has gotten out of hand a little bit with over-calling, but that's not what they need to be worried about.

I really the dislike Suggs so called penalty, if this should be the standard, the zebras would have to change the game. Rays so called tripping is a little more in the unlucky category.

Our D did their job, ST even.. Most of the game we did better, one big play hurts.

Nah this was on Joe and I am wondering if the playcalls is too advanced Cam! Last game you could argue that the OL failed, and a missing and shaky runninggame, this week they did a very solid job.

What the hell, just make that you cant touch the QB anymore, You cant even look at him.

Thats because they are big "Cats", the NFL protects high dollar QB's, dont you think its funny that Suggs tackles Palmer and gets the flag, yet Joe gets a blatant helmet to helmet and no flag is thrown?