ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens cut Trevor Pryce

cravnravn

Same week when Redding is going out hurt, and Kruger has still not played, oh and neither has Arthur Jones, Cody and Lamar Divins.. Not sure why we cut him now before the Steelers game, at least they could have waited with this until one hour before the game, and then cut him next week? If they needed Hamlin back they could have cut Prince Miller.

There is obviously something here that we do not know. The coaches see Pryce everyday in practice. Before this season we were told Pryce would only pass rush for us. Well he hasn't done a good job of that. And when Redding went down Pryce was destroyed on the run. We can't have a one dimensional starter on our front seven who can't stop the run. Pryce's tank is empty. Time for Kruger to step up. Kruger had a great offseason and preseason, let's see what he's got!

There is obviously something here that we do not know. The coaches see Pryce everyday in practice. Before this season we were told Pryce would only pass rush for us. Well he hasn't done a good job of that. And when Redding went down Pryce was destroyed on the run. We can't have a one dimensional starter on our front seven who can't stop the run. Pryce's tank is empty. Time for Kruger to step up. Kruger had a great offseason and preseason, let's see what he's got!

Thanks! And this makes more sense than this..

Harbs mentioned; There is a "high possibility" that defensive end Trevor Pryce will be brought back by the Ravens, coach John Harbaugh said. Pryce was cut Wednesday when the Ravens re-signed Ken Hamlin. Pryce's locker is still filled with his clothes and personal items.

"Trevor is a valuable part of this team," Harbaugh said. "He'll be back with us."

His value has to be = Hamlin at this point.

Btw if Steelers sign him this week, I will be upset.

Pryce has been flat out bad this year, but it's still a surprising move. I would think depth on the DLine versus Mendenhall is more important then adding another Safety to help out on Batch, but I'm not the one making the decisions. I am excited to see Kruger and Cody get a shot, but I would have rather had it be last week versus the Browns.

I don't really mind the move too much for the Steelers game. We are going to setup with a brick wall of Ngata/Cody/Gregg/Divens/McKinney/Jones and force Batch to beat us.

Our pass rush should be fine for this game as Batch certainly doesn't shed tacklers like Ben and isn't as elusive as Dixon either so we should see Suggs and JJ get to him a few times.

Just signed with JETS.....What a way to treat a veteran.............Great move Harbs!

Signed with the Jets ? Why am I not surprised. Guys like Rex Ryan and Phil Savage (then with the Browns) are like vampires and spend half their time waiting for Raven players to get released.

Oh well. Maybe Pryce can help the Jets D knock of some off our playoff competition later in the season.

Pryce has 1 tackle in 3 games this year. Rex can keep sniffing the Ravens trash can all he wants.

I'll go one further...don't think for a minute that Ozzie didn't know that Rex would scoop Pryce up right away.

The Jets are hurting for a pass rush from their 27th ranked pass defense as badly as the Ravens (who are #1 BTW). They just took one of the Ravens players who hamstrung their pass rushing efforts. The Ravens hoped to get another year out of him by using him sparingly and it was a bad move. He couldn't even make an impact that way.