ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens didn't run in the pre season games

vmax

and they are not running now.

No coincidence. Not giving Ray Rice touches in the pre season is translating to the leagues 31st rushing attack in yards per carry and 22nd overall. It seems they just can't turn on the run switch and pick up where they left off last year.

The Ravens certainly faced some excellent run defenses in the Jets and Pittsburgh, but the Bengals and Browns are average so far this season.

It's out of balance in a different Ravens way. In the past they could run and pound the ball down an opponents throat, but the passing game was not very good.

Now they can throw and the run game is weak.

Makes you want to scream....

This was one sweet run...McGahee faking Farrior out of his jock...

56509140.jpg

Not till mid season...I can see that. They certainly haven't hit it yet...when they do...look out!

There was a good mix of the run/pass right up to McGahee's TD in the second quarter. The run game was effective.

Gaither's injury has been a big part of this. We are weaker at RT, RG, and have less potential in the unbalanced line as a result of people having to move positions. Once he comes back I expect things to pick up significantly. I'm also extremely happy to be where we are with the defenses we have faced. 4 tough defenses, top 10 in the NFL if you ask me.

Gaither's injury has been a big part of this. We are weaker at RT, RG, and have less potential in the unbalanced line as a result of people having to move positions. Once he comes back I expect things to pick up significantly. I'm also extremely happy to be where we are with the defenses we have faced. 4 tough defenses, top 10 in the NFL if you ask me.

I hope Gaither makes it back but I'll be surprised if he doesn't wind up on IR.

I don't think we can't run... I think we have chosen not to. It's a choice you have to make to some extent if you want to up your passing game. We're still finding the balance.

Personally, though Cam was better with his play-calling against the Steelers on Sunday, it still wasn't great. Run, pass pass. Run pass pass. Run on every damn first down and no doubt it will be shut down. If we can legitimately MIX our pass and run attacks, we'll be great. That will mean, at times, giving it to Ray 6 times in a row. And at times, passing 6 times in a row. Just when you think they can't throw it once more...

I think the gameplan on Sunday was to run against the Steelers. It looked like early on that McGahee was going to be able to get going and be successful. However, it is hard to have confidence in the running game when McGahee has had two lost fumbles in only 30 carries this season. Then McGahee gets hurt and McLean gets hurt on his second carry and you are left with a 60% healthy Ray Rice.

I think the gameplan on Sunday was to run against the Steelers. It looked like early on that McGahee was going to be able to get going and be successful. However, it is hard to have confidence in the running game when McGahee has had two lost fumbles in only 30 carries this season. Then McGahee gets hurt and McLean gets hurt on his second carry and you are left with a 60% healthy Ray Rice.

True, and this was a typical bonus point when you run against Ravens and Steelers, your RB is going down, this time it was the Ravens, I can recall a lot of games when it was RBs from the Steelers who went out. At least we are going to see softer defenses in the next couple of month, hopefully our runningbacks is ready and healthy again in december when we face them again.