ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If there ever was a bulshit call

cravnravn

The refs did screw the Ravens, it's not an excuse. I agree the Ravens themselves share the blame for putting themselves in a position to be screwed by the refs, but at the end of the day, they still got unfairly screwed. I mean overturning a close call like that - come on. The Ravens are almost always on the wrong end of these controversial calls and it comes down to our image. Harbaugh said he wants to change our image - he says we shouldn't have to be the "bad guys." I hope he is serious about the because i'm tired of it costing us with the officals.

I'd love to know the logic behind that over turn. I did not see anything that would have been a reason to over turn the call on the field no matter whether it had been a TD or not a TD. And yet someone saw something that they could justify over turning the call.

The ref told Harbaugh the ball spot review wasn't over turned because they didn't have any angles that conclusively showed the runner down before the spot. So they were being extra careful and not over turning it. Where was the same carefulness at the end of the game.

I do think the refs were awful (I also think the Ravens dbs got away with a lot of contact) especially on the reviewed plays, I just dont think they necessarily cost the Ravens the game.

What really bugs me is that Walt Coleman's nickname should be "inconclusive." Walt "Inconclusive" Coleman.

If I remember correctly, he overturns fewer calls than anyone in the league. He never turns things over. It's always inconclusive.

When the first replay did not go our way, I expected it. Inconclusive. Do I agree? No. But fine. That's Walt Coleman.

The second replay? I just don't get it. Unless someone can explain to me that being in the endzone, without the ball being in the endzone, is a touchdown... then no, I just do not get it.

I feel like we have seen that play many times before. A guy catches the ball with his feet or heels in/on the line... but the ball is outside and he falls out and it's placed at the six inch line. Why is this different?

And what bugs me most? Coleman never mentioned where the ball was. It was as if he did not even consider it. He just said feet, possession... period.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/sch...a_cloud_of.html

Walt Coleman changes his announcement post game... The ball did the break the plane, he, of course, just misspoke during the game when he FAILED TO MENTION THAT AT ALL and when THE REPLAYS SHOW OTHERWISE!

Yeah, and Obama never discussed his Senate seat with Blagojevich :lol:

The 1 yard play with the review had the stands chanting Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit and it was BS and it sounded like a thing of Beauty. Fuck them. I was proud to be a Ravens fan. The crowd let the incompetent and possibly on the take ofisheads know they wern't fooling anyone. Kudos to the fans and once again fuck the incompetent ofishheads. Heres a joke. Whats the diference between Wrastling and the National football league? Punchline.....Not a damn thing. LOL LOL

I'm not crying about a call. I'm saying the NFL is fixed. The officials just make sure it happens the way the NFL expects. Sorry for the misunderstanding. The NFL needs to coreograph better then wrasting and when they don't they need to jacked up. Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit is the NFL.

I can see a lot of points by all.

I don't feel cheated as a Ravens fan. It was a good game, the kind I like to watch. Even if we get beat, a good game all around. I feel cheated as a football fan.

Through out the history of the game there are some team that just hate each other, want to kick the crap out of each other. This is that game. Then you have that type of game or games that turn great.

I still don't see that as a touchdown, not at all. And lets say the right call was made.

What did we miss?

It is 4th and goal inside the one. Knowing how you just moved the ball on the Ravens and how it looked you were about to score, do you go for it or do you go into OT knowing that you moved the ball down the field knowing you can do it again?!

Yeah I would have sent it to OT. That would mean a second OT game this season with them. And who is to say what we get to see in that OT?

Games like that should not ever end by a ref!

Cheated.

So do I. And we played them tough both times so that makes me feel good. I dont think the Ravens are that level yet, but they may not be far off.

Amen. Its them or Tennesse and the Stealers are peaking right now, the Titans are not.

More importantly, we are a big receiver, a McGahee less offense, and a fortified pass defense away from being at the next level. I think we can accomplish that during the offseason.

Any team that gets the field position the Ravens were given today, including the opponents 16 yard line, and gets a total of 9 points doesn't deserve to win pure and simple.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Thank you BA.

The steelers did exactly what the steelers do. They hang around then they beat you. If you dont put the game out of reach by the 4th your gonna lose. Did you see that stat, theyve outscored opponents 41-0 with 6 minutes to go this year. Insane. We lost that game in the 1st quarter when we did nothing with prime field position

Amen. Its them or Tennesse and the Stealers are peaking right now, the Titans are not.

More importantly, we are a big receiver, a McGahee less offense, and a fortified pass defense away from being at the next level. I think we can accomplish that during the offseason.

Walker in his second year in the defense, plus a drafted WR, plus addition by subtraction (Willis) should be all we need.

I'm sure we can get what we need in the draft. Fortify the secondary, get a big-play WR and maybe a big 'ole DE. I trust Ozzie will rock the draft.