ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What's your gut feeling for Thurs Nite?

vmax

The Ravens have just as many weapons on offense or more than the Falcons. I see a shoot out with Joe Cool vs Matty Ice...Ravens come out on top.

BTW...Why they would name a team after the Ford Falcon is beyond me...it was a crappy little car....cheap too.

The Ravens have a ton of weapons, the problem is they are not utilized as often as they should be. If the Ravens can run and/or if the Falcons don't cover Ray Rice on the check down we will be in good shape. If we cannot run and Joe needs to look for receivers I expect more Joe Confused than Joe Cool.

I'm not going to pick either way, Thursday night games suck. I have seen many good teams have trouble with the short week.

I think Stallworth has opened up some things for Rice and our offensive gameplan in general. I noticed a few times on Sunday that we ran Stallworth deep, Joe looked for him, saw he wasn't there, checked to Rice, and Rice had alot of room because guys had to be committed downfield. Not sure if that's a direct result of Stallworth or not, but it seems all year Rice hasn't been able to get the ball in the flats with any room to move.

It's VERY difficult to beat the home team in a Thursday night game, the day of travel on a 3 day rest week really screws the away team. The schedule makers really hate us this year, playing 2 teams who come off their byes and now an Away game on a Thursday...

Difficult, still the away team lead 16-14 overall in a thursday nigth game. Well Falcons is probably likely to be favourite.

Then we have ten days to play at Carolina.. if we win that game, and I see no reason to why not, then a win against Bucs and we are ready to care of the Steelers. I say 3-1 in those four games and 9-3, before the last four.

Btw Carolina is the only team Ravens never has beaten in the regular season or PO.

Guest BallTMore

I want this one bad. 7-2 just looks so good. I want a bye this year and a home playoff game.

However, my gut feeling says we'll have trouble getting to Ryan, and White will probably catch a deep TD. Turner is the real problem, though. I'm not impressed with the run D and I think we'll have trouble wrapping him up. He'll move the chains and keep drives alive.

I see a close game. Probably decided by a FG.

Can we beat them? Sure. Should we beat them? Yep. Will we beat them? Nope.

Hate to say it, but i dont think we are going in there on a short week and coming away with a W.

My main reason for thinking this? The Falcons are 17-1 @ home under Matt Ryan? :scared: :scared: :scared:

That cant be true, can it???

One of the Reasons Flacco and Ryan are so good at home is that they don't have the crowd noise to contend with.

This should be a real good game. There's no single phase of the game where either team is dominant but both are good in many areas.

It seems like a lot of fans are giving up on the Ravens winning in Atlanta. Maybe because we don't know enough about the Falcons.

I sure don't feel like sitting down tomorrow night anticipating how the Ravens are going to lose this game.

White is basicly Ryan's 'go to' guy and he's got a gimpy knee. Gonzalez is still good but his numbers are down from what he usually puts up. He might do well against the Ravens LB's.

The Ravens run defense is not what it used to be and Turner is having a very good year. Could be trouble there....

And...The Falcons could have trouble against all the playmakers on the Ravens offense.

Looks like it will come down to penalties and turnovers...and the dreaded redzone. The Ravens have to come out of there with TD's...not 3's to win this game.

It seems like a lot of fans are giving up on the Ravens winning in Atlanta. Maybe because we don't know enough about the Falcons.

I sure don't feel like sitting down tomorrow night anticipating how the Ravens are going to lose this game.

White is basicly Ryan's 'go to' guy and he's got a gimpy knee. Gonzalez is still good but his numbers are down from what he usually puts up. He might do well against the Ravens LB's.

The Ravens run defense is not what it used to be and Turner is having a very good year. Could be trouble there....

And...The Falcons could have trouble against all the playmakers on the Ravens offense.

Looks like it will come down to penalties and turnovers...and the dreaded redzone. The Ravens have to come out of there with TD's...not 3's to win this game.

Max,

I dont like our pass rush or run D. I think we will be flat, Matt Ryan has a coming out party, and the Dirty Birds continue their dominance at home.

I'll be at the GA Dome with my 86 jersey and screaming my lungs out. It would be nice to go 7-2 come late Thursday night.

Max,

I dont like our pass rush or run D. I think we will be flat, Matt Ryan has a coming out party, and the Dirty Birds continue their dominance at home.

I'll be at the GA Dome with my 86 jersey and screaming my lungs out. It would be nice to go 7-2 come late Thursday night.

Well then it looks like this will be a night where the offense has to bail them out. The Ravens have faced better defenses in the Jets, Dolphins and Bengals...hell the Browns D is tied with the Falcons.

Not scared of the Falcons D one bit.

Oh....

The Falcons have struggled against 3-4 fronts. Michael Turner's per-game rushing average is almost 10 yards lower against 3-4 teams.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/ravens-at-falcons-3-736528.html

3bff4883674d86baca27fc699926e2d3.jpg

Edited by vmax