ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Our fickle fans

cravnravn

Last year we went 9-7 and everyone was happy we were back in the playoffs, this year we can possibly 3 game better that 9 wins from last year, and it sounds like Bengal Nation on the radio. I for one am happy, last year we had to wait til week 15 to secure a spot, this year we could lose 2 more games and still be in..Just get to the playoffs, and anything can happen, Just ask the 06 Colts.

I think the problem is perception Crav. The coaches told us they perceived this team to be a serious Superbowl contender and an elite team. All I have saw is a team that looks like they have an extra gear to kick into but for whatever reason hasn't been able to achieve the level of play expected by so many.

I don't think it is any 1 factor that has caused it but a combination of coaching, play calling, injuries and age.

That said, we have still managed to win 9 games so far and could finish the season 12-4! I think 1 big unexpected win could kick start the team and carry us right through the playoffs but we are running out of games to get this train running.

The Patriots are absolutely that clear cut team. They've played unbelieveably well, especially late in the season when it's most important. The Cleveland game was their egg laid. Since then they have played awesome as evidenced by their record. The Falcons have also seperated themselves from everyone else. The Eagles will if they beat the Giants.

Agreed Cravn!

The expectations were huge, in the preseason we were expected to do great things, then Gaither and Fox is out, and we are not that great.

Nine wins and possible 3 more, we have POs in our own destiny, this is great news. Can we play better, sure! Do we need to play like the SB-contender every week - It would be nice but no - Except from last year there has not been a SB winner who dominated the power rankings since Rams in 1999.

As a fan in week 15-17 my team is just there I want it to be, a PO contender and every possibilities is still open.

Think Jets who lost 45-3.. when does Ravens lose with those ridiculos numbers. Never! Think Vikes, Colts, Bengals and Dallas, think 20 other teams who is already out, things could be so much worse.

And third winning season, possible third POs, never done that before.

There is something wrong with the execution of the Ravens offense.

The defense has weaknesses and this is hard to accepet for Ravens fans after 10 years of knowing how defense is played here.

This team has not become better over the course of the season like they did last year.

Ravens fans are not dumb...they know what they see and they know football.

Against the playoff caliber teams you can't get away with 2 quarters of offense and then go to sleep at the wheel.

Well you can, but you can't win.

They know this.

NO THEY DONT!!!!! Bazooka Joe is having his greatest year as a Pro, hes 2nd to only Tom Brady in passer rating, hes on pace for 4000 yards, 25 TD's, 11 INT's..and yet folks wanted Troy Smith in there, and now its folks want Bulger..And its not just a few people, its alot, at work I listen 9 1/2 hours..Its comical, I cant believe people are this stupid..

Joe Flacco is our future, Joe Flacco is our franchise.

75% of the fans that call in the talk shows are dumbbies. If they want "knoWledge of things they are not wanting you to know" they would be on here.

Some still call in asking why Palaamaalluuu wasn't blocked after those guys spent days talking about it. When a sub moron like Q can get on every day that tells you they scrape the bottom of the barrell getting callers.

NO THEY DONT!!!!! Bazooka Joe is having his greatest year as a Pro, hes 2nd to only Tom Brady in passer rating, hes on pace for 4000 yards, 25 TD's, 11 INT's..and yet folks wanted Troy Smith in there, and now its folks want Bulger..And its not just a few people, its alot, at work I listen 9 1/2 hours..Its comical, I cant believe people are this stupid..

Well said and the FO had better start to protect our franchise.

Flacco is 8th in passer rating. Not 2nd.

Well said and the FO had better start to protect our franchise.

Also well said. We have a franchise qb and they need to protect him better.

Mike Preston had a blog post where he said Joe is reminding him of Testeverde. I beg to differ. Vinny wasn't a bad qb but he was interception prone at crucial times. Flacco definitely has his head together more.

After week two.. I guess.. Anyway Flacco is a top 15 QB, and that is better than your KB boy, sorry.

I am not especially comfortable when Fitz and Schaub pass like crazy, and now Brees is coming to town, but passing for + 300 yards against us gets more W than L.

Only one QB have had some regular success with + 300 yards games against us, and that ended in 2000 with that 39-36 win.. we could still meet him but now he is 0-5 against Ravens.

Palmer have had some success with a couple of comebacks, that is it.

Somehow our D do the final work... Last year Ray against Bolts and this year he did it against Bills and Wilson last week against Tex.

Peyton is 0-2 when passing for + 300 yards against us. Less than 300 yards a much more troubling story.

I am more concerned about our offense, we should run in that game - I would be surprised if we did.

I should of clarified..Since week 3..Bazooka Joe has averaged 105 and Skirts has averaged a 108..Not to shabby if you ask me.

Well re figure it dropping the two worst weeks from all the QBs in the NFL, not just Joe's, and post how it all ends up. Surely you agree you can't drop Joe's worst weeks an use the rest to make a fair comparison.