ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Far From Perfect, But...

dc.

Can we all stop bitching for a day or two ... or a week?

The Saints had scored 30+ in 5 straight games, winning 6 straight... and we held them to 24 - including that fluke in the corner.

And the defense didn't implode.

And the offensive line didn't implode.

And the offense held it's own, even though it got a little funky in the 2nd half.

And the entire team showed fight all game long.

And we established the run and used it to dominate.

And Joe's numbers weren't perfect, but I'll take 200 yards rushing over 200 passing any day.

Very happy with this team today. The coach and perfectionist in me would have liked the offense to put the game away in the 4th. Also, this is the second time in the last three weeks that we had a big play and came away with no points. Regardless, NO needed that miracle in the endzone just to keep it close. Very good game Ravens. The statement game I've been looking for.

This was close to perfect for me.

It was very enjoyable Ravens football. Other than the few penalties where the Ravens shot themselves in the foot, they played well.

The Ravens took away the run. The SaINTS SPREAD THEM OUT WITH THEIR BIG NAME/BIG PLAY RECEIVERS AND OUR NO NAME GUYS COVERED THEM.

Sorry caps key....

The offense sustained drives, converted 3rd downs so the D wasn't gassed.

The Ravens were never behind.

They ran the football and stuck with it....5.3 ypc. That's the big story.

joe had a good day...8.6 ypc...112.9 QB rating...that TD pass to Rice was perfect and the catch fantastic.

This was close to perfect for me.

It was very enjoyable Ravens football. Other than the few penalties where the Ravens shot themselves in the foot, they played well.

The Ravens took away the run. The SaINTS SPREAD THEM OUT WITH THEIR BIG NAME/BIG PLAY RECEIVERS AND OUR NO NAME GUYS COVERED THEM.

Sorry caps key....

The offense sustained drives, converted 3rd downs so the D wasn't gassed.

The Ravens were never behind.

They ran the football and stuck with it....5.3 ypc. That's the big story.

joe had a good day...8.6 ypc...112.9 QB rating...that TD pass to Rice was perfect and the catch fantastic.

A throw Joe absolutely could not have made last year or the year before. Very impressed with Joe today.

A throw Joe absolutely could not have made last year or the year before. Very impressed with Joe today.

They were baiting Joe...they had a lot of nickle and dime packages and the coverage was good...but the dumps to Rice killed those No Tackling Mo Fo's.

You guys probably didn't see it because the TV doesn't cover the 'extra curricular activies' between plays but the Saints tried to break bad with the Ravens and imtimidate them. Wrong move! It just pissed the Ravens off and they were wipeing out guys all over the field.

I am happy because the Saints are a quality team and the first win against a quality team in a long time. So for right now I am happy.

In a day or two when I think about the lead we blew, the stagnant 2nd half offense, and the confused play in the red zone the second half then I might have more to say.

I think this was the best win of the year.

Don't forget the TD drop by McLain in the second half...ifbutshouldacouldawoulda but... :) the offense was moving the ball and resting the D.

Sad note...Ray Lewis looks old out there. There were running holes he would have always been in waiting for the ball carrier but he can't even make it there.