ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Bills

vmax

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens did not deserve this win, Lamar couldn't read the defense, was off target all day even with 3 td passes. Poor choices on the read option.... He wasn't helped with the play calling.

The defense, was outstanding; I blame the late score and the almost score squarely on the offense, on the play calling.

But a win on the road is a win. 11-2 who knew

Give the Bills D credit. They played their ass's off They did not let the Ravens offense get rolling.

9 penalties for 99 yards kept the Bills in this game.

Ugly win. Sloppy execution. And yet....the Ravens clinch a playoff spot. :gorave:

I saw plenty to worry me about this team.

The first half was horrid.

For the game the Ravens ran for 118 yards on 33 carries for 3.6 ypc. That worries me.

Even though Lamar threw 3 TD's, 145 total passing yards will not get it done in the playoffs. 157 yards last week. That worries me.

1 hour ago, vmax said:

For the game the Ravens ran for 118 yards on 33 carries for 3.6 ypc. That worries me.

Even though Lamar threw 3 TD's, 145 total passing yards will not get it done in the playoffs. 157 yards last week. That worries me.

Hey Max the wind killed the passing game early and Roman really never went back to it. We were fortunate to get the passing results we had.

Now the run game was worrisome...really couldn't get it going on a windy day when they really needed to kick ass. But the Bills are no pushover and played like it.

Our D was pretty damn good. While we were on a knife edge lead for the most of the game, they hung tough and limited the Buffalo offense to just 17 points. It would have been less had they not lost their composure for a while and gave up a lot of yardage on penalties.

So, yeah, they have things to work on. The Jets will be another test...to see how we rebound on 3 days rest (I hate these freakin' Thursday games!). The offensive line needs to have a bigger push for the running game...pass protection was OK but the wind really did mess with Lamar's head. The receivers were decent...a lot of incompletions were just off their fingertips.

My biggest worry is can they make the adjustments needed in just 3 days.

Anybody know any more about Andrews' injury?

57 minutes ago, vmax said:

It should worry you; this is a trend.

Defenses with the personnel are loading the box with 8, trying to stop the run, stretching out plays that go wide.

If it is a pass, they drop back into zone underneath, man to the outside. This leaves the middle depth area clogged, but as we saw with Hurst, deeper crossing routes, posts, flags, open with a timely, accurate pass.

I saw several times on replay where Brown or Roberts were open, in man coverage, 20 yards downfield, db trailing them to the outside. Lamar had time but chose to hold the ball and either throw short or run, get sacked.

Teams will start doing this, sure, the pass to Hurst for 61 catch & run yards was a dagger, Brown was also open on a deep post pattern. So one pass out of 16 completions for 61, the other 14 for 81 yards; not good. Granted, 2 of those were less than 10 yard touchdown passes so there is that.

More troubling as I said early was his decision making in handling the ball on the read option. Several times he kept it when he should have handed off for a much bigger gain. Also the play calling, as I said I could almost understand, just trying to help skew tendencies. However each time they tried to get cute it stopped a rythem, stopped a drive, cost a timeout, almost cost them a touchdown.

In the end they won, any way how with a great defensive effort, lame penalties included. But this team has to get the defenses to back off and that only comes with consistent completed deep passes which this team has none.

But who cares at this point, 11-2 what a season no matter what happens going forward.

59 minutes ago, varaven45 said:

No surprise here - dogfight and tough D on both sides.    Hey, 11-2 though.  Who woulda thunk ?

But some cleaning up to do on both sides of the ball.  

Three days rest and in come the J-E-T-S.  Ill be there Thursday night - should be bone chiller ! 

Yea,,,the red hot Jets. :fishin:

I read your post and went straight to the weather for Thursday night...around freezing. 😬 I don't care. I can dress for that.

1 hour ago, vmax said:

Yea,,,the red hot Jets. :fishin:

I read your post and went straight to the weather for Thursday night...around freezing. 😬 I don't care. I can dress for that.

I’ll be bundled up.  Hopefully, the kinks worked out by Thursday.  Three regular season games to go - each one with playoff seeding implications 👍