ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Special Teams a Real Concern.

vmax

I was watching Tucker doing pre game practice kicks and he did not look accurate and that translated to the game. He missed an extra point.

Then it looked like Koch lined up too close to the line of scrimmage, the line blocked poorly and the result was a blocked kick returned for a TD.

7 Jets kick returns for 179 yards! 25.6 average. The Ravens returned 1 for 5 yards.

3 punt returns for 48 yards.

If this happens in a playoff game against that level of competition, then the Ravens have a very good chance of losing.

This 2019 Ravens team will need all 3 units performing at a high level if they hope to go all the way.

2 games left with an opportunity to right the Special Teams ship.

Tucker has been so automatic, deep kick offs as well. Could be just a tired leg.

I would like to know if he is told to kick the ball short and allow a return or if he is just missing it; it doesn't take much to miss hit a kick and not have it gp further.

Normally he kicks it out of the endzone, in the playoffs, I expect we see that more unless he has a leg issue. Limit the kickoffs return yards..

The punt block could be as simple as a missed block a Thursday missed assignment, more than a real issue.

Is the long snapper tired? His snap going back slower; another Thursday night tired situation?

1 hour ago, oldno82 said:

Well on the punt, Morgan Cox literally got run over. One of the worst missed blocks and pancakes I’ve ever seen. 

The snapper is supposed to be protected from being lined up over him.. So maybe there should have been a penalty called on the Jets. Even so, long snapping and having to come up quickly to block is very difficult. Morgan has done a great job over the years, the Ravens have been good at drafting long snappers with quick, firey, accurate snaps.

In the end, eh for now.

Can't remember but it seemed to me that they lined up over his shoulder which may be legal---or not. In any case, you're right about him doing a good job over the years. Still it was quite shocking to see him get bowled over like that.