ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Win and They're In

vmax

First things first...get the win and the Ravens are in the playoffs. I'm sure that's their focus.

As a fan I really appreciate games like this...no matter who the opponent is. This is one meaningfull game. Harbaugh is real close to getting in the playoffs for the 3rd time in his short 3 years here. That's a damn good record that gets overlooked. The turnover ratio is high for making the playoffs year to year, but Harbaugh has kept this team in while 50% fail to repeat. John real close to getting another gatoraide bath.

Big day tomorrow in what looks to be a very windy and cold Browns stadium. A good day to run but don't forget that Joe throws pretty well on windy days. He has the arm to do it. Colt McCoy doesn't.

The Browns have to pound Hillis and hope he breaks down the Ravens defense. It's their only shot other than a fluke special teams TD or getting the Ravens to turn it over multiple times. If the Ravens protect the ball, than it looks very promising they'll be playoff bound this time tomorrow night.

And that keeps the heat on the Steelers. They have to play their starters next week if the Ravens win. They really need all the rest they can get.

104789740-19180158.jpg

...and our man Demetrius Williams??? He's doing the same thing there that he did here only he can't get on the field with some low grade WR's in front of him. Not one catch this year.

OTR...

The Browns have struggled with their return units. Ten different players have returned kicks and five more have run back punts. Ace return man Josh Cribbs doesn’t have a punt return longer than 17 yards or a kick runback beyond 36 all season.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?id=3030

56511112.jpg

Baltimore QB Joe Flacco: He's 5-0 vs. Cleveland, completing 68.2 percent of his passes.

Baltimore's defense has allowed only 24 third-quarter points this season, the lowest in the NFL. It also has gone 23 straight games without permitting an opposing touchdown, the best third-quarter streak in modern-day (since 1933) NFL history.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14479186/peek-at-the-week-playoff-playoff-in-giantspackers

My Fellow ExtremeRavens Fans...There is more to todays game than meets the eye.

Cleveland stands at a historic crossroard today. They can erase their karmic debt for keeping Art out of the HOF by giving the Ravens a win today and beating the Steelers next week. Years of futile football...a seeming endless cycle of crappy, eye burning football would end if they fullfill this selfless and charitable act.

The question is....Are they smart enough to understand this momentary gift the universe offers them and will they take advantage of it?

"Oh CRUEL Universe! I don't know! Art in the Hall?! Is there a door #3?"

Browns-Fan-1.jpg

Guest BallTMore

The bad news is we're most likely heading to Indy.

Manning is getting his s#*@ together and we match up horribly against them on offense.

I have little confidence we can beat them in the playoffs.

3 years in a row is no small feat. Yay!

Damn Straight!

I remember waiting 4 years with no shot in sight. I never take this lightly.

This is one sign of a great organization.

BallT...did you have to throw water right away? :)

Here's a good sign...

Peyton_Brady.jpg

The bad news is we're most likely heading to Indy.

Manning is getting his s#*@ together and we match up horribly against them on offense.

I have little confidence we can beat them in the playoffs.

We will beat them! Bring what they want, we will beat them! We're exercising demons this year! It's all set. We beat Indy in the first round. They're short handed on offense and sandersless on "d"! Then we'll travel to Steeler town and end their lackluster season with a home ass kicking that they absolutlely deserve. Hines can go home cryin about how he was held and beat up! We'll then head to NE and do what we did to em last year! We had em on e in their place and they know it! We're gonna beat em all!

Thank You Bengals!!!!!

Now that the Bengals have helped the Chiefs clinch the AFC West there's a good chance we avoid the Colts in the playoffs. The Chiefs play a meaningless game in week 17 against the Raiders while the Colts play a must win game against the Titans. With a Chiefs loss and a Colts win in week 17 the Ravens would travel to Arrowhead instead of Lucas Oil.

All that aside...GO BROWNS!!!

Guest BallTMore

We will beat them! Bring what they want, we will beat them! We're exercising demons this year! It's all set. We beat Indy in the first round. They're short handed on offense and sandersless on "d"! Then we'll travel to Steeler town and end their lackluster season with a home ass kicking that they absolutlely deserve. Hines can go home cryin about how he was held and beat up! We'll then head to NE and do what we did to em last year! We had em on e in their place and they know it! We're gonna beat em all!

Not falling for that again this year. All the BS about revenge just makes the loses worse against them. When Peyton retires i'll feel confident.

Our offense single handedly sends Colt defenders to the pro bowl. It's the worst matchup we have in the NFL.

I'm hoping the stars align and we can avoid them.

Someone should make a "(someone else) Beat Indy" t shirt. The others have been fails. Lol

Thank You Bengals!!!!!

Now that the Bengals have helped the Chiefs clinch the AFC West there's a good chance we avoid the Colts in the playoffs. The Chiefs play a meaningless game in week 17 against the Raiders while the Colts play a must win game against the Titans. With a Chiefs loss and a Colts win in week 17 the Ravens would travel to Arrowhead instead of Lucas Oil.

All that aside...GO BROWNS!!!

The Chiefs might play their starters. I don't think they're going to tank a game if it means playing the Ravens instead of the Jets.

We will not get slapped by Indy. I do understand that Inday has had their way with us in the past, but really, does everyone really want to take the high road? The easy way? I want the nemesis teams! I want to get'em back. Do you really think Peyton wanted to go to the Super Bowl NOT going through NE? Of course he would have taken it, but he knew he had to take the challenge. I want that same challenge for this football team. No one wants the easy road through the playoffs!

That's my point, I don't want the easy road. I want everyone to go wow, look what this team accomplished against the top teams available at their place! I'm feeling much better about this team after the win against New Orleans and the tough play that we've displayed in the past few games. I'm just feeling like maybe this team does have something to prove! I like that they haven't given up or played down even once this year. They've had rough games, but this team has not quit or been blown out.

Cmon, you all spent the past 3-5 weeks getting me to believe in this team when I reallyd didn't want to, and now that we've made the playoffs and have our shot, we're not gonna seize the moment?!?!?

Bring Indianopolis on, Cmon Peyton, we'll go to your place and we'll put you in your place! Cmon Ravens fans, this is our time to shine, our time to talk some smack and right the ship! We're gonna get em, Joe is ready!

We will not get slapped by Indy. I do understand that Inday has had their way with us in the past, but really, does everyone really want to take the high road? The easy way?

At Indy

At Pittsburgh

At New England..

Nothing easy there

That reminds me of our 2005 SB run. Every game on the road, Cincy (when they were good, yeah I know, for a year), Indy (everyone remembers Bettis' fumble!) and then the Broncos.

No, doesn't quite stack up like Indy, Pit, NE. However, those kind of runs are what legends are made of.

Then again, there is still one game to play. No reason to believe at this point in time you might not be in 1st place in the AFCN. My Steelers still have to take care of business- and yeah, any given Sunday...