ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What I would like to see the Ravens do in the draft

papasmurfbell

Well, 4 picks in the 3rd, all 4th to 5th round players.

Got a road grader at guard who can't pass block: but a hard worker with potential.

Finally a fast wide out with great hands, but he can't run routes and doesn't adjust well to the ball in the air, nor does he do well with tight coverage.

An undersized defensive linemen who gets pushed out of the way in run stopping and doesn't get off the ball quickly.

Even Harris is a potential guy, but he lacks instincts, gets fooled easy on play action...

Look, this draft went against the Ravens, all of those great wide outs went early and often. I guess Cinci didn't want to trade out of the 1st pick in the 2nd...

Hopefully these players turn out, but they were all reaches save for Dobbins who was a great value pick, if unneeded. I guess this means the end of the wind blown back after the team reached for him a draft or two ago.... No way they keep 4 backs..

Here's the rationale for Dobbins.....

We didn't really expect [Dobbins to be available there], I don't think anybody really did," DeCosta said. "But we just had to take him. He's just a talented guy. It just made too much sense for us not to take him. But Ingram turned 30 in December and backup Edwards is a free agent next offseason. When Ingram was injured late in the season, Baltimore struggled to run the ball in a playoff loss to the Tennessee Titans, getting 42 rushing yards from its running backs.....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29096045/ravens-take-buckeyes-jk-dobbins-heels-record-rushing-season

This team keeps getting faster. Lamar will have his work cut out to get his timing down with these guys. If he does, then the Ravens could be putting up 21 points in 6 minutes like KC.

As I said Max, I understand the pick, the value was great. Time will tell if one of the players the Ravens needed that were drafted after Dobbins and before their pick at 60 will turn out to be better.

I am fine with the draft this far, it is how it played out, Higgins being there for the start of the 2nd round was a shock, I am sure especially to the Bengals. He would have been a great addition to this team, maybe..... Could the Ravens have been able and willing to trade back into the first to nab Higgins? Only Magnum will know I suppose, possibly Zeus & Apollo, but they are "barking madd"...

These guys, aside from our great first pick, will be in training pads for a while. We have our return man for sure, if kickoffs are still a thing.

11 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

As I said Max, I understand the pick, the value was great. Time will tell if one of the players the Ravens needed that were drafted after Dobbins and before their pick at 60 will turn out to be better.

In time you will see that there were better players available....but who can tell right now? You have to pull the trigger when you are on the clock.

The @Ravens first three selections & where Daniel Jeremiah had them ranked on his board:

28: Queen ➡️ 15

55: Dobbins ➡️ 37

71: Madubuike ➡️ 45

It's only one board, but I challenge anyone to find me a team whose first three picks provide such excellent value.#RavensFlock

Walter Football amazingly mocked JK to the Ravens in the second round and Queen in the first if he was still available. They love both picks.

In general, I don't think drafting a back is a good idea before round 3. Robbins may be the exception to the rule.

Queen and Roberts can both contribute right away. I would love it if our receiver pick could too but that might be a stretch. He's got speed and good hands and fights for the ball...have to see if he runs routes better than what I've seen so far in highlight film.