ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What I would like to see the Ravens do in the draft

papasmurfbell

They already have a Shenault in Boykin; same player they don't need him. Higgins is a different animal all together. Great hands, strong, fights for the ball, adjusts to it in the air and knows how to use his body to keep the defender away. He is also very good off of press coverage, something Shenault nor any of the current Raven receivers are not skilled.

2 2nd, 2 3rds, I expect, if they keep em both, for them to get a very good lineman for the offense, maybe a raw tackle who can play inside, like Jones from Houston...

When Ingram got hurt the running game became average and was a liability in the playoff loss. It was all Lamar. They need this guy. He's go tJamal Lewis in him. Shows up in the big games.

Also drafting Queen gives them the ability to make this type of pick because 1 serious hole was plugged.

Edited by vmax

Don't know Max, are those 4 players going to make the roster? It all depends on who they draft now. Trading back at this point while drafting a runningback earlier makes the rb pick look stupid.

Don't blame the playoff loss nor the running game taking a hit on the Ingram injury. That was all play calling and poor play. Gus was running well; Dobins is a nice back but he is not Jamal Lewis, not even close my friend.

In essence the Ravens have 6 picks in the first 100.

Eric must have seen better value trading back then standing pat.

you never know....they may need the draft capital so they can trade up to get a guy they want.

58 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Sure they are, neither is very reliable as a consistent pass catcher, both run well when no one is covering them, and they both get nicked up easily

So sharing three negative qualities makes you the same player? Ok Lamar and rg3 are the same player, neither can  read defenses, they both stare down there receivers, and they both take off and run too soon without letting the play develop, Lamar and rg3 are the same

I’m still a bit shocked by that second pick. I don’t think it’s a good idea to pick a RB higher than round 3. Also we’ve had 3 picks so far and don’t have an edge rusher or WR. I just have to hope that DeCosta knows what he’s doing because I don’t know what he’s up to.

There certainly were more pressing needs than RB so I think the Ravens did not see the value in edge rushers or WR's at this spot....think Sergio Kindle and a ton of atheletic freaks that don'y pan out at the NFL level. The just let a bunch go...Kenny Young, Tim Williams...

Happy with the DL, WR, and OL picks. You're probably right about the RB pick...in that there was no one better out there. I can see the logic in that. The kid can run for sure.

Duvernay could be a steal if he plays like those highlights showed. How are his hands?