ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Anyone hear Housh on The Fan?

cravnravn

I'd still take him back. He caught the winning TD in Pittsburgh and still has game. But don't need him, Boldin and Mase.

Of those three, I'd let Mase go first. Also, maybe Reed is our slot (Wes Welker guy) or speed guy. TE with Heap, Dixon and Pitta looks OK.

We ve got to have that burner (draft of FA) to stretch the field. Probably need to draft to avoid the "diva" problem.

The O will be allright if we do the above and straighten out our OL (LT and C) and keep Grubbs, Yanda and Oher (RT) where they belong.

:gorave:

I have little problem with receivers wanting to get the ball and saying so, especially if they feel they are not even being looked at on the field. If they run hard every play and are not even looked at it would be frustrating. Plus their next contract is largely based on what they do on the field this season and being a good route runner but not getting the ball is not going to help so much. Even beyond the money they are competitors and want to compete. Good competitors want the ball.

Now there is a line between stating you want the ball and complaining so much that it causes a distraction to the team. You can't have that.

I have little problem with receivers wanting to get the ball and saying so, especially if they feel they are not even being looked at on the field. If they run hard every play and are not even looked at it would be frustrating. Plus their next contract is largely based on what they do on the field this season and being a good route runner but not getting the ball is not going to help so much. Even beyond the money they are competitors and want to compete. Good competitors want the ball.

Now there is a line between stating you want the ball and complaining so much that it causes a distraction to the team. You can't have that.

There is also a big problem when you have your receivers clamoring for the ball then drop key passes in crunch time :dry:

There is also a big problem when you have your receivers clamoring for the ball then drop key passes in crunch time :dry:

No doubt they both dropped key passes they should have caught, but that doesn't really change my thoughts I posted.

Its not like any of them dropped a lot of passes this year.

It sounded to me more like Joe doesn't have the authority to do what Carson Palmer does.

By the way, TJ is so smart and so articulate...I wish there was a way to bring him back IF we would utilize him more. Sadly, I doubt we'd be able to afford his contract next year.

Very telling about Cam. My impression is that Cam is a tight-ass who doesn't let his players (notably Flacco) take control of the game. And from what Wilcox says, Cam never admits to making mistakes. Thats a very bad sign in a manager.

No doubt they both dropped key passes they should have caught, but that doesn't really change my thoughts I posted.

Its not like any of them dropped a lot of passes this year.

No, I agreed with your point. I am just saying when you drop the big one it makes you a lot less credible. Mason dropped a big touchdown pass in the Pats game this season then dropped that gimme in the Steelers game last season. Our guys do not step up when it matters.

Very telling about Cam. My impression is that Cam is a tight-ass who doesn't let his players (notably Flacco) take control of the game. And from what Wilcox says, Cam never admits to making mistakes. Thats a very bad sign in a manager.

I have that Billick feeling all over again. The Biscuit took Billick to task over his handling of the team and told him to change or he was history. Everything went well for a season and then it fell apart and Billick got canned. Does anyone else see Biscuit telling Harbaugh or directly to Cam that he has to change his ways or the Ravens will move on without him?

Or has Steve learned his lesson from Billick and will go with his gut and ask for a change to be made immediately on offense?

Well that is the question. They are talking about giving Harbs a new deal. Why? I believe he has 2 yrs left on the first contract. I would like to see Harbs correct some of his coaching flaws before they do a new contract for him. They gave Billick new deals all the time also. You would think Steve would learn from that.

Well that is the question. They are talking about giving Harbs a new deal. Why? I believe he has 2 yrs left on the first contract. I would like to see Harbs correct some of his coaching flaws before they do a new contract for him. They gave Billick new deals all the time also. You would think Steve would learn from that.

He has been coaching for three seasons and gone to the playoffs each year and won at least one playoff game each year with an appearance in the AFC Championship. There is no way he doesnt deserve a new contract IMO. His contract is up after next year so its wise to get the extension done now so it wont become a distraction.

I have that Billick feeling all over again.

The blaming of Cavanaugh, Fassell, Billick, now Cameron. Fans shouting for what some see as an obvious change. The firing of each bringing no real change mainly because the problem is on the field.

flacco.gif

So Harbs has 2 yrs left. Lets see if some of the problems with his coaching can be fixed this yr. It is not like he will be walking away after 2011.

If you count the season that just ended as a year then yes he has two years left. If you do not, he only has one year.

Every coach has problems, but with his record the last three years and where the team was when he took it over, he certainly deserves an extension. Sometimes being a lame duck coach seems to be a distraction.

I thought he had a 5 year deal. If not I would not give him more than 2 more years right now. I want to see him correct problems with his coaching.

Im with Papasmurf. Unless he's been promised a contract this offseason, I too would like to see him correct the problems (esp on the O side) before giving him a new contract or extension.

I do not think Harbaugh is a perfect or great coach at all. Not yet and maybe not ever. Who knows?

I just think that for a coach taking over a 5-11 team and leading them to records of 11-5, 9-7, and 12-4 with playoff wins each year its a no brainer that he deserves an extension and should get one.

Now it looks like Steve Bisciotti is going to give Harbs a new deal. I am not saying to fire him but I do think he needs to work on things. I do not like his review procedures. I do not like how his team regularly fall asleep during parts of games. I do not like how both of his coordinators seem to bash their heads into the wall trying to get their players to do things they can't do. I also do not like how he dumps guys in the doghouse for huge amounts of time even if they can be used to win games on Sundays. Harbs should come back but he needs to work within his original deal. Bisciotti gave Billick extensions haphazardly and it came back to bite him in the ass. I am wondering if the Ravens have a good owner or a flawed one.

I think at least 3 of these problems should be fixed before he is given a new deal. Maybe with Pagano 1 problem may be solved. These are some of the reasons why the team doesn't win in a decisive manner and also is out manned in the playoffs.

I agree with the first three. I disagree with "I don't like how he dumps guys in the doghouse for huge amounts of time even if they can be used to win games on Sundays."

Maybe it's necessary. Billick and this team (and many teams) have had problems with players taking over the team because they realize how indispensable they are. Maybe we've avoided blow ups similar to TO, Ocho Cinco, Moss, Young, Haynesworth, etc because Harbaugh actually has firm policies. Maybe it makes the trouble-making players better in the long-run. Maybe it makes other players better, knowing that hard work and good work gets rewarded.

Mike Tomlin did it too. Benched Mendenhall for being a buffoon until he turned it around. Worked out great for them, even though many didn't expect it. And it wasn't easy for the Steelers to overcome it either. It worked.

Might have to eat my own words after reading further... here's the damning part:

In an interview with ThePostGame.com in his Birmingham, Ala., office in December, Ross produced more than a half-dozen text messages he said were from Lewis over the past two years acknowledging receipt of S.W.A.T.S products and providing Ross with two addresses for shipment. ThePostGame.com has confirmed that both addresses were for properties owned by Lewis and the phone was registered to Lewis. Ross estimates he has sent 25 bottles of spray to Lewis over the last two years. (Each bottle, Ross estimates, contains a two-month supply of spray.)

A text message on Ross’ phone, dated Aug. 30, was sent to a number registered to Lewis, and asked, “You get the … spray?” A message received moments later from the number said, “Yes.”

A text message from Ross to the phone registered to Lewis at 8:05 a.m. on Nov. 2, 2009 asked, “You need more spray?” A reply from Lewis’ phone, received one minute later, read, “Yes my man, always.” Another text from Lewis’ phone read, “Yes, send me all the stuff.”

I agree with the first three. I disagree with "I don't like how he dumps guys in the doghouse for huge amounts of time even if they can be used to win games on Sundays."

Maybe it's necessary. Billick and this team (and many teams) have had problems with players taking over the team because they realize how indispensable they are. Maybe we've avoided blow ups similar to TO, Ocho Cinco, Moss, Young, Haynesworth, etc because Harbaugh actually has firm policies. Maybe it makes the trouble-making players better in the long-run. Maybe it makes other players better, knowing that hard work and good work gets rewarded.

Mike Tomlin did it too. Benched Mendenhall for being a buffoon until he turned it around. Worked out great for them, even though many didn't expect it. And it wasn't easy for the Steelers to overcome it either. It worked.

I agree that you need to keep players inline but Ellerbe dropped off the planet for what 10 weeks. I am fine with benching a guy when he is a screwup. But at some point he needs to be back on the field. I am fine with Gaither being sent away now. It is just a measured response that I am looking for.

But we don't know everything about the Ellerbe situation. If Ellerbe had improved his play or attitude or whatever the problem was in practice, in his workouts, in his game study... you don't think Harbaugh is man enough to put him back on the field?

... unless he was continuing to be childish, immature and/or ill-prepared in practice and team meetings.

I guess if it was that bad the better move was to just plain cut him. But regardless, I simply have to trust my coach sometimes. We don't know 95% of what happens with this team because we only see them for 3 hours on Sunday.