ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Steelers

vmax

Ravens win probability: 45.8%. Sounds about right. I've already written this game off as a loss. that would put the Ravens at 6-5 with a decent chance to make the playoffs given their closing schedule. That would also make revenge in the playoffs that much sweeter. It can happen if the Ravens get healthy.:gorave: In short...it's not over.

original.png

For a time in the past, it seemed like the Steelers would win this game in Baltimore and the Ravens would win in Pittsburgh. Here's to hoping that's the case this year. They split many seasons.

Team Stats

bal.png&h=100&w=100 pit.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 26.8 29.8
Points Allowed Per Game 19.5 17.4
Total Yards 357.7 356.5
Yards Passing 197.2 254.3
Yards Rushing 160.5 102.2
Yards Allowed 353.6 332.9
Pass Yards Allowed 237.6 229.5
Rush Yards Allowed 116.0 103.4

Edwards and Hill had a good game in a must win game for the Steelers.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGxTWo5emZ3aK6kw-VCQ8 RG3 was the QB.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG3eaOEtWIFPjnijyFemi.... that was with many Ravens starters on the bench. This year Lamar will be on the field. Big difference.  In that game the Ravens ran for 223 yards and 5.1ypc. Rookie RG Phillips is back.They'll be fine.

Hey...if I keep going I'm going to talk myself into a Ravens win! :fishin:

Here's my questions:

Can the Ravens play for 60 minutes? They keep giving up leads and wilting in the 4th quarter.

Can Lamar put the O on his back, execute and win a big game...finely?

Campbell and Williams will be out again. :cryin: The D has to do a better job, especially in the 4th quarter and with tackling.

How many sacks does Ngaquoe get? I'm thinkg 2 even though Ben is really getting rid of the ball fast...call them coverage sacks.

Can Peters get his head in the game?

Penalties! Self inflicted, self destructive, game changing penalties! This is how they keep finding ways to lose.

OK...it's been 2 weeks in a row the Ravens have been burned by trick plays. Tomlin has one coming if the game is close. Will they fall for it again? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0B688tE8yMiWXqtScP03

Will Brown EVER catch a ball?

Will the Ravens offense finally make a big play?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7YAQQfWzh4p7Emx-gx9V "Yo...you're on a roll! Big Truss...Big Truss...remember?"

The Ravens backs are against the wall. Injuries, covid, losing...lot's of distractions.

Final Question: Will they loose faith and not show up?

Nah. Not this game!:gorave:

rtsk9op97guuokfjdgtx

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRs-rAkGmOJpm8XHsglbeQ......................................................................:thumbup:

Baltimore (6-4) at Pittsburgh (10-0)

Thursday, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)

Latest Odds: Steelers -4.5
Bet Now

The CDC is recommending that you shouldn't travel for Thanksgiving this year and although I originally thought that was a nationwide warning, I think it might actually just apply to the Ravens. Baltimore is dealing with multiple COVID-19 cases right now with two key players -- Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins -- both testing positive, which means those two won't be playing Thursday. If you're wondering how everyone on Twitter is handling this news, let's just say things are interesting in Pittsburgh. 

Guys, as we all know, the first rule of tweeting out a conspiracy theory is that you have to go all-in if you're going to do it, so let's take this tweet one step farther: Maybe the Ravens faked the positive tests so that the game against the Steelers would be canceled, which would lead to the NFL adding the eighth playoff spot that the Ravens could then end up earning. It's diabolical. Also, the moon landing was fake, the earth is flat and John Harbaugh was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. 

As for this game, if there's one week this year where the Ravens offense actually looked pretty unstoppable, it was against the Steelers. Although they lost 28-24 back in Week 8, the Ravens doubled the Steelers in total yardage (457 to 221) and mostly outplayed Pittsburgh except for four glaring mistakes, which were all turnovers from Lamar Jackson (two lost fumbles, two interceptions). If Jackson had just been slightly smarter with the football, I think Baltimore would have won that game and I think he'll be slightly smarter with the football on Thursday night. 

No, the Ravens won't have Dobbins or Ingram, but they will have Gus Edwards, who averaged 5.4 yards per carry in the first meeting. I hate picking against a team that's undefeated at home when they're playing at home, but that's what I'm going to do here.   

The pick: Ravens 23-20 over Steelers.............:gorave:.................https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-12-picks-ravens-stun-undefeated-steelers-on-thanksgiving-chiefs-get-in-shootout-with-buccaneers/ar-BB1bjyP6?ocid=U508DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

He's absolutely 100% correct! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbA75NPedhVjH-i_zvMpA

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Good to know you and Dave from Saulsbury can keep each other company in your tin foil hats.

I do not know who that is...if its a caller into sports radio I do not often listen to that because there are far too many ass....well far too many people like you.

But hey, great response.

Ravens win probability down to 35.4%. 

This may have something to do with 20% of the team having the virus (that goes up everyday), unnamed staff have it (beginning to think Harbaugh or Wink or G'ro have it), the Ravens facility is closed, the team can't practice and now Lamar has it too.

I think the Steelers are scared to play the Ravens.

Game postponed to Tuesday night.

Here's information on a possible starting O line from the Ravens website. It doesn't look good.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-offensive-line-faces-more-changes-and-challenges

The D line.....:nono:

The defensive line faces uncertainty with Campbell, Brandon Williams, Justin Madubuike, Jihad Ward and Broderick Washington among the 18 Ravens placed on the Reserve/Covid-19 list this week. Wolfe has been one of Baltimore's most consistent defensive linemen, and two of his best games have come during the past two weeks against the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans respectively.

Smith has dealt with back and ankle issues this season but he has missed just one game and is having one of his best years.

as a massive outbreak among the Ravens has led to eight straight days of reported positive tests, they’re set to head to Heinz Field with just 34 players from their 53-man active roster...........https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-pr-sp-ravens-steelers-broncos-covid-20201130-l6c6bwedyzgqzemux25uzcbd2e-story.html

After watching Denver Sunday this game is setting up to be a slaughter. The Steelers should set all kinds of records.

Edited by vmax

It's just ridiculous, I heard a local sports reporter try to "put a positive spin" on this game. How the players who can play can make a name for them selves, step up.

Please, this is worse than a preseason game 4 line up, at least you had plenty of players. This game, 11 on offense, 11 on defense, 11 on special teams, that is 33 players. One below those on the roster who can play. One injury then what? At least college has the right idea, no game if you can't field a competitive team.. Forfeit or postpone and make an extra week to play these games.

It's worse than a week 4 pre season game. It's the Ravens week 4 pre season line up, with no practice reps, vs the Steelers starting line up....for 60 minutes.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM-7Bi_GDX9E0n0KK8cWx

:gorave: I will be pulling all the way for "Our" Ravens.  Their "Our Guys."

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

BAL was rediculous last night.  Senile old Mills said that maybe Pittt doesnt know the new players and their abilities.

Yep, that was him, unreal, people are dying, young athletes may suffer lasting heart issues and this team barely has enough players to field a game team. He wants to paint a rosey picture? Jeepers

Ravens offensive line vs. Steelers defensive front

Injuries have forced Baltimore to shuffle its offensive line all season and the Steelers bring tremendous pressure, led by outside linebacker T.J. Watt, a candidate for Defensive Player of the Year. If they are to move the ball effectively, the Ravens must prevent Pittsburgh's front seven from dominating.

Robert Griffin III vs. Pittsburgh's secondary

Griffin will be attacking a Pittsburgh defense that is leading the league in turnovers. Without a lot of recent game action under his belt, Griffin must be accurate throwing into tight windows, yet careful enough to avoid mistakes. That's a tough task going against a secondary led by Fitzpatrick, an All-Pro safety who is one of the game's top takeaway artists.

tenor.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSe-plk3u0MbHtoAv7Zch Me and Dez got this..."