ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Steelers

vmax

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Spen said:

Lol, It's like a college team playing a high school team and celebrating every successful play. 

Feels like the 4th game of the pre season.

And the season starts Tuesday night in Dallas.

Well....the Ravens played hard for 60 minutes and that was good to see as far as what I think they can do in these final 5 games.

Maybe they'll see the Steelers again. That would be real nice.

11 hours ago, vmax said:

They can build on this and the Steelers look vulnerable.

Can they though? We saw the same mistakes cost them this game as we saw all season so far in games that they were prepared. Every game save the KC game was winable if not for the mistakes of turnovers, penalties, especially presnap, poor clock management and poor decision making. We "can" over look it for this game, so many practice sqaud, third string players in the game. A qb who is better suited for broadcast than for playing...

But they were the same mistakes as the starters made, including dropped touchdown passes...

With that said, I don't want to diminish the way the team fought with no depth, for 4 full quarters. This was a winnable game for 3 quarters, one of them scoreless!

So how do they respond? Dallas next week, a get healthy game no doubt, one that should be won convincingly. Then a short week to play a good Browns team.... The Ravens cannot afford to keep making the same mistakes week in & week out.

Good points TSY.   At this point our season now rests totally with Dallas.  Forget this running the table crap or mindset.  One game at a time.  Lets just get a W.

If we win and go 7-5 we have a shot a making the playoffs.  If we lose (and hence lose 4 in a row), we are toast.

Couple of random thoughts:  I'm reading Lamar is not a sure bet to play Tuesday vs Cowboys.   He may just be coming off COVID 19 list.  

We've gotta have Lamar for this game.  If we start RGIII or Trace vs Cowboys (and Andy Dalton), I don't know about that matchup.      

Otherwise, we need to be at or close to full strength, play pissed off (that we didnt beat Steelers), get this "offense" back on track, and our D must be in Dalton's grill all night.

(Dalton has a history of beating us and he's got some explosive weapons.  His OL is in shambles; we cant let him up for air all game)    

If we do those things, we can be successful Tuesday night.      One game at a time; one game at a time.    

The O line played well or at least, not bad for not practicing and thrown together last minute.  I think the Ravens found their center. However good they looked run blocking, the ground game only garnered 129 yards. Gus had 9 carries for 10 yards. The yardage all came from the QB's. They gave up 3 sacks, 9 TFL's and 5 QB hits. they played with heart and gutted it out. They did not get pushed around. There's something to build on here.

I want to give RG# credit for battling and fighting hard. However completeing 7 of 12...not bad...for 33 yards...bad...at 2.8 ypc and a 28.5 rating. :nono: His pick 6 was the difference in the game. Don't throw that and Ravens win. But he did and the Steelers made the play.

Amazed by the defense. They held the Steelers to 13 points. They played in sudden change situations and defended the red zone. Already depleted, they played hurt......

Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith left because of a groin injury in the second quarter. Defensive end Derek Wolfe, safety DeShon Elliott, offensive tackle D.J. Fluker and cornerback Marcus Peters all suffered injuries but returned to the game....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30440402/robert-griffin-iii-wonders-player-safety-actually-being-taken-account-gutsy-matinee-loss

Jackson, who tested positive on Thanksgiving, will complete his 10-day quarantine on Saturday. If he tests negative, he will be available to play in his team's game Tuesday against the Dallas Cowboys.

"He's in good spirits," said Ravens wide receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, who is Jackson's close friend. "He told us to go out there and try to win this game. Just wishing for a speedy recovery for him.".....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30440402/robert-griffin-iii-wonders-player-safety-actually-being-taken-account-gutsy-matinee-loss

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZOlQWfRgynhWzY-G6uff..............Breaking news!..

Baltimore corrió para 129 yardas ante Pittsburgh, pese a no contar con Lamar Jackson.

En NFL Live, analizan la dramática victoria de los Pittsburgh Steelers ante los Baltimore Ravens y se plantean si pueden mantener el mismo nivel contra los Bills. Por otro lado, discuten el cómo impactará a los 49ers jugar fuera de casa por evitar contagios.

2 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Good points TSY.   At this point our season now rests totally with Dallas.  Forget this running the table crap or mindset.  One game at a time.  Lets just get a W.

If we win and go 7-5 we have a shot a making the playoffs.  If we lose (and hence lose 4 in a row), we are toast.

Couple of random thoughts:  I'm reading Lamar is not a sure bet to play Tuesday vs Cowboys.   He may just be coming off COVID 19 list.  

We've gotta have Lamar for this game.  If we start RGIII or Trace vs Cowboys (and Andy Dalton), I don't know about that matchup.      

Otherwise, we need to be at or close to full strength, play pissed off (that we didnt beat Steelers), get this "offense" back on track, and our D must be in Dalton's grill all night.

(Dalton has a history of beating us and he's got some explosive weapons.  His OL is in shambles; we cant let him up for air all game)    

If we do those things, we can be successful Tuesday night.      One game at a time; one game at a time.    

Lamar may not be able to play  If he can he will come off the list just before the game and have no reps.  So the backup is a very real option.  I say give Trace all the first team reps this week.  I think he has more to offer if called to platy at this point.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6HfoAB5MSZx3UZqBUeA0"Waaaaaa!"

"We played like the JV," Smith-Schuster said. "You know, we played down to their level. They came out with a JV squad, and we were playing JV and we didn't come out and execute and play the way we wanted to play............https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30439948/frustrated-mike-tomlin-calls-pittsburgh-steelers-effort-matinee-win-really-junior-varsity

Shortly before the game, Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt derided the Ravens’ chances on Instagram. “Pad the stats — should be an easy one,” he taunted in a message to teammates.....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-pr-sp-ravens-five-things-steelers-20201204-xlme3iscl5fnjg36peixnczrxq-story.html

7_q32f.gifZ8M1AOq.gif

Edited by vmax