ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bad 2 days for the NFLPA

papasmurfbell

The players will not strike or intentionally continue the holdout. Their entire argument is against a loss of time. If the league puts a decent offer on the table, they will take it. Smith will probably continue arguing for more, but he dug this hole in the first place, and a lot of players know that.

Gene Upshaw is doing flips in the grave, who is this yellow bellied Union president, he sounds like a company man, and if thats the case, he will break the Union..

Good gawd almighty, I need an "in" with this shit, I'd tell those owners to stick that offer right up their ass..The Union have the owners by the shorthairs here, not the other way around..

Crav, the owners are the ones who WANT the lockout. They're the ones who ended the CBA a year early. This isn't like the last time, where both sides are struggling. The owners have won every battle thus far and have more than enough money to sit on for a long time. The players have nothing but that high percentage that the owners want returned.

The players will lose this battle. Period. It's only a matter of when they concede and of what they give up.

Papa, that "next guy" might be our starting cornerback.

Then they can play but I think the league can start implementing changes. That part has me confused.

Isn't there something about the league losing its anti-trust protection and all the players not under contract can become free agents regardless of time served?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!!!

IT'S ANCHOR MAN.....NOT ANCHOR WOMAN....AND THAT'S A SCIENTIFIC FACT!

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

I just thought I would interject with some thoughts of my own about the collective bargaining agreement. The preceding message was meant to be insightful and not digested in one sitting. Read the passage, let the words mingle on your thoughts, and then proceed with a new sense of enlightenment when discussing the CBA. My gift to everyone.

(Translation: I have absolutely know $#@%^& idea what everyone is talking about lol.)

Dont kid yourself thinking these owners want this lockout, there isnt a business owner in the world that deals with a Union that would welcome a lockout.

Why in the world would an owner want to risk losing 1 fan and his 200.00 per game bank roll?

The NFL is one of the only businesses in which such fan retention exists that whatever they do won't hurt them.

Isn't there something about the league losing its anti-trust protection and all the players not under contract can become free agents regardless of time served?

Yes, that's sort of true. But should the union decertify, as someone said, they would continue to play. However, it would be almost entirely under the league's rules. They would be able to do essentially whatever they want (imagine the corporate world with and without unions, i.e. imagine working at a retail store vs. working as a teacher in a union).

Sorry KS, Im not buying your pro-management stand with this..If theres a strike of any length, it will crush the owners, all you need is one top 10 corporate sponsor to say "C-YA" and the rest will follow.

3 million dollars for a 30 second spot at the super bowl, just think about that for a while.

So to sum up, if I understand correctly, if there is no NFL season next year the owners still get the TV revenue. That is money that is usually used to pay salaries that the owners can keep. If my numbers are correct - with a 5 billion annual TV contract divided between 32 owners that would be 156 million that each owner can pocket per year until there is another season.

If so, man those owners are going to be hurting with 156 million in cash per year for as long as the stoppage would go. I bet that is more than most of them make for a played season.