ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

upcoming free agents who stays who goes?

papasmurfbell

This is major FAs coming up.

Matt Judon  He gone.  Way to expensive to keep.

Yannick Ngakoue  He might stay.  Being that he is limited in the run he might not get a huge deal but they need to find the right parts to make him work in the D.

Tyus Bowser  He could stay.  Depends on how other teams value him.  His usage would jump big time.

Pernell McPhee  He could squeak in,  He knows what  he is doing.  Not dynamic but solid.

Derek Wolfe  Not sure they can keep him,  He will be getting a raise.

Jihad Ward  I think they can get him in.

Anthony Levine  At his age do they see him as a guy who will start failing soon?

Willie Snead  I dont think he can be afforded going forward.

Chris Moore  Dirt cheap and plays teams.  Was injured this yr,  Not sure.

Dez Bryant  He will play cheap.  I dont see the point in keeping him but they might.

Gus Edwards  I would trade him this yr.  He has some value.  They should be able to get back the pick they used to get him plus more.  

Matt Skura  I would move on.  

D.J. Fluker  I would move on but he could be depth.  

Trystan Colon-Castillo  RFA and maybe he can develop.

DeShon Elliott  Im not sure.  They need him but he might be a luxury they cant afford.

Brandon Williams  I think he is gone.  He will cost to much.

Calais Campbell  They cant afford him.

Jimmy Smith  He came pretty cheaply this time.  What does he have left?

Anthony Averett  Cant be to expensive being just a rotation guy.

L.J. Fort  Rotaion guy.

Patrick Mekari  Please let him go.  

Bradley Bozeman  He is gone.  He has been pretty good and someone will come knocking.

Orlando Brown  They cant pay him going forward.  I would get some draft equity now.

Mark Andrews  They have to keep him but he will be very expensive.

Nick Boyle  HE will be a luxury they cant afford.

Lamar Jackson  I would expect the 5th yr option to be used.  I would not pay him a big deal but I expect them to do it,

Nick Moore  They dont keep that Morgan Cox discount long.  He shouldnt be to expensive.

Jaylon Ferguson  I suspect he will be leaned on hard in 2021.  So we will see.

Marcus Peters  I think a luxury they cant afford.

Tavon Young  I expect him to be cut before this point.

Marquise Brown  Lets see what he does.

Miles Boykin  As he was used this yr I expect him to be allowed to leave.

Justice Hill  I expect him to be allowed to leave but he does play teams.

Ben Powers  He might get expensive.  

Trace McSorley  He should be affordable.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for getting this list. My heads moving in this direction...just not fast enough.

First take: Keep Bowser, Wolf, Edwards and Ward. Don't let Brown go now. With him and Stanley back for 202, Eric might be able to build the best O line in the NFL. The game is won right there.

I need study time. Hope to get to this soon....have to vote right now...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkt8CFQbg7ZNbJLA3rW5t

McPhee and Wolf are keepers if not just for their leadership & work effort. Bowser is also a keeper, while he has likely hit his ceiling, he has become an overachiever.

Hill can go, great special team player but worthess on offense. Get the speedy back from Duke, much faster, 4 gears, and the wind doesn't knock him over.

Brown is likely going to be too expenaive, sadly, he has turned into a very good lineman.

Small cap due to the pandemic, will cut the Ravens $15-20 mil cap space down considerably, as it will other teams so maybe they can keep the well deserving players who worked hard the Raven way.

Agree on keeping Wolf and Bowser. Hill has to go...hasn't shown much in the years he's been here. Really want to keep O. Brown. They can build a good O-line if he and Stanley are playing. Ngakoue has shown very little and will likely be expensive. Judon , damn! Hate to lose him but it's looking like we can't afford him. Snead should go---good player but would like to see Duvernay in the slot.

21 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

this team desperately needs drft capital now for cheap talent.  Brown can be a big piece.

I get your point and it has merit. 

However, for the 2021 season, they desperately need him. The O line has been their undoing in almost all their big games. You saw how weak it was this year in pass protection and at times run blocking against the 8-9 man fronts.

So...do you forego the draft capital for one more shot at the playoffs and Super Bowl?

My stand is yes.

Unless Brown is willing to give a cap friendly deal, there is no chance of affording him. He has shown to be a very right tackle, a good left tackle & guard. He has worked hard and earned the pay day; he was very raw, slow footed, bad hand placement type coming out of college.

With Lamar's, that is going to eat up 60% or so of the cap, then what?

How do you fill in the guards, the defensive line, the wideouts, the secondary?

There is good talent in the draft, most raw, and yes the Ravens have been good at filling in depth from the draft in those positions, but that would be asking a lot.

Unless you want to waste Lamar's running talent on the next 2-3 years while these young guys develop....

When does the new cap number for next season get announced? I know it will be lower but we're kind of playing in the dark here.

AND, BTW, has anybody else been having problems with their login not sticking from session to session on the board?

On 1/28/2021 at 7:38 AM, tsylvester said:

Cullen hired by Texans gives the Ravens 2 3rd round comp picks, that could be huge.

Sweet! That's a steep price for the Texans. Then Watson asks to be traded. Note much of a vote of confidence for Culley. The picks are 1 for this year and one for next year.

Culley was Baltimore's passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. The Ravens finished the 2020 season ranked last in the NFL in passing:nono:...Houston Texans hire Baltimore Ravens' David Culley as head coach, sources say (espn.com)

Maybe this will improve the Ravens passing game. :fishin:

And this quote tells the whole story about football is a team sport...

The Texans are coming off a 4-12 season, one in which Watson played the best football of his NFL career. The fourth-year quarterback set career highs in touchdowns, passing yards and completion percentage while throwing a career-low seven interceptions....Houston Texans hire Baltimore Ravens' David Culley as head coach, sources say (espn.com)

4-12. With an excellent QB.  They couldn't run the ball and they were middle of the pack in yards and points. Their defense was horrible. Special Teams bottom third. 5th worst turnover differential.

OIP.RoHM1SoIx-1PG18DpXzWUgHaEa?w=292&h=1 See ya!"  OIP.t7APdKLWIbKVkZdhfA8BkwHaD4?w=321&h=1 "You gotta help me get out of here Lamar." OIP.jwLYAP_3N0TJgfG-WzvsiwHaEK?w=324&h=1 "Nobody wants to tackle today!"

On 1/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, tsylvester said:

Unless Brown is willing to give a cap friendly deal, there is no chance of affording him. He has shown to be a very right tackle, a good left tackle & guard. He has worked hard and earned the pay day; he was very raw, slow footed, bad hand placement type coming out of college.

With Lamar's, that is going to eat up 60% or so of the cap, then what?

How do you fill in the guards, the defensive line, the wideouts, the secondary?

There is good talent in the draft, most raw, and yes the Ravens have been good at filling in depth from the draft in those positions, but that would be asking a lot.

Unless you want to waste Lamar's running talent on the next 2-3 years while these young guys develop....

So much for a discount, Brown, according to his tweet, considers him self a left tackle....